• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rustling sounds at mysterious tower

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeyril

Okay, so am I going crazy or in birth by sleep do the bushes outside the mysterious tower make rustling noises on their own? My hearing has been really off this week, all music I hear currently sounds creepily off-key for some reason. (The mysterious tower music becomes WAY creepier when it's slightly off-key, btw) but anyway, because of this I've been listening to the sounds of the game extra closely, I'm wearing a headset so it sounds like the bushes are rustling around terra, it's really creepy. It's pretty faint, so I'm almost not sure if I'm imagining it or not, does anyone else hear this?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Okay, so am I going crazy or in birth by sleep do the bushes outside the mysterious tower make rustling noises on their own? My hearing has been really off this week, all music I hear currently sounds creepily off-key for some reason. (The mysterious tower music becomes WAY creepier when it's slightly off-key, btw) but anyway, because of this I've been listening to the sounds of the game extra closely, I'm wearing a headset so it sounds like the bushes are rustling around terra, it's really creepy. It's pretty faint, so I'm almost not sure if I'm imagining it or not, does anyone else hear this?

Damn, bro, you been sleeping okay?

Lol but in all seriousness I never heard it, my TV usually has white noise behind it though and I can't hear very small details in the background :/

Maybe it's Xehanort watching Terra through the bushes eating a bucket of popcorn?

Awards
I'd like to say you're insane, Sheryl. That would make me very happy. :p But I don't know. You're really not there all that long so I wouldn't notice. Now if this has been in KH2, when I was constantly knocking that mushroom around, that would be another story. Maybe you have an issue with your speakers.

Emperor

Like gronodonthegreat and EnchantedDominion, I've never heard those sounds. I think you might need to get some more sleep, that or you just have higher than normal hearing, hopefully it's the latter XD.

Xeyril

I'd like to say you're insane, Sheryl. That would make me very happy. :p But I don't know. You're really not there all that long so I wouldn't notice. Now if this has been in KH2, when I was constantly knocking that mushroom around, that would be another story. Maybe you have an issue with your speakers.

Lol who's Sheryl?
i don't think so, I've been having a really weird week with my own hearing, I took some mess for it and it was all good yesterday, but today I came downstairs and started watching the office, and the theme song came on and I was like "woah, why is that off-key?" But it sounded normal to everyone else. I shrugged it off, but then I started up birth by sleep and heard dearly beloved start and I was like "hmmmm that's definitely off" and I went to mysterious tower to get the sticker I missed and as soon as the screen loaded I got freaked out "DEAR GOD THATS OFF"
and that music sounds very unsettling when it's off, omg
I tried it other places, space, Olympus coliseum, deep space, and it was just so unsettling I stopped playing. Now I'm listening to music from my childhood that's really ingrained in my mind, it all seems right, it's strange. Is the mysterious tower music off key in bbs from how it is in kh2? I've never noticed it before, but it's very creepily noticeable today for some reason.

Awards
I just meant that I listened to the music so long in KH2 that I'd have noticed if it was off. Sheryl is you. Xeyril and Sheryl sound kinda familiar in my mind, unless I'm totally off on pronunciation. I decided to have fun with you and call you Sheryl. xD Feel free to call me whatever you like in return. xD

I'm sorry about your hearing. You might want to get that checked out. After taking some pills a long time ago, my hearing started to get really low and I could barely hear anything.

Xeyril

I just meant that I listened to the music so long in KH2 that I'd have noticed if it was off. Sheryl is you. Xeyril and Sheryl sound kinda familiar in my mind, unless I'm totally off on pronunciation. I decided to have fun with you and call you Sheryl. xD Feel free to call me whatever you like in return. xD

I'm sorry about your hearing. You might want to get that checked out. After taking some pills a long time ago, my hearing started to get really low and I could barely hear anything.
Ohhhh okay lol. I pronounce it zay-rill rather than that but whatever floats your boat lol
When you say your hearing got low, do you mean volume or pitch? Because right now most music I hear is so slightly off, I can't even tell if it's higher or lower, I think it's lower, but it's just reeeally creepy.
But yeah, I tested for the rustling again, I'm definitely not just hearing things, as it only happens when the game is unpaused and I'm outside of the tower, I heard it very clearly and it changed position as I rotated the camera around terra. Does anyone else have a headset or earphones or something to test it?

Maybe it's Xehanort watching Terra through the bushes eating a bucket of popcorn?
lol so THATS how he always knows where terra is

Awards
That's how I was pronouncing it. Xay-ril. Xay-ril, Sheryl. xDDD

Let me go check my Tower right now and see if you're crazy or not. <3

The volumn.. volume... however you spell it went down.

Awards
I don't notice any difference between when it's paused and unpaused, or when it's inside or outside. It's the same music. When you walk on the grass, it makes noise. The music sounds a bit staticy here though.

EDIT: If I walk all the way to the end and then back I sometimes hear a WOOOOOSHHH of air. That?

Xeyril

It's not the music, it's part of the environment I think
Like in Radiant garden when you go outside merlins house, there's a waterfall nearby that makes noise, and the perceived 3-d location of it changes when you turn the camera relative to it

Xeyril

It might be that same whoosh, idk
I feel really creeped out and I'm calling it a night lol
But hmm you said when you walk to the end and back? I noticed it for the first time when I walked to the edge, right where sora gets off the ghost train in kh2, and I've mostly heard it there and in the little alcove that's to the left of the entrance to the tower if you're facing the doors from the outside

Xeyril

It sounds specifically like rustling leaves to me, though, and it'll happen even if Terra's holding still, and it really seems to be coming from the bushes

Emperor

Really very interesting thread here. I am happy to be a part of this community. Thanks

Welcome! :) I'm new here too, lol. But I've been reading these things for awhile and everyone here seems nice enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back