• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Screenshots of Monsters Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially leaked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_

Awards
In regards to anything; I never got a reply back.

But I would stop leaking information. Square Enix and Pixar know and I doubt they’re okay with someone having stolen their data and sharing it online.
I know! I am getting such a weird feeling from all this and I wish it would just stop, real or not. Like this has taken a weird turn, beyond the game.

RuseTheRapper

Website
www.instagram.com
(POTENTIAL SPOILER IN TEXT)

Oh, please. It's silly not to expect leaks and I think they show genuine investment in the game from the fanbase. Anyways, did you guys know that you can still visit the files nintendo claims to have gotten the pictures from? There's some interesting stuff in there. I'll post photos and update when i get a chance, but I'm almost certain we're getting a Winnie The Pooh world yet again. While Monster's Inc is "mi" for short in the filenames and Toy Story is "ts", there's an unidentified "ra", which contains files for a bonfire, coastline, flower hills, swamp, etc. Hmmmmm... Winnie the Pooh seems to be labeled "po", with files for rabbits house, a bee nest, and honeypot. Will update if/when i find more.

EDIT: Just found a bunch of files labeled "Wetland Tarzan Tree" under the "ra" files?????

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I know! I am getting such a weird feeling from all this and I wish it would just stop, real or not. Like this has taken a weird turn, beyond the game.
Me too. I feel so bad for Pixar and Square Enix right now. Whether it's an elaborate fake or the real deal, it has gone way too far and needs to stop.

Man, a part of me wants these leaks to be fake now.

Aramagon

Awards
Oh, please. It's silly not to expect leaks and I think they show genuine investment in the game from the fanbase. Anyways, did you guys know that you can still visit the files nintendo claims to have gotten the pictures from? There's some interesting stuff in there. I'll post photos and update when i get a chance, but I'm almost certain we're getting a Winnie The Pooh world yet again. While Monster's Inc is "mi" for short in the filenames and Toy Story is "ts", there's an unidentified "ra", which contains files for a bonfire, coastline, etc. Hmmmmm... Winnie the Pooh seems to be labeled "po", with files for rabbits house, a bee nest, and honeypot. Will update if/when i find more.
Isn't "ra" short for "rapunzel"? Otherwise I have no idea.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We're running into some ethical issues here so I've gone through both threads and deleted all the links before we get very angry emails from SEJP who, need I remind you, actually visit KHI. Let's all take a step back and stop freaking out or beg for more leaks.

Watch what you post.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I'm not gonna lie as much as I love Monster's Inc and with the dry spell we have had since July, this was super exciting for me real or not. But it would have been great to see it in a trailer, tbh this is the first world I didn't basically predict since Big Hero 6 2 years ago lol. Tangled and Toy Story were obvious, and great, choices to me. And I feel plenty of others will fall into that category for me as well.

That being said, I wouldn't want stuff to keep getting leaked for multiple reasons. Both respect and just it takes all the surprise away that they are planning.

RuseTheRapper

Website
www.instagram.com
We're running into some ethical issues here so I've gone through both threads and deleted all the links before we get very angry emails from SEJP who, need I remind you, actually visit KHI. Let's all take a step back and stop freaking out or beg for more leaks.

Watch what you post.

Lame. Of course people are going to talk about the leaks on the KH forums and if they don't do it here, they'll do it somewhere else. You aren't legally affiliated with Square Enix or Pixar are you?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lame. Of course people are going to talk about the leaks on the KH forums and if they don't do it here, they'll do it somewhere else. You aren't legally affiliated with Square Enix or Pixar are you?
We sort of are, yes.

If you want to bring up other leaks that are not Monsters Inc, maybe use spoiler tags out of respect for those who don’t want to know any more?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I respect the decision to pull back from this in some respects but I agree with Ruse in that there really is no ethical issue at hand.

Unless the KHI staff actually stole the images, as a news site dedicated to KH content, there's absolutely nothing wrong with referencing events that are actually happening surrounding the series. Leaks happen all the time: some studios even coordinate them "unofficially." They're basically free marketing.

EDIT:
If you want to bring up other leaks that are not Monsters Inc, maybe use spoiler tags out of respect for those who don’t want to know any more?
This is perfectly reasonable.
I was actually wondering why the KHI home page wasn't putting up spoiler protections for all this stuff from the beginning.
Even an unconfirmed rumor might always turn out to be true.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s been a loooong time since KHI had to deal with spoiler culture. How the staff deals with spoilers moving forward is a discussion that is currently happening.

Greenice

Hi guys, I created this account to let you know that I checked the source (like someone else did) that Nintendo gave us and I can confirm that there are many files and tha

RuseTheRapper

Website
www.instagram.com
I actually do agree on spoiler tags. If someone is trying to protect themselves from more information, thats totally fine and they should be able to do so. But there really is no ethical issue here. It's a bummer that this is the best place to discuss this stuff and the conversation seems to be getting shut down.

Edit: Just added spoiler tags to my other post.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hi guys, I created this account to let you know that I checked the source (like someone else did) that Nintendo gave us and I can confirm that there are many files and tha
disney had him taken out before he could leak, we won’t forget your sacrifice greenice.

notnow123487

Awards
Wait so you’re telling me two tb of game data was just available for public access. That’s such a massive security blunder.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's a bummer that this is the best place to discuss this stuff and the conversation seems to be getting shut down.
Is it being shut down? A lot of posters here seemed to be uncomfortable with the recent developments so there may just be some hesitance to jump back in until things get clarified. I think if the mods want the conversation to end, we'll know 'cause the thread will get locked. Plus Chaser seemed to give the OK on "future leaks" as long as it's all spoiler-tagged.

Might be worth keeping in mind the conversation still seems to be on-going at the mod level. Just be patient.

disney had him taken out before he could leak, we won’t forget your sacrifice greenice.
That was my exact thought when I read that post but I was waiting for someone else to make the joke so I could laugh at it.
Thanks.

Awards
So I've been gone for a while so I couldn't talk about this on here, but what I'm hearing is that two tb of data on the game was leaked including Monsters Inc, and the source of these files is accessible?

notnow123487

Awards
So I've been gone for a while so I couldn't talk about this on here, but what I'm hearing is that two tb of data on the game was leaked including Monsters Inc, and the source of these files is accessible?

Basically only a couple people got to look at them. Most of them were raw asset files that were their own file types that no one would be able to open. The guy downloaded all of the image files that he could before it was shut down and these are all of them. Basically.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A database with file names were available and spoiled some advancements in Kingdom Hearts 3. For those who are desperate, greedy spoiler lovers (like me), I’ll make a list of what was in there:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Between this leak and February fast approaching, I’ll speak to Taochan about opening up the KH3 spoiler section but I believe that will mean the 25 character rule on the Activity Page and the lack of the new post side bar on mobile will remain in effect.

Edit: I’ll try and address this “conversation shut down” thing that some members feel is in effect. Basically we feel it’s a bit unethical to be sharing this data, no matter where it comes from. The initial Monsters Inc leak was unique and impressive and generated a lot of discussion and speculation, whereas this information dump just borders on “oh boy, Square is REALLY going to be pissed now”. It’s fine to discuss the stuff and whatnot, but caution needs to be in effect. Spoiler tags help, and Sign shutting down the links to find this information is a step towards helping Square from people potentially accessing other data.

We have a good reputation with Square Enix, we benefit from them and they benefit from us. We have people from the development team in Japan and the PR team in America that visit our website, Tai Yasue is very familiar with our work, and we speak to the representatives from Square Enix a lot. We’ve informed Pixar reps about the initial leak so it’s up to them if legal action will be required (in the form of cease and desist on the images or whatnot).

The information is now considered semi-public, especially since I just listed a TL;DR of the information in there, so discussion will of course happen. But PLEASE just be mindful of those who want to remain in the dark on certain things.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
EDIT: Just found a bunch of files labeled "Wetland Tarzan Tree" under the "ra" files?????
giphy.gif

It literally can't be.

(Added spoiler tag to original post because this thread is officially 2 tb of wtf is going on.)

Awards
A database with file names were available and spoiled some advancements in Kingdom Hearts 3. For those who are desperate, greedy spoiler lovers (like me), I’ll make a list of what was in there:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Between this leak and February fast approaching, I’ll speak to Taochan about opening up the KH3 spoiler section but I believe that will mean the 25 character rule on the Activity Page and the lack of the new post side bar on mobile will remain in effect.

Edit: I’ll try and address this “conversation shut down” thing that some members feel is in effect. Basically we feel it’s a bit unethical to be sharing this data, no matter where it comes from. The initial Monsters Inc leak was unique and impressive and generated a lot of discussion and speculation, whereas this information dump just borders on “oh boy, Square is REALLY going to be pissed now”. It’s fine to discuss the stuff and whatnot, but caution needs to be in effect. Spoiler tags help, and Sign shutting down the links to find this information is a step towards helping Square from people potentially accessing other data.

We have a good reputation with Square Enix, we benefit from them and they benefit from us. We have people from the development team in Japan and the PR team in America that visit our website, Tai Yasue is very familiar with our work, and we speak to the representatives from Square Enix a lot. We’ve informed Pixar reps about the initial leak so it’s up to them if legal action will be required (in the form of cease and desist on the images or whatnot).

The information is now considered semi-public, especially since I just listed a TL;DR of the information in there, so discussion will of course happen. But PLEASE just be mindful of those who want to remain in the dark on certain things.
Alright, thanks for bringing me up to speed. Yeesh, who had the hacking smarts to get all this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back