• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumour Has It: KH3D release date July 27th/Summer 2012

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

Re: Rumor: KH3D release date July 27th/Summer 2012

Summer 2012 can equate to September 18th, 2012. The last Tuesday of the Summer and just a day after the NA anniversary. At that point, I will call it purely a marketing ploy.

July however...I find reasonable. Anyway, I'd prefer to ignore this until the dates have been officially announced.

sdr08

whos final fantasy world, are they a fansite?

SoRiAsT

Website
www.khdestiny.fr

It's a rumor that is being backed with "Square Enix France gave us this timeframe" so it is a bit hard to dispel until SE outright denies or confirms it.

Also, KHDestiny, the source I saw "Summer 2012" at first, isn't known to lie. They are also promoted by SE France so this would be a rather damaging thing for their relationship if they were lying or SE France wasn't be honest.

Of course, everybody should take this all with a grain of salt as we should most things.

Hello, I'm SoRiAsT, an admin from KHDestiny's website. I want to give an update about the news.

At first, we saw on the official website "Square Enix Boutique" (Square Enix Boutique : Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance [3DS]) in the "Informations détaillées" section, that the release date was set on 27 July 2012. We published the news on our website and we contacted Square Enix France for an answer. They told us that "the release date for KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is set for Summer 2012 for now".
After that, they updated the product information by changing the release date by "Summer 2012".

So, it's not a rumour! You can see it on this website: Square Enix Boutique : Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance [3DS]

Chistosa

Awards

My little brother's birthday is the 17th; can I still celebrate that a week later with this? :p

-whistles- Small world, my brothers(twins) birthday is the 17th also! And mine is the 28th, so July would be a PERFECT month to release DDD! xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

SoRiAsT, people can't see your post but thank you very much for the information and I have updated the main site!

So Summer 2012 it is~

Venitas

i know this is apparently shorter than the BBS release...but i'm still bugged by this. final fantasy xiii-2, a ps3 game, had simulateneous/near simultaenous localization, and it released roughly a month after japan. 3ds games have way less volume than ps3 games, no? :/

if it is releasing july 24th, that's around the time i'll be packing up for college and moving in...lame

snow_flake40

Awards

Yeah, Summer is pretty much what I had in mind anyway. But now it's more official and stuff. Hurrah for tentative release dates!

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Deslan said:
Not as long as the 8-month torture that was BBS.

That was probably the worst. At least I have something to look forward this summer. If it came out during the school year then I think I would get very distracted lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I get about a month of free time with KH3D. I'll probably finish it that week since I won't have school. I finished BBS in a week with school and a ton of papers to write, but if it comes out around my b-day I'll probably never come up from the game xD

KeybladeStriker

Awards

I just have a feeling it will possibly be release this fall/winter. Not many video games come out in the summer, especially square enix. Not getting my hopes up just yet ;)

Absolute

It would be nice if it was released at the start of summer in June to counter BBS's release in later summer in September.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I'm hoping this is wrong. I want it sooner.
May or June would be nice.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

i know this is apparently shorter than the BBS release...but i'm still bugged by this. final fantasy xiii-2, a ps3 game, had simulateneous/near simultaenous localization, and it released roughly a month after japan. 3ds games have way less volume than ps3 games, no? :/

This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. Why is DDD's release so far apart versus XIII-2's? ;-; I'm not really complaining, I'm just curious why they spent that time they spent localizing XIII-2 but won't/haven't done the same for DDD, a prelude to KH3. ='(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And yet, with all that, even at this point, Square hasn't even announced a release period for the States, not even a 'It will come out Summer 2012, maybe!' Its all been silent on that front. You would think all signs would point to a release happening very soon with what they have been doing so far, but there's been nothing. This gives me the feeling that they don't have one at all yet and it won't be for 6+ months.
Lol, imagine if S-E just said nothing and then one day it just popped up on the shelves and one fan member saw it, came to the forums and was like 'OH MY <small>kupo!</small>ING GOD IT IS RELEASED" and then the forums crash.
#bestscenarioeva.

Edit: Oh, the 3D NA site is back up again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lol, imagine if S-E just said nothing and then one day it just popped up on the shelves and one fan member saw it, came to the forums and was like 'OH MY FUCKING GOD IT IS RELEASED" and then the forums crash.#bestscenarioeva.

Haha, a silent release? xD That'd be amazing rofl

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Lol, imagine if S-E just said nothing and then one day it just popped up on the shelves and one fan member saw it, came to the forums and was like 'OH MY <small>kupo!</small>ING GOD IT IS RELEASED" and then the forums crash.
#bestscenarioeva.

actually that would be a marketing disaster :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back