• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: Winnie the Pooh & Tigger to be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This weekend in New Mexico is the Albuquerque Comic Con where a variety of industry guests are in attendance to discuss their work in comics, movies, television, animation, and more with fans. Forum user MATGSY happened upon the chance to talk to Jim Cummings, voice actor of Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Pete, during his autograph session on Friday who apparently had a few interesting things to say about Kingdom Hearts 3.

When asked about the chance of Darkwing Duck appearing in Kingdom Hearts 3, Cummings had very little to say about it, but did say that Winnie the Pooh and Tigger would be in the upcoming game. Does this mean fans should be expecting a new 100 Acre Wood world to appear in Kingdom Hearts 3

Update (1/9/2016): At Albuquerque Comic Con 2016 in New Mexico, Jim Cummings held a Q&A panel where he answered fans questions about his voice work, and forum user MATSGY had another chance to ask him about his work for the Kingdom Hearts series. 

While he discussed his general recording work, Cummings discussed that they have to "paraphrase the original Japanese script" which can create challenges for them to record the dialogue, but voicing Tigger in this manner is "fun".

Although unbidden, Cummings also added that his part of recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 is already completed.

Please keep in mind that nothing about these characters nor a potential Winnie the Pooh world has been confirmed by Square Enix or Disney at this time, so please take this information with a grain of salt. 

UPDATE: StephanieWorld has uploaded a video of the panel, which contains MATSGY asking his question to Jim Cummings at the 5:15 mark. The Kingdom Hearts III remark comes at 6:35. Thanks to Jgray123487 for linking the video to us!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(btw I hate reporting this kind of stuff and I didn't want to but somebody decided to post it on another forum and thus forced my hand before I could actually talk to MATGSY since he went to bed)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I`m all for 100 Acre Woods return. Bring on the Heffalump

Though I wonder if Square or Disney will come out and say anything about this now that this rumor has leaked online

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Pooh confirmed for X

4Yjh3um.png

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My word is a rumor: that's a new experience.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This isn't even a surprise for me. Lets be honest, Winnie The Pooh has always been in the main series games, plus, Kingdom Hearts has yet to represent Winnie The Pooh 2011. I think Jim Cummings leaking this news isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

Muke

whatever
Awards
This isn't even a surprise for me. Lets be honest, Winnie The Pooh has always been in the main series games, plus, Kingdom Hearts has yet to represent Winnie The Pooh 2011. I think Jim Cummings leaking this news isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.
It is, imo. Since now we have a (more or less) confirmation of a new World. Sooo.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Lol... I called it. XD Literraly posted a thread a few days back about Pooh's book returning and being plot relevant.

Still a rumor, but I'm intrigued.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If the world is not there I know one guy who'll be disappointed, this guy!
Especially now with the hole book of prophecy thing going on but I always loved that world either way.
After this trilogy is done I'm fine if they take the world away for good (or till KH VI) but I want to see it at least one more time.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Eh..never hated nor liked the world.I mean the mini-games were sorta fun and a nice distraction from fighting.

I'm just not creative enough to know how to improve winnie.I guess if they just added more exploration then it would be a lot more enjoyable to me.

Maybe Christopher robins could make an appearance too :O..but seems sora just took his place.

lychee

the 100 acre wood world was always one of my favorites, it offered a nice change from the main plot and i thought the mini-challenges were fun! I can definitely see Winnie and his gang in the upcoming game. I'd be rather bummed if i didn't.

Venx

I really want another 100 arc wood in KH3. It's just a part of the main Kingdom Hearts series for me, that I would miss.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It is, imo. Since now we have a (more or less) confirmation of a new World. Sooo.

Technically, it's a returning world albeit in a Kingdom Hearts 3 Kingdom Shader makeover: regardless, it was bound to return.

Narxus

There are a number of things that were in both 1 and 2 that I would love to have in 3 as some sort of numbered game tradition. Gathering the pages for Pooh's storybook is one of them, so I'm more than ok with this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are a number of things that were in both 1 and 2 that I would love to have in 3 as some sort of numbered game tradition. Gathering the pages for Pooh's storybook is one of them, so I'm more than ok with this.
As long as they don't make it like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag where you had to free run all over the place to try and catch a sea shanty page.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
You and I both know who knows more about this and everything else KH3-related...

82a4904dc6bc7a1d586ca42e1648fb7e.png

In all seriousness: I'd say it's very likely that we see Winnie The Pooh back in Kingdom Hearts 3. The Tome of Prophecy is supposed to be a big plotpoint, Maleficent is probably still after Jiminy's Journal etc. A lot of books. Winnie's Book could play into this.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I hope this is true, collecting those pages is just part of KH and I'll definitely be disappointed if we don't get it in KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't doubt it will be in KH or that Jim is telling the truth (thanks to Matgsy for telling me it was during a autograph session) but I worry that sometimes Disney isn't very clear on what projects they are working on when it comes to their contracted Disney cast…but only because of what happened with Bill (who is still very adamant about what he said last year and I don't doubt he has done work on a Kingdom Hearts game but who knows what it really was for besides Disney and SE themselves).

It is just a doubt of mine, but I don't doubt Jim's honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back