• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Rumors of a Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series are greatly exaggerated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to seriously wonder why so many KH fans believed this news. I have to assume that they're either a) gullible or 2) insanely new to the franchise.

We should all know by now that something like this hasn't a hope in the world of happening and if it did wait for an actual substantial source. Plus Seth Kearsley has been relatively open about what he's been trying to do with a potential KH cartoon, and if that doesn't get off the ground I doubt anything else will.

Yeah, this isn’t something anybody should believe from some random clickbait website. If it is really happening, wait for an announcement from Square Enix, Disney Plus, or actual reputable sources like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, or Deadline.

See, I think with Seth Kearsley he means well but I don’t think he’s the best fit for an animated series (but I do think he has the right passion) I think if it is going to get off the ground, it is going to be because of somebody with more sway or notoriety. It would be nice if he was involved...but idk I think Nomura dislikes him after discussing the cancelled series haha

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have to seriously wonder why so many KH fans believed this news. I have to assume that they're either a) gullible or 2) insanely new to the franchise.
The amount of defence and comments of support there are for the fake instagram page that pretends to be Nomura, Yasue, and the rest of the KH devs has me completely unfazed at the notion that KH fans are gullible.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
What in the world? I take a break from Kingdom Hearts activity for just a few days and come back to find a Disney Plus series?! Man, there was a time when KH would have long droughts. But now you can't even turn your back for one minute and everything changes lol. Man I'm late to this party XD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What in the world? I take a break from Kingdom Hearts activity for just a few days and come back to find a Disney Plus series?! Man, there was a time when KH would have long droughts. But now you can't even turn your back for one minute and everything changes lol. Man I'm late to this party XD
As the series has grown in entries, so has the fandom. And since we're getting more and more into the digital age, more organic communities for franchises will appear, meaning we'll be getting more content related to media in several social networks.

Unlike the past, we have more active Facebook Groups, Twitter users, YouTube Channels and Reddit threads.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Idk this still feels like a drought to me. Maybe not as bad at the whole half a year droughts we used to have but it’s definitely a slow state of affairs as we twiddle our thumbs over Dark Road news, Nomura announcing the “sooner rather than later” project, and seeing if that Scholastic book series ever pans out.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As the series has grown in entries, so has the fandom. And since we're getting more and more into the digital age, more organic communities for franchises will appear, meaning we'll be getting more content related to media in several social networks.

Unlike the past, we have more active Facebook Groups, Twitter users, YouTube Channels and Reddit threads.
Technology still blows my mind!

Idk this still feels like a drought to me. Maybe not as bad at the whole half a year droughts we used to have but it’s definitely a slow state of affairs as we twiddle our thumbs over Dark Road news, Nomura announcing the “sooner rather than later” project, and seeing if that Scholastic book series ever pans out.
Yeah, but this still feels more then the last one as you said. Rumors of a possible Disney Plus series is pretty big.I was expecting to go on a small Kingdom Hearts drought myself after all the KH3 novels released but now I better stay tuned lol. Juicy bits like this be slipping in.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I'm just wondering why The Powers That Be at Disney suddenly got real suspicious of multiple IPs sharing the same universe and doing crossovers.

The late 90s early 2000s had a good deal of crossovers. Heracles and the Arabian Nights, the entirety House of Mouse, and even some Disney Chanel shows had Red Skies type of crossovers.

Even as late 2014, Disney's own tv animation branch greenlit a Phineas and Ferb Star Wars special over a quick sketch and a text.

Now, we have the studio who redefined the concept of a shared cinematic universe too scared to do ip crossovers.

Also, the site that shall not be named is so unreliable that it is infamous in the MCU fandom. As in, fans have literally made a spreadsheet calling them out on their nonsense and calculated that they were 89.5% wrong on all confirmed "leaks."

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm just wondering why The Powers That Be at Disney suddenly got real suspicious of multiple IPs sharing the same universe and doing crossovers.

The late 90s early 2000s had a good deal of crossovers. Heracles and the Arabian Nights, the entirety House of Mouse, and even some Disney Chanel shows had Red Skies type of crossovers.

Even as late 2014, Disney's own tv animation branch greenlit a Phineas and Ferb Star Wars special over a quick sketch and a text.

Now, we have the studio who redefined the concept of a shared cinematic universe too scared to do ip crossovers.

Also, the site that shall not be named is so unreliable that it is infamous in the MCU fandom. As in, fans have literally made a spreadsheet calling them out on their nonsense and calculated that they were 89.5% wrong on all confirmed "leaks."
Like a member mentioned previously, it's just the boss of the Disney+ division of Disney.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, a lot of it usually has to do with who is in charge of what decisions in each department (also I think a lot of it has to do with connections). In the case of Disney Plus series, it was specifically that exec in charge of the service Kevin Smith was talking about.

Yeah, it's wild. It's banned on most subreddits from what I've seen. The KH subreddit just banned it as well.

My problem isn't that this rumor exists. It's fine because this kind of stuff generates discussion that can show interest in a project. My problem is when sites like that use it strictly for clickbait regardless if the rumor is substantiated or not and rely on quantity over quality with their reporting. When you throw out so many articles on leaks and rumors, of course you ruin your credibility when it comes to potentially true reports.

Like a KH series could very well be in development, but I'm not going to trust that site to be the one to reveal the news when no trustworthy site has reported on the rumor as well (ignoring Inside the Magic because as of late they've got writers who have been writing a lot more fluff pieces and going down the same path that WGTC walks)

OneDandelion

Awards
I don't want to sit through any kind of KH animated series. We don't need yet another medium for Nomura and Square Enix to throw filler KH content at us with. I will gladly take another movie like back cover because movies are focused story driven projects, but i would bet $1000 that a series would end up being either a comedy spoof of the series like Teen Titans Go or retelling the current story with very small bits of new info.

I don't want to go through Atlantica/Agrabah/Wonderland for the 10^9999 time

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't want to sit through any kind of KH animated series. We don't need yet another medium for Nomura and Square Enix to throw filler KH content at us with. I will gladly take another movie like back cover because movies are focused story driven projects, but i would bet $1000 that a series would end up being either a comedy spoof of the series like Teen Titans Go or retelling the current story with very small bits of new info.

I don't want to go through Atlantica/Agrabah/Wonderland for the 10^9999 time
Then it'll end up being cannon after a year of saying otherwise :eek:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Disney announced earlier that they have a new head of streaming, Rebecca Campbell, due to Kevin Mayer leaving to become the CEO of TikTok. Though it doesn’t seem the executive directly over Disney+ is changing and I’m not sure if it was him or Kevin that vetoed Kingdom Keepers, maybe Rebecca will shake things up so we can start getting projects like that or a KH series off the ground. Disney+ is also launching in Japan soon and I’m hoping they’ll want to create some content that appeals to that market.

Last edited:
Back