• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Screenshots of Monsters Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially leaked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Speaking of gimmicks, I believe Nomura said something along the lines that each world would have some form of unique gimmick? The Gigas in Galaxy Toys are that worlds gimmick but we don’t know what the gimmicks are in Olympus, San Fransokyo, or The Kingdom of Corona. However we could still find fun in theorising what kind of gimmick could be given in Monstropolus. Will there be a scare factor we could try to maintain which could increase our damage output?

I don't really want a straight up power bonus. Instead I would hope for something interactive at least like the robots. Something to do with scare tanks or doors, could be interesting. I guess...maybe killing Unversed fills the tanks but yea you unleash it to do...something other than just a simple power up ha. I dunno really.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't really want a straight up power bonus. Instead I would hope for something interactive at least like the robots. Something to do with scare tanks or doors, could be interesting. I guess...maybe killing Unversed fills the tanks but yea you unleash it to do...something other than just a simple power up ha. I dunno really.
Can't remember if someone mentioned before, but this gives me the theory that Vanitas sent the Unversed to feed off the scare tanks in order to restore himself.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Can't remember if someone mentioned before, but this gives me the theory that Vanitas sent the Unversed to feed off the scare tanks in order to restore himself.

that's actually the best theory that makes sense. and i'll be surprised if they did Monster Inc's story in KH3 something to that effect, providing that its officially confirmed that is.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
that's actually the best theory that makes sense. and i'll be surprised if they did Monster Inc's story in KH3 something to that effect, providing that its officially confirmed that is.

Vanitas is not really MADE of emotions, though, he's just Darkness. He controls negative emotions, but they're sorta unlimited (or better, they're not unlimited but as soon as an Unversed gets defeated he instantly gets the raw energy back)

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Vanitas is not really MADE of emotions, though, he's just Darkness. He controls negative emotions, but they're sorta unlimited (or better, they're not unlimited but as soon as an Unversed gets defeated he instantly gets the raw energy back)
Yeah, pretty much. When they "die" they just go back to him.

The Unversed are also the negative emotions he feels, so he shouldn't be able to "feed off" the fear from the kids. He'd have to feel the emotion himself.

The only case I can think of where this wasn't true were the Unversed from Castle of Dreams -- (ie, Cursed Coach, Symphony Master). The journal says they were born from Lady Tremaine's and her daughters's jealousy of Cinderella, but I wonder if was an actual inconsistency or if it was meant to be Vanitas feeling empathy for them (his feelings of jealousy towards Ventus?)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The only case I can think of where this wasn't true were the Unversed from Castle of Dreams -- (ie, Cursed Coach, Symphony Master). The journal says they were born from Lady Tremaine's and her daughters's jealousy of Cinderella, but I wonder if was an actual inconsistency or if it was meant to be Vanitas feeling empathy for them (his feelings of jealousy towards Ventus?)

The spirit of the Magic Mirror was turned into an unverse by Grimhilde. Heck if I know how that works.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

The spirit of the Magic Mirror was turned into an unverse by Grimhilde. Heck if I know how that works.

Some say these are snippets of an abandoned subplot and are now "non-canon" or something and that's fine, wouldn't be the first time.

My own take for it to fit the canon would be that Vanitas can also influence other people's negative emotions ands turn them into Unversed if he's close enough.
Meaning that he still indirectly created the Unversed, but they "belong" to the owners of the emotions: Tremaine and the Queen.

'Course, for this to work we need to get the jap version where the Queen turns the Mirror by sheer force of red aura and not by 4kids editing green potion.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Some say these are snippets of an abandoned subplot and are now "non-canon" or something and that's fine, wouldn't be the first time.

My own take for it to fit the canon would be that Vanitas can also influence other people's negative emotions ands turn them into Unversed if he's close enough.
Meaning that he still indirectly created the Unversed, but they "belong" to the owners of the emotions: Tremaine and the Queen.

'Course, for this to work we need to get the jap version where the Queen turns the Mirror by sheer force of red aura and not by 4kids editing green potion.

Yea I dunno, it just always reminded me of how Heartless are born in the Realm of Darkness or made by the machine in Hollow Bastion. But then plenty of them still seemed to be born of the darkness in others hearts, like Clayton. I just figured it was similar, and I'm assuming it was at least written in a similar way. Even though yeah, Vanitas claiming they all came from him later messes with that a bit, but I never thought it had necessarily be mutually exclusive.

The potion thing though lol....

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Neither I nor Cyborg009 claimed Vanitas is made of emotions. Screams are a power source in Monstropolis, and in KH's universe that pretty much guarantees the children's fears are of dark energy. If the Unversed feed on this, then when they're defeated the extra darkness that was gained would theoretically go to Vanitas.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yea I dunno, it just always reminded me of how Heartless are born in the Realm of Darkness or made by the machine in Hollow Bastion. But then plenty of them still seemed to be born of the darkness in others hearts, like Clayton. I just figured it was similar, and I'm assuming it was at least written in a similar way. Even though yeah, Vanitas claiming they all came from him later messes with that a bit, but I never thought it had necessarily be mutually exclusive.

It's also entirely possible Vanitas himself wasn't aware that he could instigate Unversed in other people, hence why he claims that they only comes from him. After all the Unversed were opponents meant primarily for Ventus, and the "abnormal" ones are Terra and Aqua's bosses.
Unless the emotions somehow returned to him and not to their proprietors, there really was no way for him to be aware about other Unversed existing and/or being destroyed.

Neither I nor Cyborg009 claimed Vanitas is made of emotions. Screams are a power source in Monstropolis, and in KH's universe that pretty much guarantees the children's fears are of dark energy. If the Unversed feed on this, then when they're defeated the extra darkness that was gained would theoretically go to Vanitas.

But emotions aren't Darkness. Emotions can generate darkness, but the Unversed are emotions and they are introduced as something different from Darkness entirely, meaning there is some difference.
Also they don't really seem to feed in any real way nor do they generate darkness: the issue with them was mostly "hey there are gremlins around and Yen Sid says they're odd, better check the Princesses for good measure".
If anything they feed on light based on this.

I'm even doubtful children's fear would be considered dark energy in the KH universe: "fear" can exist without leading to darkness (like when Jack is trying to make a heart and fear is basically just a component), and children are the purest of forces that rebuilt the lost world with light.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think he'd necessarily want to feed off even more bad energy than he already has. It's questionable what his real goal was in BBS (since only the not-so-canon novels give some general ideas of what could be), but I somewhat doubt that even more negativity and pain would be what he's aiming for - especially since it already seems to be quite eternal in terms of the unversed.

As for the Cursed Coach, that always bothered me. Vanitas explicitely says that the unversed have taken shape from the negative energy set free when he and Ventus were split, and that they are, what he feels. A horde of fledgling emotions under his control.
I highly doubt that we'll get to see other characters or instances where they suddenly pop out of nothing in a similar way, unless something similar like the heart-split happens again.

The only thing I could imagine (which would also explain the mirror) would be that the unversed born from Vanitas are under his control, but as soon as that negative energy is set free, it can basically be used by anyone with an ill will if done so before it has the time to return to him. All things considered, that's still pretty dumb (as it still goes against the concept of them being "under his control"), but I feel like that would still make more sense than him creating unversed from other people - after all, he doesn't really create them. He just sets them free from himself.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think he'd necessarily want to feed off even more bad energy than he already has.

I'd say it's questionable he could even do that.
By all means, it's not impossible, but I'd always be cautious about giving characters more abilities and traits that they're known for.

but I feel like that would still make more sense than him creating unversed from other people - after all, he doesn't really create them. He just sets them free from himself.

That's what I meant too by "instigate", if the non-Vanitas Unversed are still canon I still don't think it's something he does willingly, to me it's more like his own existence upsets the balance of the emotions or something.

I mean, this is kinda how standard Unversed are born: it's not that he sought to create them, the negativity created this anormality for him to use. It's literally him feeling something and that something taking concrete form.

which is something that I always thought was rad despite all criticism you can make to BbS and me not being fond of Unversed in the first place.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I can't believe someone would go so far just to troll, or that they would have the time to put this much effort into faking leaks. This has to be real. I don't think anyone would create so many environments and all, not to mention there's also Boo now

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hmm, the more I look at those, the more I like Sora's design. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it actually looks quite adorable. I'm down for this.

ImVentus

Awards
That looks really detailed and there's even Boo:eek: Come on, why would someone go so far to fake this? It simply seems to be in early states of work but there's so many locations.

nintendo

Fake I did this and the person that posted the images at least kept his word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back