• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Safe to skip Re:Chain of Memories and stil "get" story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com
Tried playing it, wasn't really feeling it. Despite the strategic and "skillful" approach this game takes, I just wasn't having any fun with it. So I want to skip it, but considering I haven't played any of the in between games, how important is this game to the story? Can I get by with just watching a few important scenes to get the general direction of importance this game is supposed to have?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Sure! Go to YouTube, type "Chain of Memories full movie" and just watch the video that has the stories of both Sora and Riku. As long as you watch the cutscenes, there shouldn't be a problem.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I didn't know it existed when I played KH2. That summer at my grandparent's house, I watched the original GBA footage compiled in a movie (because that's all there was at the time). Later, I played Re:CoM on the console just because, but at that point, I already knew the story and didn't really need to play it other than to watch cutscenes (we didn't have good internet at the time, so playing the game was the only way I got to watch cutscenes)

Really, the only cutscenes you need are in the castle. There is one world that's kind of important to see and get a "hint" from. But watch all of the castle scenes. You'll know because they all occur in a white room.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In terms of plain story "importance" the storyline of Re: Chain of Memories in itself is the source and explanation for many points and events coming up later in the story, including reasons for at first seeming "unimportant" stuff, but as the posters above me already stated you don't need to necessarily play the game from start to finish as the most important bits take place in cutscenes between the Disney worlds, so watching these on Youtube or somewhere similar should suffice.

If you're really interested in fully "getting" the whole story with every detail and don't have an aversion against reading you can even go by the game script itself:
Re: CoM gamescript.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back