• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Saint Seiya Omega (see: precure for boys)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
figured i might as well, since there might be people on khi who would find the tokusatsu action relevant to their interests

saintseyaomega.jpg

so, a little bit of history first: saint seiya was originally published in the 1980's as a shonen manga about young men wearing armors based on constellations to protect the goddess athena and the world from evil forces. it ran in shonen jump for a few years, and despite not having a particularly strong narrative and characterization, had a decent amount of success due to having an admiteddly cool premise and giving the kind of emotional fulfilment that pubescent boys were looking for at the time. the show has actually had a lot of influence on the shonen genre that a lot of people don't acknowledge (tite kubo was inspired by the fight scenes in saint seiya when writing bleach, for instance), and it sort of paved the way for similar shows like shurato. since the original anime aired, various spin-offs (saint seiya lost canvas, saint seiya episode g), specials, and movies have aired. this is the most recent project, which is being done with little to no involvement from masami kurumada, the creator of the franchise (which is honestly not that bad because while kurumada is a really hard-working artist and a really nice guy, he is frankly subpar as an illustrator and storyteller).

as far as the show goes, there is not a lot of depth or substance to be found here, but what we DO get is a lot of hilarious and entertaining tokusatsu action. this is pretty much what anyone expects from a tokusatsu show, they just watch it for kicks and retro action, which this show has in spades.

if you have a tokusatsu craving, or are interested in seeing a project of one of the most famous shonen stories of all time, i'd check it out. just don't expect it to be the next monster or anything.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;79PAZkGzYQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PAZkGzYQ4[/video]

dude be swaggin'

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
so the third episode was pretty fun

enjoyed it quite a bit more than the other two

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I swore to myself I'd watch but I've been holding it off. I guess I'll wait until next week to watch the first few episodes.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Is this canon? since Next Dimension is still going on but its solely a manga

kurumada isn't involved, so i would say no.

edit:

so kouga is pretty retarded

why doesn't he talk about mars or what happened to saori more in-depth it would seem a lot more credible

geki would 100% believe him because he was part of the original cast that protected saori

omega u maek no sense

i'm also really curious about who the two current gold saints are because the original 12 are all dead

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
precure is extremely manly thank u very much

i wouldnt say seiya is toku b/c tokusatsu = live action shows w/ craploads of special effects not rly anime but yeah it does have dat feel

edit: i think its a bad idea to go into any anime comparing it to monster especially if its a show for children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back