• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Screenshots of Monsters Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially leaked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I had no idea that Banjo Kazooie characters were appearing in this game!

TrophyThomas.jpg

DefiantHeart

Awards
I want to say fake, but if it is then dang these are the best fake screenshots I've ever seen! And I give the screenshots bonus points for having Unversed since I think Vanitas fits well here.

But whether it's real or fake, Monsters Inc. has always been my second want when it comes to Pixar movies. Doors to everywhere in a society powered by children's fear (negative/darkness) eventually finding out that children's laughter (positive/light) is actually a million times more powerful fits hella well with KH's story.

Yeah, I always liked that concept too, about Monster's Inc, and felt it would fit in perfectly with Kingdom Hearts.

One thing I will say though, given the Unversed in this shot, is I do hope that all 4 enemy types appear in KH3. It'd be really cool to have a fight against every enemy type simultaneously (although, maybe not Nightmares since I don't believe they can exist in the same realm as the other 3, right?)

Well, we could always go back to the Sleeping Realms again for whatever reason, so I wouldn't count that out entirely.

Honestly, first time I saw this on twitter, I thought immediately fake due to poor quality... but as people mentioned, it could just be a test run. We'll find out eventually when the next trailer is released most likely.

Antar

Awards
Those screenshots look reeeaaally convincing. Not a fan of Monster's Inc, but still pretty cool if it's real. If not, someone put in a good amount of work.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Idk about this but I'd be 100% up for Monsters Inc, it's one of those few films I have childhood nostalgia for. Loved that PS1 (I think?) game too. Sora's design looks awful and obviously this is nowhere near the Toy Story world quality but an early development version? Eh. Maybe.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I just want to point out that it's not inconceivable that someone created this on Unreal Engine themselves and did editing on Photoshop. It's very good for a fan design, but too unpolished to be legitimate unless this is early stages. Plus, I don't want to believe that Sora's monster design would remove his pants but keep his shirt/jacket intact.

ImVentus

Awards
It looks like it could be either fan made (fake) or very early in creation. At first I thought they were using the Mike & Sulley models from the Disney Magic Kingdoms app. But then I saw that the models are very different so that was no longer possible. If fake then this was still very convincing and probably a lot of work and manipulation was put into it.

If Monsters Inc would be a world then I would be very happy to see it in the game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This definitely feels real to me. People who've used Unreal Engine 4 have commented on the believably of the debug menu. And when you think about it from a narrative perspective, it makes sense for Unversed to be here. Monsters Inc. as a business is to collect scares, scares can be interpreted as negative emotions. This is a very Nomura approach with this world.

Yeah, some of the assets are mis-matched, but you have to remember, different aspects of an asset is worked at in different times. We don't know how early of a build this is. And speaking of the assets, the character icons are far too believable for it to be fake. This may have been taken at the early stages, but who has the ability to replicate all these assets so believably?

kingsoraful

Awards
It makes sense that there would be a 2nd Pixar film in the game as one of the 5-6 remaining Disney worlds, I was just personally hoping for The Incredibles. But that'd be similar to Big Hero 6 I suppose.

Alja

The level of detail in this world just isn't up to par with the other worlds shown...

Sulley's fur and fuzzy arms look so bad. Also, I'm not buying the purple hair and tigger pants Sora...
Yeah, that's what irks me the most, everything is so high definition, but Sulley's fur is suddenly so blurry.
And while I wouldn't be opposed to this world in particular, I do wonder whether they'd add two Pixar worlds at once.

horto12485

Awards
So if this is real it leaves us with 5-6 remaining Disney worlds in the game.

Yeah so far we've got Mostly CGI Disney Movies and we don't know if Monsters Inc being In KH3 is real or not but we'll find out soon but we need to see Disney Worlds that we haven't seen in KH3(You know like Frozen, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It-Ralph and or either Atlantis or Pocahontas)

disney233

Awards
I mean I myself believe that it's real. I mean of course it looks rough and it looks like a convincing photoshop, but it's not like we even know if it was ready to be revealed in the first place.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I don't particular mind Monsters inc if this ends up being real... but man, there's a severe lack of 2D films to balance out all the CG films.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Can't help but feel that if this was fake, whoever made it would probably have a heartless boss. The fact that it's a unversed of all things is kind of odd.

disney233

Awards
I don't particular mind Monsters inc if this ends up being real... but man..there's a sever lack of 2D films to balance out all the CG films.

There's always those olden Disney films that was never used once, like Robin Hood or the Great Mouse Detective, hell we can hope the Jungle Book finally gets in here. We also have some 2000 films that can work well with the new graphics like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, The Princess and the Frog. And some sequels left over for any returning worlds like Agrabah and the King of Thieves, or Simba's Pride. There still are some possibilities.

BluePikmin11

Awards
I called a 2nd Pixar world, if true. Always thought Monsters Inc. would be the next priority after Toy Story.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Monsters Inc has been a world I’ve been dreaming of for like 8 years now so I really hope this is real.

It could be a from an earlier build of the game, might have been shared internally on the FTP server so another department could see some information about triangles, frame rate and whatever else. It also makes sense for the HUD to not have monster icons, considering it says ‘temporary’ and the UI is worked on late in dev (remember the placeholder HUD’s from a few years back?)

The unversed work perfectly with the themes of that world too. Unversed come from negativity or whatever and monsters scaring children to generate fright can also be construed as negativity. I do hope we get Heartless and Nobodies in the world too, those would provide some good fright (please please please, like TNBC where the Doctor tried to use Heartless for Halloween, have the spider boss guy use heartless to scare kids).

Also Steve Buscemi needs to voice Randall.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The more I stare at it, the more I start to doubt that it's fake.

But, if someone can make a fake leak as convincing as the "Rayman in Smash 4" leak, then I will remain forever skeptical.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would be nice if Vanitas(assuming he is in the world) got a monster design. Though more than likely he'll just show up in a black cloak throwing vague remarks at SDG XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back