• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► [RUMORS] Harry Potter Live-Action TV-series in Early Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Well that's one way to take someone's topic and steer it somewhere else for 4 pages lol.

@Lulcy

When you say Harry Potter live action series, do you mean a remake of the films in TV form or something new based on the universe? I am tired of hearing about Harry himself. I find the universe much more interesting. I'd like them to go way back in time with it, back when people knew of the witches and wizards and tried to burn them. I'd like to go back to when Hogwarts was made. There's so many places you could go with this series.

Lulcy

Awards
There's no mention on what the specific direction of the live action serie will be because is still on early development at the moment (read: barely a concept), what we only know it's that it will be part of the Harry Potter franchise.

v4vendetta

Awards
I'm a trans man and this HBO series is a hard pass for me. No fandom is worth harming other trans people imho. Her actively using her platform to hurt people like me makes the thought of another HP franchise nauseating.

NGL, when the HP fandom collapsed due to Rowling's bigotry, Kingdom Hearts actually filled the void inside me that just wanted a fun magical story interwoven with emotional life lessons and clear darkness and light.
I still have a bunch of Slytherin stuff strewn about the house, journals and mugs and such...but now they just depress me because they remind me of the dehumanization associated with that property. I'll probably toss them eventually and replace them with something sweet and nostalgic like KH.

As far as movies go everything past Prisoner of Azkaban was a flop for me anyways so I won't be bothering with some new TV Show either.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I always identified with Ravenclaw the most, personally. Even though I know the colors of the house are supposed to be blue and bronze, I've always liked the blue and silver in the films... I have several gloves and scarves with those colors.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Awards
Did...did you guys seriously not notice the link at the bottom of my last post?
This is a game being created by a team of many different people with many different opinions, not a single person. If he were funding some genocide project, it would be a different matter, but having some political opinions I might not like doesn't warrant me not getting a game. Absolutely everyone is political. Everyone is on social media now. Dive deep enough into someone's life and there's gonna be something you won't agree with. You cannot protest everything. I don't generally like feminists either. The loudest tend to be very anti-men. I do agree with advancing women's rights to equality, obviously, but there's a hell of a lot of anti-male feminists who are highly counterproductive haters. They get a bit too crazy.

I don't care about people's private lives or opinions; I care about their products. It's the same thing with actors. If I like them on the stage, I don't care about their lives off of the stage. I've been waiting for an open world, immersive Harry Potter game for decades now and it's finally coming. Definitely getting it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wasn't quite sure whether to look forward to the RPG or not. Mostly because I'm wondering what story is actually going to be told (of course it would be an original one with new characters--maybe the Founders will be involved?) or if it's just going to be like an online game where all you do is wander around an open world with no plot driving anything. Don't get me wrong, going from class to class, mission to mission, would be fun in its own way, but only as a secondary aspect to some kind of plot. I'm not really interested in direction-less games.

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards

🤨
Well, the article didn't say anything about her being ok with this. I think what happened was the game developers saw the way J.K. Rowling was acting and added that in. She probably then got mad and tried to stop it but the game developers probably said something similar to Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks, "You can only control the writing".

D

Deleted member 246005

"Destiny Unfulfilled" by Jim Adan is a good critique of Harry Potter. It's worth a read especially if you want to be a writer yourself.

It's a 157 pages long. Some of it could apply to other franchises.

Even KH ;).

I'm still fond of swapping Harry's house at Hogwarts if they readapt the books.

It's unnecessary but a cool hook. It's inspired by Doctor Who. Each kid who gets to be Harry gets to make the role their own.

The first 4 books wouldn't change that much in terms of plot. Books 5-7 would be more looser in terms of plot. The big notes would still happen but there's a lot more smaller changes to how it plays out. Which is better suited to a tv format.

Ironically I think who his friends are would change the most while his enemies would stay the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaltK

Awards

I hate these people just as much as I hate Joanne tbh.

Like, you do realise you’re just validating her beliefs by doing shit like this?

Back