• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sad Thread with Sad stuff.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleena

I just want a thread where we post anything sad in kh. Whether it be in the games or manga.
vimg_007.jpg

This in particular, broke me.
We really get to see the power of a promise.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
when it comes to sad:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/KingdomdaysNA.jpg
And i don't mean it in a bad way. But this game really made me feel for Roxas. His entire existence is just "sad". I think the game was great. This game solidified Roxas as my favorite KH character. Well.. I think he's tied with Ven. I feel like they have incredible depth and have faced some of the biggest hardships.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
don't get me started on Vanitas/my fav's backstory from what we know from the novels... I know it's just half-canon or something like that, but whatever, he is a tortured creature after all. His whole existence was horrible and so was his downfall, painfully predictable
so many characters are hurting inside Sora's heart right now

psst..should I feel bad for laughing at Roxy yelling "we're going to the beach!" ? xD it makes me laugh, but I know Roxas was so innocent and inexperienced in Days, what he says is so (simple and clean) pure that it might just sound out of place if one doesn't know the context of his life.

Anagram

Banned
*goes to find list of writing staff for the series*

Edit. Game writing staff specifically.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know it's just half-canon or something like that
The novels are, as far as it is known, third-tier canon as the games themselves and Nomura interviews supersede them.
I've read some of Goldpanner's translations, and the best example I can immediately think of are the KH 2-novels. In there, there are some incidents and statements that are made impossible to be canon as later games and/or interviews outright contradict them.

What makes the novels "more" canon than Amano's manga is that the novel author, Tomoco Kanemaki, is actually part of Nomura's team/staff and gets some background info-input from Nomura himself. What exactly is background info given by Nomura and what is own interpretation of Kanemaki is hard to discern though if there is no actual instance of a game or an interview confirming or contradicting things in question.

psst..should I feel bad for laughing at Roxy yelling "we're going to the beach!" ? xD it makes me laugh, but I know Roxas was so innocent and inexperienced in Days, what he says is so (simple and clean) pure that it might just sound out of place if one doesn't know the context of his life.
I'd say people who do not know the context cannot be really reprimanded if they find it initially funny or weird. Even to people who do know the context it can still be amusing depending on how it is delivered. The "Who will I have ice-cream with"-scene can still come over as very wtf-like or amusing simply because of the delivery even if you know the true meaning behind it.

*goes to find list of writing staff for the series*

Edit. Game writing staff specifically.

It's somewhat ironic that the one who is arguably the best writer for story pacing and characterization is the one with the work that has the least connection to actual canon.
Kanemaki also does a good job on giving the characters depth and has some real gems inside the novels like i.e. Aerith and Jiminy Cricket interacting or Sora, Donald and Goofy actually reading and contemplating the Ansem Reports in the KH 1 novel, but she has no talent to write actual engaging battle scenes and sometimes it seems the drama goes a bit overboard.

It's sad that the primary medium of the series, the games, actually have the worst writing...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Roxas is one big sad.
"I hardly know who I am! What is so wrong with wanting some answers!?"
The pain you hear from his voice always gets me.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Playing KHII for the very first time, and somehow quickly making an emotional connection with Roxas.
Heck, I sometimes kinda responded back to the TV.
i.e.
Hayner: Looks like I taught you well.
Me: Taught me what?

At that time, I was like a day away from starting my holidays, and to see how much it means to another, only for it to be a lie and believing in a wonderful lie...that's just sad.
*Floats back down to the floor*

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The last parts of Days. Xion's death destroyed me, and when Axel received the Winner stick, man I got too emotionally invested in that game. I remember being disturbingly nice to my friends after I beat it.

The final blow: "Maybe...Today we can finally hit the beach!" Cue Sanctuary.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
tumblr_mhba6yBSOU1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

This part of the secret ending got to me. I've felt sad during a lot of the KH games, but this one outright made me tear up a bit.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The one thing that wasn't touched upon that much is how odd it must be to be friends with someone who tried to kill you (Sora, Riku)

Only in a video game can a friendship become stronger after you try to murder each other.

jnh71193

Awards
Basically everything that happened to Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in Birth by Sleep.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
A more underrated one that gets me is when Sora tells Namine that he wants to forget Castle Oblivion and regain his old memories and you can just hear the sadness in Namine's voice that Sora more or less didn't pick here. I think it was one of my favorite voice acting of the series.

Anagram

Banned
A more underrated one that gets me is when Sora tells Namine that he wants to forget Castle Oblivion and regain his old memories and you can just hear the sadness in Namine's voice that Sora more or less didn't pick here. I think it was one of my favorite voice acting of the series.

It had a tedious battle system but it's story was among the best. Poor Namine. TnT

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It had a tedious battle system but it's story was among the best. Poor Namine. TnT

Yup from what I've seen here, Namine doesn't get her due as having a pretty sad story. She went from being held captive and having nobody to connect with, to finally meeting and bonding with her first real friend (and possible crush), to finally having Sora more or less picked Kairi over her and causing Namine to be lonely again.

It's not Roxas or TAV levels of sadness, but Namine had it pretty rough in COM but the girl gets overlooked..

Anagram

Banned
Yup from what I've seen here, Namine doesn't get her due as having a pretty sad story. She went from being held captive and having nobody to connect with, to finally meeting and bonding with her first real friend (and possible crush), to finally having Sora more or less picked Kairi over her and causing Namine to be lonely again.

It's not Roxas or TAV levels of sadness, but Namine had it pretty rough in COM but the girl gets overlooked..
It can reach their level of sad imo given she also spend a year helping that friend even though she had to do things to Roxas and knew Sora wouldn't know her.

I figure shes over looked because she has no keyblade or lack of development to argue/talk/comment about.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It can reach their level of sad imo given she also spend a year helping that friend even though she had to do things to Roxas and knew Sora wouldn't know her.

I figure shes over looked because she has no keyblade or lack of development to argue/talk/comment about.

I think she's also a victim of having her big game in terms of story becoming an afterthought of the series in terms of future plot points. Fans don't talk about COM (barring the card system) because Sora doesn't remember it so he's got no character development, and the main boss hasn't reappear so I guess folks aren't too interested to invest time to talk about a game that is on the low end of relevancy.

It probably also doesn't help that she is usually grouped with Roxas/Xion/Axel/TAV so fans probably just drift to those character because they have the more prominent tear jerking scene compare Namine.

I'm being half serious here but I don't even know what will I consider her saddest/heavy feels moment/scene in the series. Xion got her whole dying one, Roxas got a whole bunch of course and the others as well, but Namine has play more of an omnipresent role post COM and not so much a vulnerable character role.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's maybe exactly that which keeps Naminé from reaching the "same level" in terms of sadness to some parts of the fandom.
Unlike Roxas or TAV, Naminé did some pretty awful things especially in the eyes of some dedicated Sora fans (in CoM) and Roxas/Xion fans (in Days and KH II).
Her helping Sora directly screwed over both Roxas and Xion, who were not at fault for Sora's condition at all, while she herself was at fault as she herself admitted even in Coded.
Not to mention the memory mess she created was arguably the starting point for many hurts in the series for characters in- and in general for the series out-of universe.
That she was almost always strongarmed and forced into doing the awful things she did gets all too often overlooked though and some see
her predicament and "level of sad" as less credible/important (or partly deserved) because of the "bad" actions she took.

Part of her being overlooked in terms of her hurt and sadness may also sterm from hers not being made that prominent in the series itself. Days had only two or three scenes involving her.
TAV were practically created just to suffer while Roxas' struggles were made prominent and Xion's was shoved down people's throats so over-the-top that it had the opposite effect on a sizeable chunk of the fanbase.
Compare those to how Naminé is portrayed and it's easy to see why she often gets overlooked.
Naminé arguably also losing her spot in one of the series-important power trios due to Xion's introduction may also play into this to a degree.

Anagram

Banned
TAV were practically created just to suffer
The one reason I myself can't get into the trio that much. Especially when even further unnecessary things like ceremonies was made to force feed us connections to previous trios.

I do like Aqua though. I feel like an actual mage for once in the series with her. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back