• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Saix Questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddix

Awards
A quick few questions...
The first, could someone explain Saix's elemental moon power to me? I'm well aware the moon has greater significance elementally in Japanese culture, but I don't quite understand the concept of what his moon power really is. The blue shockwaves and flames and whatnot? It all just baffles me.

Second of all, a more pointles, yet difficult question to answer. How does Saix manage to hold his claymore as he does, in a reverse fashion behind his back with his palm basically facing forward, yet still swing (or more like slam) the thing in a normal downward ark repeatedly? I've tried to watch his combos closely in Days, but the lower quality makes it impossible to tell. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, look up the clip before the KH2 Saix battle and see how his arm and hand hold the claymore behind his back, play with a copy of Days as Saix, watch how he holds the claymore while not attacking, then pay close attention to how he swings it during his combos. I realize KH is an unrealistic video game, but there is still much realism in the human body workings shown in them.

There. Answer or question my question as you please :)

Tenacious

I never thought those were flames. I saw them as waves of energy or something.

As for how he holds the claymore, it looks cool how he holds it, but I never paid attention to his combos. I'll get back to you on this.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
A quick few questions...
The first, could someone explain Saix's elemental moon power to me? I'm well aware the moon has greater significance elementally in Japanese culture, but I don't quite understand the concept of what his moon power really is. The blue shockwaves and flames and whatnot? It all just baffles me.

Lunatic is his deal. He just absorbs the moonlight to give him strength and when he has enough, he goes into his Berserker state. Kind of works as an element. As for the shockwaves and flames, just seem to be part of his attacks from swinging his claymore.

Second of all, a more pointles, yet difficult question to answer. How does Saix manage to hold his claymore as he does, in a reverse fashion behind his back with his palm basically facing forward, yet still swing (or more like slam) the thing in a normal downward ark repeatedly? I've tried to watch his combos closely in Days, but the lower quality makes it impossible to tell. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, look up the clip before the KH2 Saix battle and see how his arm and hand hold the claymore behind his back, play with a copy of Days as Saix, watch how he holds the claymore while not attacking, then pay close attention to how he swings it during his combos. I realize KH is an unrealistic video game, but there is still much realism in the human body workings shown in them.

Twists his wrist when he swings? =/ Moves so fast I can't tell but that's what I'd guess.

Vaddix

Awards
Hmmm....

Looks as if I've actually came up with a question that's not completely stupid?
And the answer is difficult to find by others also?
Perhaps it is by the twisting of the wrist, but I've tried to model such a combo in slow motion using my own arm, and it doesn't work. At least not without a very awkward angle of the handle and swing.
Also I do suppose the blue stuff looked more as energy. They're much more flame-like in KH2, just the way their shapes come off the ground. Perhaps this blue plasma-esque energy is just whatever the KH visual team imagined would depict lunar energy?...

7thspade

I'm guessing he adjusts it when he swings that way. He probably flips it so that the blade of the claymore is facing infront of him when doing those veritcal arcs.

Key of Valor

The Professor
About Saix's power over the moon...

If you noticed, a lot of Organization powers correspond with spells from KH1.

Xaldin/Wind - Aero
Vexen/Ice - Blizzard
Axel/Fire - Fire
Luxord/Time - Stop
Marluxia/Flowers - Cure
Larxene/Lightning - Thunder

Now in the case of Marluxia, they take the idea of Nature/Life and specify Marluxia's element to reside over a very specific aspect or object relating to that element, this being Flowers.

I think Saix's element corresponds with the KH1 spell of Gravity, but they specify it with the Moon.

The element of the Moon is connected to Gravity.

Gravity is the attractive force that is produced by the amount of mass in an object, and the Moon is basically one celestial body of exceptional mass. The Gravity of the Moon is even credited for pulling the the ocean surface and raising and lowing the tides.

Even Saix's weapon seems to have a higher mass than most Nobody weapons. Also, Saix's moves consist of pounding downwards at great force, which again could be representative of powers connected to Gravity. Plus, Organization powers seem to relate to the person's personality, such as Vexen's icy cold personality, Axel's fiery passion, Larxenes lightning fast temper, and so on. One word sometimes associated with Gravity is "Seriousness", and that would correspond with Saix quite well since he is characterized by absolute seriousness.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
He can change his grip of the claymore when he attacks. His hands arnt glued to it.

Vaddix

Awards
I think Saix's element corresponds with the KH1 spell of Gravity, but they specify it with the Moon.

The element of the Moon is connected to Gravity.

This was a very well-thought-out theory KoV, but sadly I'm positive that the Gravity spells correspond to the Space element in Xigbar's possession.
In fact, it is stated in KH1 when you receive Gravity or an upgrade:
Attained the power of Space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back