• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Screenshots of Monsters Inc. world in Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially leaked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

WARNING: These images are not confirmed to be real, so this should be taken as a RUMOR.

Images of a Monsters Inc. world featuring Sully and Mike in Kingdom Hearts III have surfaced online, originally posted on ResetEra by user Wrestleman and given to him through an anonymous source. These images show off Sora, Donald, and Goofy in a transformed monster form as they fight against different Unversed with Sully and Mike. 

These screenshots are allegedly taken from a developer build of the game.

Do you guys think these images are real? Let us know on our forums!

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They look a bit rough. Though the images were supposedly taken while in development so who knows?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(BTW I think it is fake because the reflections are awful and inconsistent and the Keyblade in the first image has a peculiar outline)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Also I figured if we did get a second Pixar world, it would be something else besides Monsters Inc. We already have two worlds set in modern times.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is definitely fake. Way too many inconsistencies. It's a decent Photoshop though.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
okay first off.

[video=youtube;PwpD3USKEKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpD3USKEKw[/video]

sorry about that, had to get the excitement out. been a while since d23, so forgive if i went a bit crazy.

now to review; while even though this is a rumor, the only flaw i see are sora, donald and goofy's headshots in the hud remains normal. in the d23 trailer for Toy Story, their pictures changed to reflect their current forms in said world i.e. as toys. ergo, if this is so, then the pictures should have them looking like the monsters.

on a side note, im surprised the Unversed are back, which means that Vanitas himself has returned as well.

rumor or not, this is still the best thing we've got all week. and don't you think its a bit coincidental that this shows up just before the Jump Festa event this weekend.

D

Deleted member 244354

I don't know if it's real but I am extremely hyped!!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
im skeptical on this like some you guys here but the looking back at nomura said we going to change forms monster inc world would make sense plus this could be in erly delvpepment for all we know and evinthing upaded

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It looks good but also fake. Can't deny I'm not very interested in Unversed coming back simply for the sake that they're heavily inferior to Heartless and Nobodies in strength anyways (I won't rant about Vanitas possibly replaying his BBS self as a repetitive Geezernort slave until anything is confirmed).
Also Furry Soar looks weird xD Swag hair tho.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It looks good but also fake. Can't deny I'm not very interested in Unversed coming back simply for the sake that they're heavily inferior to Heartless and Nobodies in strength anyways (I won't rant about Vanitas possibly replaying his BBS self as a repetitive Geezernort slave until anything is confirmed).
Also Furry Soar looks weird xD Swag hair tho.

I figured with Vanitas returning that pretty much guranteed the Unversed would too. They might want to have all four enemy groups return for KH3.

GrumpyRoxy

It seems real enough to me.
About the portraits, it says in yellow "place holder".

It looks like a testing build as well.

BUUUUT if it's fake, then Square should hire this sonofab*tch

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I want to say fake, but if it is then dang these are the best fake screenshots I've ever seen! And I give the screenshots bonus points for having Unversed since I think Vanitas fits well here.

But whether it's real or fake, Monsters Inc. has always been my second want when it comes to Pixar movies. Doors to everywhere in a society powered by children's fear (negative/darkness) eventually finding out that children's laughter (positive/light) is actually a million times more powerful fits hella well with KH's story.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I figured with Vanitas returning that pretty much guranteed the Unversed would too. They might want to have all four enemy groups return for KH3.

Oh, me too.
I just wasn't expecting them to be used as bosses, I think? It feels weird because there's really no reason for it imo.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The level of detail in this world just isn't up to par with the other worlds shown...

Sulley's fur and fuzzy arms look so bad. Also, I'm not buying the purple hair and tigger pants Sora...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
One thing I will say though, given the Unversed in this shot, is I do hope that all 4 enemy types appear in KH3. It'd be really cool to have a fight against every enemy type simultaneously (although, maybe not Nightmares since I don't believe they can exist in the same realm as the other 3, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back