• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Russi Taylor, voice of Minnie Mouse, dies at 75

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse, passed away on July 26th, 2019. She was 75. 

Since she was a little girl, Russi had dreamed of working for Disney. A beloved story of hers involved a chance meeting with Walt Disney himself.

“When I was a little girl, I was with my mom and my brother, and it was late at night at Disneyland. We had just come off the Mark Twain Riverboat and were getting some popcorn. I looked over and saw Walt sitting on a bench, so we introduced ourselves and shared our popcorn with him. At one point during our chat, he asked me what I wanted to do when I grow up, and I said, ‘I want to work for you!’ So he said, ‘Okay!’—and now I do!”

Her dream came true in 1986, where she won this coveted role in a highly competitive audition. Russi would bring this beloved character to life in countless works ranging from film, video games, theme park experiences, and more. Among other roles, she's also well known for providing the voices of Donald Duck's mischievious nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie.

Russi was married to the late Wayne Allwine, who provided the iconic voice of Mickey Mouse from 1977 until his passing in 2009. Speaking of herself and Wayne, Russi expressed one wish:

“I really want whoever comes after us to be aware of the history and the tradition, and to love the characters as much as we do.”

Last edited by a moderator:

disney233

Awards
At least the two can see each other again. It wounds me. Of all the actors I'm aware of that passed, this one hits home for me. Especially as a fan of Disney.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Heartbreaking :(

It must have been so hard living without Wayne for ten years
Oh wow Mickey and Minnie's VA's were married like their animated counterparts? I had no idea, that's incredible.

Anyway RIP. I loved her performance both in KH and other Minnie Mouse content :(

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I actually teared up in IKEA when I read the headlines.

This is the last thing I saw with her.

The song now hits harder.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's too bad Minnie didn't have a speaking appearance in KH3. I would have liked to have heard Russi in Kingdom Hearts at least one more time

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Aww, so sad. Her work was great. She lived a great life.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely devastating. May she rest in peace with Wayne for the rest of eternity.

This will also be the largest retirement of Simpsons characters (at least from this picture I’m looking at), so I’m wondering how they’ll go with retiring a lot of Bart’s classmates, especially Martin, who has been voiced by Russi Taylor since the second episode of the first season back in 1990 :(

It's too bad Minnie didn't have a speaking appearance in KH3. I would have liked to have heard Russi in Kingdom Hearts at least one more time
She voiced Huey, Dewey and Louie in Twilight Town, so she did a little bit of work for KH3.

Phantom

Really sad news, but at least she can reunite with Wayne now. Majority of Disney cartoons were dubbed here where I live, so I remember her mostly from KH and The Simpsons.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
This will also be the largest retirement of Simpsons characters (at least from this picture I’m looking at), so I’m wondering how they’ll go with retiring a lot of Bart’s classmates, especially Martin, who has been voiced by Russi Taylor since the second episode of the first season back in 1990 :(

I was watching Bart the Genius the other night. She was great as Martin Prince. She also played Wendell and the teins Sheri and Teri, I believe.

Sad day. Not too sure how prominent her characters were now as it's been a good 15 years since I last watched.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Sad to hear of her passing. While she lived a long life, it still seems a bit young to pass away. Her voice was the only one I really knew for Minnie Mouse, it'll be strange hearing anyone else do it.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Very saddened that Russi Taylor passed away just one week after Rutger Hauer (Master Xehanort in KH3) passed away.

She was phenomenal as Minnie Mouse and Huey, Dewey and Louie for most media and in the Kingdom Hearts series of games. I also did appreciate her work as the Fairy Godmother, Drizella, and Fauna.

It's going to take some time on who will be the new voice for Minnie Mouse once she makes her debut and for the next KH game.

RIP Russi, your now finally reunited with Wayne Allwine.

Perhaps it might be because her character only appears briefly in the final montage in a non-speaking role along with the fact that Yuko Mizutani (Minnie's Japanese voice actress) passed away three years ago. It's very reminiscent to Phil from Hercules Where the original Japanese voice actor passed away and out of respect they left him as a silent cameo.

Although Russi did provided voice for Huey, Dewey and Louie in Twilight Town

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Reading this makes me wonder how long she had been sick for...
I don't think it's the case, Minnie not speaking in KH3 might have to do with Minnie's Japanese voice actress, Yuko Mizutani who passed away three years ago along Minnie not playing much of a big role in this game which is why you see Chip n Dale being the ones to communicate Sora through the Gummi Phone at Disney Castle.

It's somewhat reminiscent with Phil from the Hercules world where he didn't say any lines in Olympus due to Ichiro Nagai (Phil's original Japanese voice actor) passing away and not playing much of a supporting role like in past visits.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it's the case, Minnie not speaking in KH3 might have to do with Minnie's Japanese voice actress, Minnie's Japanese voice actress who passed away three years ago along Minnie not playing much of a big role in this game which is why you see Chip n Dale being the ones to communicate Sora through the Gummi Phone at Disney Castle.

It's somewhat reminiscent with Phil from the Hercules world where he didn't say any lines of in Olympus due to Ichiro Nagai (Phil's original Japanese voice actor) passing away and not playing much of a supporting role like in past visits.

What? No, I meant that Zettaflare’s post made me randomly think if she had been sick prior to KH3 or if it was a more recent issue, that was all.

Lol Russi Taylor voiced Huey, Dewey, and Louie so I wasn’t concerned about Minnie specifically.

Back