• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think again!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Re: Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think aga

Wii doesn't deserve! kingdom hearts 3!
I think it's most deserving to be honest.
And to be frank, it is the best fit for the series. I know a lot of people expect the next game to have 'totally realistic graphics' and what not, but KH2 didn't. And when you compare it to FF12, which had immense realistic graphics, you can tell that Nomura and his team didn't want KH to have those kind of graphics. KH's style is cartoony, like Disney, which is why it will always look that way no matter what system it is on. Which personally make it seem good for the Wii.
But in the same regard, reasons it won't be on the Wii:
-The motion controls wouldn't make it have the same 'feel' as the other games (something Nomura is very conscious about, thus why 358/2 days has no stylus control.)
-Processing power and what-have-you
-Less buttons, which is something huge in KH2. We've seen how they were fretting over the DS having less buttons (it has 6 by the way) and they said they had to compromise certain functions to make it fit for the DS, and while the Wii and Nunchuk does have more buttons than the DS (it has 8 not including the D-pad.) the layout of the buttons and what not, would make a different feel.

lol i don't know, this just seems like one of those rumours that doesn't like to die. But i don't think there is a point in believing it. I have a feeling S-E would want to finish with BBS and 358/2 Days before making any sort of announcement on KH3.

KH3 for the wii

Re: Rumor Returns: Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii in Next Month's Nintendo Power? Think aga

It's like 2 months ago all over again! First the moon clue and now this!

deepdive

Website
thefenrir.deviantart.com

I hope it's not for the wii, I don't have the money to afford another console.

I don't think KH3 is even in development though (not that anyone said it is, just throwing it out there), isn't the team currently busy with FFvsXIII?

gunalch

Yea, That would be stupid for wii.It will probabbly be fore, PS3 or Xbox360.Most likley PS3.

finaltrick

id be so mad if "kingdom hearts 3" would be released for the wii or would be multi-platform den i would have to buy either a Xbox or a wii n i dont really like the xbox or the wii

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu

that would be awesome...wait for it...just kidding

slinky

One Step at A Time

even though from what i see its doubtful i think kh3 on wii would be pretty cool. It would bring you probaly the closest to you acturaly holding and fighting with the keyblade you will ever reach to be the keyblade wielder. I dont know about anyone else but when i was like 13 when i started playing this game thats was like my dream to fight the enimies with my own hands and swing my hands around beating the enemys and the wii controller would satisfy that ya know ?, more than any "x" button on a ps2 or 3 could ever give me.

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com

I'm willing to bet 1000 percent they ARE talking about Kingdom Hearts, but not 3. If I'm not mistaken, 358 is going to be released on the DS, which we all know is a Nintendo product... :) I dunno, that just seems obvious to me.

A

Audo

I'm willing to bet 1000 percent they ARE talking about Kingdom Hearts, but not 3. If I'm not mistaken, 358 is going to be released on the DS, which we all know is a Nintendo product... :) I dunno, that just seems obvious to me.

That would be a possibility but they are treating this as a 'big reveal' and 358/2 Days has already been talked about in the magazine.
Well, it actually says 'a top-secret cover story'.
But the truth is, a Japanese magazine would get more information on 358/2 Days before ANY English magazine did. I wouldn't hold our breath for anything about KH in the magazine (thus why they said they were kidding about it having a lot of heart)

Inept

Pinned to a wall, listening to how Joker got his s

Well just because 358/2 days has been talked about dosent mean it wouldnt be the cover story, I mean they would be the first north american magazine (that i know of) to do a cover story about any of the new kh games ... but i doubt it will be a kh cover story (leave that to EGM or GI since they cover all platforms) but who knows it could happen

P.S. And i guess it does say "top secret" but hey, NP is known for some bad jokes XD

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You do realize, if its on the Wii, it wouldnt have to be motion controlled? For example, Tales of Symphonia is on Wii, its a large RPG, and its not motion controlled.

If anything, motion control would be good for all the minigames in the KH series. xP

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net

That would be a possibility but they are treating this as a 'big reveal' and 358/2 Days has already been talked about in the magazine.
Well, it actually says 'a top-secret cover story'.
But the truth is, a Japanese magazine would get more information on 358/2 Days before ANY English magazine did. I wouldn't hold our breath for anything about KH in the magazine (thus why they said they were kidding about it having a lot of heart)

Japanese magazines have been getting 358/2 Days information for a long time now. Perhaps they will be talking about the localization of the game or something.

flipboitamidles

Like I said:

It could be Kingdom Hearts, but for the DS. I mean, 358/2 Days is the only announced Nintendo product. The 3 doesn't have to be about the Wii and being Kingdom Hearts 3. Square wouldn't make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii. They'll make it for the PS3. They might make a spin-off for the Wii, because, let's face it, it's Square.

A

Audo

Japanese magazines have been getting 358/2 Days information for a long time now. Perhaps they will be talking about the localization of the game or something.
Usually they'd release the game first, before talking about localization at all.

Like I said:

It could be Kingdom Hearts, but for the DS. I mean, 358/2 Days is the only announced Nintendo product. The 3 doesn't have to be about the Wii and being Kingdom Hearts 3. Square wouldn't make Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii. They'll make it for the PS3. They might make a spin-off for the Wii, because, let's face it, it's Square.
Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't HAVE to be for the PS3. But who knows, maybe it will be for the Game Boy :p

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist

If it's on GamBoy, then SE would face millions of fans tearing down their companies, but it's safe to say that it won't happen lol.

Hopefully it would still be on Play Station, preferably PS3. I'm really weak with controllers of the other platforms...

Riku1770

Website
www.gaiaonline.com

That would be terrible if it came out for the Wii. It's the worst system out.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

The "3" is not related to the riddle at all, guys, Mother 3 is an actual game, it's a Nintendo franchise that a lot of people are always hoping to be announced, Nintendo Power was just making a joke about that.

So, the clues to the riddle are "king" and "heart", "3" is not related in any way.

Actually, the article stressed these three words/numbers by highlighting them in orange, which, I guess, should hint at them being one phrase.

@ all Anti-Wii f*gs:

Just because it's control scheme is something totally different, doesn't always mean it affects the playability of a system. Judge the games, not the console.

Try it first, and then you can go ranting.

Last edited:

Macabre

Gold Member

Even though this rumor is 99.9% false, I would die (and not in a good way) if KH3 came out for the Wii. The Wii is such a flimsy-ass console, made for people who don't take gaming seriously.

Threads like these usually turn into console wars because of posts like yours.

To those who are saying it's a crap console:

Do you have a Wii or do you just say that it's bad because you don't like it?
Do you know the capabilities of the Wii?
Do you know how great a console it is?

Anyways,it's just a rumor and I won't believe it,though it is possible it might come for the Wii.

It is likely false so do not get your hopes up.

saixrulz

Also i think one other thing were forgeting here is that its a Nintendo wii. Not a disney wii. there are very few wii games that have anything to do with disney (unless there movie games).I dont think KH3 will come out on the wii but it would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back