• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumour: FFVIIR coming 2017, I-IX PS4 collection next year, XIII trilogy coming to PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

This leak/rumour also mentions a few inevitables that might finally be coming to pass: namely that Chrono Trigger, FFT: WotL, FFI and FFII will finally be ported from smartphones to Steam (hopefully they'll fix the FFI levelling bug in the process).

That might sound insignificant at first, but the release of FFI, II, XII and XV would make Steam the first platform since the Famicom to play host to every mainline Final Fantasy game, along with several mainline sequels (FFIV: TAY, FFX-2, FFXIII-2 and -3). These rumoured releases would also bring the PS4 into a close second, since it would play host to every mainline game except FFXI (and TAY, and for that matter FFT).

EDIT: If another part of the rumour is true and they really will translate FFII and FFIII in their original forms for the first time, I'll buy their whole wretched collection.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

Production for FFVIIR began in 2014, so a 3 year dev cycle for Part 1, which was outsourced and on UE4, is not out of the question:

"When we announced the HD port, the PC port on the PS4, we weren't sure when we wanted to announce the remake," Nomura said elsewhere in the interview. "The production was underway then, so there's no real connection between the timing of the two FF7s coming to PS4. We've announced several different titles coming to the PlayStation 4 like World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3."
Final Fantasy 7 remake was underway before the PS4 PC port was announced • Eurogamer.net

As for the I-IX collection on PS4... I can believe it. All the games can easily fit on one PS4 disc (the Vita card is a little hard to swallow) but they would have had this planned for a while. And for it to land alongside the 30th anniversary makes perfect sense.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Oh shit I'm gonna be that bitch who buys the XIII trilogy Day 1 for the third time holyfuckholyfuckholyfuck.

Next year is gonna be a fucking fineass year for Final Fantasy is this all proves to be true, and I hope it is. I love FF, and while we've had sequels to mainline games and niche titles, if this all proves to be true, it really feels like FF may start to recover the rep it used to have before people started to claim everything post-VI/IX/X/XII was trash.

Also, wasn't there a rumor awhile back about XV on Steam that was similar to the XHD Steam rumor that, evidently, became true for X? Or am I misremembering? Honestly, I knew XV would eventually come to PC, and 2018 sounds like the perfect time since all the DLC and the GOTY edition will probs be out or come out at the same time.

VIIHD Part 1 coming out next year seems about right, but I still don't expect it until Winter.

I 100% believe KH3 is gonna be a 2018 release if this is true. KH3 AND all this in one year? (Technically VIIHD and XVPC 2018 but still)

Seems almost too good to be true </3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm going to put my fan hat on my talk about this as if it is real.

I would be thrilled, beyond thrilled actually, to display all Final Fantasy games except for XI on my shelf. To finally experience Final Fantasy's I through to IX would be amazing (I bought them on Vita but I focus more when I play games on my TV than on a handheld).

I honestly believe VIIR is coming next year and KH3 is shortly after. Depending on other releases, I can see VIIR arriving in like Summer 2017. Although I think that Stormblood expansion is in Summer 2017 which might be a negative for that.

My ideal timeline for this, if true, would be:

April / May - Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
June - Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood
July - September - Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1
November / December - Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Edition (bank in on that Christmas nostalgia)

Only issue is slotting in Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy. Someone on GAF pointed out that in 2007 there was a Final Fantasy release in almost every month so it could go in anywhere, but I feel like they would want to market it a little, maybe quickly at E3 during Sony or Microsoft's presentation (I think it was first hinted at due to something on Microsoft's side?).

As for where this will all sit for Kingdom Hearts, we have the two collections launching in early 2017. At the end of March, that will all be over so they can build up Kingdom Hearts III's marketing. With that final push, I can see Kingdom Hearts III coming out in like November or December 2017.

The 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy and the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts can be celebrated together with big Final Fantasy reveals for Kingdom Hearts. Not a world, because Final Fantasy worlds will never happen, but I can see unexpected characters being announced for Kingdom Hearts III during next year.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i would like to see the ep 1 of remake come out for the anniversary but this nomura we talking about but on the other hand maybe the remake and kh3 far are into devlopment

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i would like to see the ep 1 of remake come out for the anniversary but this nomura we talking about but on the other hand maybe the remake and kh3 are into devlopment
What do you mean by that last part? Of course FFVIIR and KH3 are in development.

KH3 has been in development since 2013 with a soft reboot in late 2014 when it swapped engines (so 2-3 years of development so far). FFVIIR has been in development since 2014 so by 2017 it will have been in development for 3 years.

Also, what do you mean by "this is nomura we talking about"? Is this because of Versus? He had his staff taken away from him to fix the fuck ups of FFXIII and XIV 1.0. When he finally got his team because and the game was rebranded as FFXV, he spent a year working on it before being removed and put onto FFVIIR.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
What do you mean by that last part? Of course FFVIIR and KH3 are in development.

KH3 has been in development since 2013 with a soft reboot in late 2014 when it swapped engines (so 2-3 years of development so far). FFVIIR has been in development since 2014 so by 2017 it will have been in development for 3 years.

Also, what do you mean by "this is nomura we talking about"? Is this because of Versus? He had his staff taken away from him to fix the diddly ups of FFXIII and XIV 1.0. When he finally got his team because and the game was rebranded as FFXV, he spent a year working on it before being removed and put onto FFVIIR.

chaser we all know how nomura like to take his time and not rush making his games plus we haven't got any news lately since last year which make me believe the first episode might come out in 2018

as for the last sentence maybe the remake and kh3 are far into devlopment

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
chaser we all know how nomura like to take his time and not rush making his games plus we haven't got any news lately since last year which make me believe the first episode might come out in 2018
I don't understand why people say this about games. It's a good thing that we haven't seen it since last year. It's a good thing we haven't seen Kingdom Hearts 3 since last year. It means they're working hard on the game and are going to showcase more of it when it's almost complete rather than drawing out bits of pieces that look bad, incomplete, or cause worry within fans (like FFXV did for many years).

They haven't paraded FFVIIR around for the last year because they wanted to show off Final Fantasy XV and it worked - the game had the biggest opening sales of the series. FFXV is also why FFVIIR skipped PSX this year. They have confirmed VIIR footage and information for next year which is great for everyone.

You can believe in 2018 but I do have to put my foot down when that belief stems from them not showing anything for a year. It's not like Versus any more, we don't have to live in fear of getting one CG trailer every few years. We saw in-game FFVIIR gameplay last year after about a year and a half of development. They would have done tremendous work in the last year.

They don't have to come up with a new story. They have the script, the world, and characters all ready for the get-go. They have an engine that is easy to work with and can reuse assets from Final Fantasy XV and XIV. I stand firmly behind a 2017 release date. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but observing how Square Enix is conducting business now I can't see them holding it off for a 2018 launch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My few cents:

-I would hope the PSP version of IV is used. high-res sprites>DS polygons & also so we'll get the Interlude that way. But it's probably just gonna be a straight Steam port.

-I am somehow both surprised & not surprised at the lack of any mentioning of XB1/Switch in any of this. The collection at the least oughta be low-cost/low-risk enough to be put on more platforms. Not a good sign for the 3rd party support of Nintendo's new golden egg if it can't even get games that were on NES/SNES.

Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas.

-Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/
What's that even referring to? o_O

-With XI winding down as is, 1 of these days maybe Square should think of releasing a single player version so it can enjoy getting the occasional cheap port like the rest of the series.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if im wrong im wrong and i ll admit it to but let wait see first what next years has in store for us it going to be fun

chaser I do like your idea of adding more ff characters in kh3 to celebrate the anniversaries

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If this is true (which I'm hoping it is,) the re-releases of XIII better include the DLC.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Personally, I think Kingdom Hearts III taking as long as it has worked to its advantage. Think about it , Big Hero 6 is a movie that came out in 2014. With Kingdom Hearts III confirming Big Hero 6, I cannot imagine the game without it now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

as for the last sentence maybe the remake and kh3 are far into devlopment

Tim, we only need to look at Nomura and his co-director's output to know that is untrue. Every KH game thus far has always had a 2-3 year turnover once it entered development outside of Versus.

KH1 entered development 1999/2000, came out 2002.
CoM released 2004.
KH2 entered development 2003, came out 2005 in Japan.
Re:CoM released 2007 with KH2FM.
Coded started its episodic run in 2008.
Days released 2009.
BBS released 2010.
Re:coded 2011.
KH3D 2012.
1.5 2013.
2.5 2014.

Likes taking his time my ass lol

They have been cranking KH games out for a decade.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
A I-IX collection would be wonderful. Hopefully IX’s battle system will be sped up, like I was hoping for an official IX re-release. I just hope the price wouldn’t be astronomical, otherwise I couldn’t buy it. Maybe a XII Remaster will also be released next year?

I’d get the XIII trilogy set if the DLC story content is in the actual game now, but otherwise, no.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The Steam releases of XIII-2 and LR included all the DLC (excluding the Mass Effect and Ass Creed costumes), so the PS4 collection should follow suit. Personally, I'd like it if they threw in extra costumes for Light, such as a Noct costume, and a Squall one tbh. And alternative costumes in FFXIII like Shirtless Snow with bandages pls.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What's that even referring to? o_O

Despite claims that every Japanese version would be used, I can't imagine them going to that kind of bother. Spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the localization of nine games when seven of them are already translated? Please. Some of those early games might be screaming for a new translation but there's no way they'd provide. I think we'll only be seeing the Japanese versions of FFII classic and FFIII classic, although there is the question of what translation they'd use for FFV. The awful PSX translation, that for all I know might be based on Super Famicom code? The GBA translation, which is definitely superior as a translation but definitely isn't based on Super Famicom code and would have to be injected?

That said, even if we take the rumour at its word, we're still not talking about anything that substantial. FFI Houses of Life will be Churches, dancing girls in FFIV will strip down to leotards, topless medusas...

Be aware that any Japanese-version censorship might quite possibly still apply, like the way they removed Celes being beaten in FFVI's remake in the GBA release and beyond. They might actually go into the SuFami code and censor it retroactively just to avoid trouble with CERO the way Nintendo hacks some of its retro games to remove references and flashing lights. I think that's quite possible.

The one truly notable exception I can think of is that we might be playing the original Japanese version of FFIV, which is distinct from the one we received in the west in the form of so many little details you'd have to bring out a huge document to cover them all. It also might be possible that they'd release the original Japanese FFVII, but even if we assume they'd go to the trouble of re-translating every Japanese game, I can't imagine they'd use the original FFVII when they have FFVII International to work from, and FFVII International is basically the version we have in the west as-is.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
No Dissidia port on ps4, hmm :frown:

Probably still waiting to get the whole 012 roster back 1st, which is sadly taking a long time.

Another thing to consider is the issues the game would have with local multiplayer. 1v1 splitscreen is probably viable but 3v3 is not. & sure obviously there's still online but fighting games live & die by local and that's a dilemma that needs to be figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back