• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► [RUMORS] Harry Potter Live-Action TV-series in Early Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
He wasn't trans. Did you read the book?
I'm aware. However he's a bogeyman transphobic people like to create to argue against allowing transwomen in women spaces. Because they could be a predator trying to get to them. He is what a lot of trans women are viewed as and treated like. That's from what I see, what a lot of people are taking issue with.
It doesn't matter, if in the novel he's a unstable man getting sexual pleasure out of perving on women and lulling women into a false sense of security before killing them or whatever.

And it's nothing new. It's a bit of a tired trope. Hitchcock already did the man in a dress killing women bit.

And no I haven't read it, so I can't really judge it further than it's premise. Therefore I don't know, if it somehow redeems it's questionable premise. But from the premise I can see it perpetuating a harmful idea of what trans women could "really be".

Though as you alluded to I haven't read the book, so there might be something that renders the summaries I've heard of it completely misleading. But her words and the premise of the book are still things that have hurt people.

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I'm aware. However he's a buggyman transphobic people like to create to argue against the allowing transwomen in women spaces. Because they could be a predator trying to get to them. He is what a lot of trans women are viewed as and treated like. That's from what I see, what a lot of people are taking issue with.
It doesn't matter, if in the novel he's a unstable man getting sexual pleasure out of perving on women and lulling women into a false sense of security before killing them or whatever.

And it's nothing new. It's a bit of a tired trope. Hitchcock already did the man in a dress killing women bit.

And no I haven't read it, so I can't really judge it further than it's premise. Therefore I don't know, if it somehow redeems it's questionable premise. But from the premise I can see it perpetuating a harmful idea of what trans women could "really be".

Though as you alluded to I haven't read the book, so there might be something that renders the summaries I've heard of it completely misleading. But her words and the premise of the book are still things that have hurt people.

It is clearly provocative and evidently cuts close to the real world furore. But the bogeyman is clearly, unquestionably a representation of men. Not trans women. Not cross dressing men. Not intersex people. Men.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It is clearly provocative and evidently cuts close to the real world furore. But the bogeyman is clearly, unquestionably a representation of men. Not trans women. Not cross dressing men. Not intersex people. Men.
It's clearly not how everyone would read it though.

Soldier

Awards
WHAT DID JK ROWLING DO!?
A number of things Fears, A number of things. She supported Johnny Depp even after allegations of his abuse to his wife Amber Heard as he was one of the stars in Fantastic Beasts, rewriting things in established canon to be more "progressive" when all it really devolved into is shoehorned aspects about character relationships that weren't there for the sake of making the book appeal more in this progressive era. That and a lot of other stuff I'm not too knowledgable about to list here.

I am by no means a HP fan, but I do my homework on these things. Point is, Rowling's a WASP that has too much clout in the literary world. I often compare her to a whale shark in a enclosed bay. Of all the creatures in the bay, which do you think takes up the most space?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think I remember the first thing that soured people before the Dumbledore thing was the Lupin AIDS allegory. Like my dude, can we not.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sharing the Contrapoints video again just to emphasize that it explains everything wrong with JK Rowling and why she is a TERF.

I think I remember the first thing that soured people before the Dumbledore thing was the Lupin AIDS allegory. Like my dude, can we not.

Oh my god I remember that. I tried not to think much about it back then and then when I got older I was just like "What the ever loving fuck?" because that allegory requires having to frame Greyback as a gay pedophile-rapist.

Then adding it on top of Dumbledore being gay and in love with Grindelwald, a fascist who sides with Hitler...then doesn't even make it textual within the films.

Then actually!!! Grindelwald wants to stop humans from making the atomic bomb see he has good reasons why he is actually a Nazi-supporting fascist. He wants to stop the great world war. :rolleyes:

But we shall never forget the bankers who are goblins with long noses...gotta add a little anti-Semitism into the plot.

Adding her TERF views on top of everything is like icing on the cake she's been laying with shit over the years. You realize you can look back at every single thing off-putting thing she's done and realize they were all signs and not just individual situations.

Soldier

Awards
I'm sharing the Contrapoints video again just to emphasize that it explains everything wrong with JK Rowling and why she is a TERF.

Oh my god I remember that. I tried not to think much about it back then and then when I got older I was just like "What the ever loving fuck?" because that allegory requires having to frame Greyback as a gay pedophile-rapist.

Then adding it on top of Dumbledore being gay and in love with Grindelwald, a fascist who sides with Hitler...then doesn't even make it textual within the films.

Then actually!!! Grindelwald wants to stop humans from making the atomic bomb see he has good reasons why he is actually a Nazi-supporting fascist. He wants to stop the great world war. :rolleyes:

But we shall never forget the bankers who are goblins with long noses...gotta add a little anti-Semitism into the plot.

Adding her TERF views on top of everything is like icing on the cake she's been laying with shit over the years. You realize you can look back at every single thing off-putting thing she's done and realize they were all signs and not just individual situations.
Still speaking the truth I see eh Spockanort? good for you!

And I legitimately didn't put two and two together with the goblin things. Jesu cripso that's so insensitive of Rowling.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Rowling’s crime fiction pen name is literally the guy who invented gay conversion therapy by the way.

Oh, come on..

First she's a transphobe. Fine, that's arguable.

But then a trans denier, too.

Then a homophobe who thinks gay men are nazi sympathisers.

Now she's a homosexuality denier on top of all that.

By the time this thread reaches page three JK Rowling will literally be Satan.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
She just makes it so easy. It’s obvious she wants the confrontation and spread of her ill rhetoric, that why she keeps going.
Also she allowed the Cursed Child to exits.

I was gonna respond to the first part with a thoughtful effortpost but that last sentence is a checkmate. I'm beat, you win this round.

I wish she allowed to to "exits". But even worse, she allowed it to exist.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I thought JK Rowling was hailed as a bastion of inclusivity? When did all this hate and cancellation happen?

The only bad thing that I remember/known that JK Rowling ever did was have Harry and Ginny get together over Harry/Hermione or Harry/Luna.

WaltK

Awards
If she was ever regarded as a “bastion of inclusivity”, then the people who bestowed the title upon her have long since seen her “inclusivity” for what it is; half-assed and almost entirely retroactive to score social brownie points.

This video, from one of my favourite youtubers, sums it up pretty well

And that was before she went full TERF.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I thought JK Rowling was hailed as a bastion of inclusivity? When did all this hate and cancellation happen?

The only bad thing that I remember/known that JK Rowling ever did was have Harry and Ginny get together over Harry/Hermione or Harry/Luna.

She never was?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
"Attempted cancellation" is a better way to describe it. She Who Shall Not Be Cancelled still made 60 million last year, lol.

Back