• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumour: FFVIIR coming 2017, I-IX PS4 collection next year, XIII trilogy coming to PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If this is true (which I'm hoping it is,) the re-releases of XIII better include the DLC.

Remasters always include all the DLC involved. That's a core incentive to purchase the remastered version of the game. Though, isn't it a little bit too early for a XIII remaster?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Remasters always include all the DLC involved. That's a core incentive to purchase the remastered version of the game. Though, isn't it a little bit too early for a XIII remaster?

It's probably worth looking at the Steam release of XIII-2 and -3 to see how DLC will probably be treated: namely, everything was released except for the licensed DLC (the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed costumes), and the Aerith set from Lightning Returns for god knows what reason. Probably VIIR related. I wouldn't be surprised if the new release did feature Aerith's costume as a means of promoting VIIR.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's probably worth looking at the Steam release of XIII-2 and -3 to see how DLC will probably be treated: namely, everything was released except for the licensed DLC (the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed costumes), and the Aerith set from Lightning Returns for god knows what reason. Probably VIIR related. I wouldn't be surprised if the new release did feature Aerith's costume as a means of promoting VIIR.

It's a guarantee that the licensed DLC will not be available. The last thing Square Enix would want to do is to pay for licensed DLC for a remaster. It's too much financial and corporate hassle. As far as the Final Fantasy I - XI goes, some people genuinely believe that all those games cannot fit in one disc? I'm perplexed by that logic...

shuyin_zer0

Awards
It's a guarantee that the licensed DLC will not be available. The last thing Square Enix would want to do is to pay for licensed DLC for a remaster. It's too much financial and corporate hassle. As far as the Final Fantasy I - XI goes, some people genuinely believe that all those games cannot fit in one disc? I'm perplexed by that logic...

I don't think it's fitting them on one disc, but on one Vita cart? That's fishy lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The problem with licensed content tends to not be paying for it, but rather the fact that they'd need to renew the license at all. It usually isn't financially an issue because you can just include the what may need to be paid in the price of the collection...but dealing with the legalese is time consuming (and then I suppose paying lawyer fees can be expensive) and typically not worth it.

Looking at the collaboration SE had with Ubisoft and Bioware, they were most likely good will collaborations rather than something SE had to pay for but both companies mutually benefitted from the DLC sales.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The problem with licensed content tends to not be paying for it, but rather the fact that they'd need to renew the license at all. It usually isn't financially an issue because you can just include the what may need to be paid in the price of the collection...but dealing with the legalese is time consuming (and then I suppose paying lawyer fees can be expensive) and typically not worth it.

Looking at the collaboration SE had with Ubisoft and Bioware, they were most likely good will collaborations rather than something SE had to pay for but both companies mutually benefitted from the DLC sales.
It's also possible that since these games were developed in the era of DLCs and remasters, such a license would have covered that in perpetuity. Not 100% typical, but possible.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been hoping for 8 and 9 to get the same PS4 treatment as 7, but this is even better. Here's to hoping.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I would hope the PSP version of IV is used. high-res sprites>DS polygons & also so we'll get the Interlude that way. But it's probably just gonna be a straight Steam port.

Agreed. Though I don't think that will happen.

No Dissidia port on ps4, hmm :frown:

Wishful thinking. We know it's possible since the hardware is practically the same.

A I-IX collection would be wonderful. Hopefully IX’s battle system will be sped up, like I was hoping for an official IX re-release. I just hope the price wouldn’t be astronomical, otherwise I couldn’t buy it. Maybe a XII Remaster will also be released next year?

Agreed. However, I don't think they normally tweak original ports....unless I'm mistaken (bcuz 2 lazy 4 research)

I've been hoping for 8 and 9 to get the same PS4 treatment as 7, but this is even better. Here's to hoping.

Do you think they are still popular to warrant remakes?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Do you think they are still popular to warrant remakes?

I believe Max is referring to the 2014 PS4 port of the 2012 PC release of FFVII. It would be a similar process for them to port the new PC versions of FFVIII and IX - though I hope they'd replace the PC soundtrack of VIII with the original like they did FFVII, for goodness' sake.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I believe Max is referring to the 2014 PS4 port of the 2012 PC release of FFVII. It would be a similar process for them to port the new PC versions of FFVIII and IX - though I hope they'd replace the PC soundtrack of VIII with the original like they did FFVII, for goodness' sake.

Yeah this is what I meant, my bad for the confusion. Steam to PS4 ports of 8 and 9 With trophy support and the speed cheat would be awesome.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm still holding out for this. Having a huge collection for Final Fantasy would be pretty handy. There are still a few titles I wish to play. However, I just wonder how it would work with all these remakes. Take 6's remake in particular. A lot of people were far from pleased with the look of the game, and I have to admit, I'm one of them. But there was also further issues, such as the Playstation 1 version, which was incredulously slow between battles, if I remember correctly.

Pandymint

Awards
I'm also still holding out for this. Mostly, I just want the I-IX or even just a I-VI collection. I've never played, I, II, III or V and what better way to have the opportunity? I'd like for them to be available on Vita as well, but Remote Play is a thing.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
A collection would certainly be something, and maybe I'd finally get myself to finish Final Fantasy II, no matter how absolutely much I detest it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm keeping my expations low for the ff 30th anniversay i don't think ff7 remake will be there since nomura wont be there but i could be wrong but i don't expect a release date either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back