• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor: Nomura wants the last battle to be on the ps3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
while I like the thought of KH"3" on PS"3" I would prefer PS4 graphics unless they can finish the game really quicky and still make it incredibly good but it seems doubtful knowing Square. 2015 or PS4 I say, or make it to both platforms and have the ps4 version be far superior (but only visually of course)

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I sure hope so. I'm in no position to drop money on a PS4 that I don't even really want. :/

Monkey D. Rocky

I know that Nomura will choose whatever he feels will enhance the KH story and gameplay. The handheld games were on handheld devices because Nomura felt that the story of KH was best told in that fashion. Nomura, you got this!

wii.red24

I am perfectly fine with Kingdom Hearts III being a PS3 game: Guys just because the PS4 is coming out later this year doesn't mean that the PS3 is dead, alot of people still play games on PS3 and will continue to for years to come.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'd be really surprised if it weren't released on the PS3, honestly.

Awards
I think it would just be better for them to release it on PS3. They've already released enough KH games on so many different platforms. People have been waiting for KH3 to be released even before the PS3 came out. I think it would just be better for the fans to do this. Plus if you get rid of your PS3 for a PS4 you could just get it on Gaikai. Which could in fact be better for sales because both PS3 AND PS4 owners would purchase it.

while I like the thought of KH"3" on PS"3" I would prefer PS4 graphics unless they can finish the game really quicky and still make it incredibly good but it seems doubtful knowing Square. 2015 or PS4 I say, or make it to both platforms and have the ps4 version be far superior (but only visually of course)

It's not like PS3 graphics are bad...
coffee.gif

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I will buy it either if it comes for the PS3 or PS4. But I think releasing it only for the PS3 is a bad idea. Why? because it would probably be a system seller and that would probably boost Square's sales in the future.

The key word is "probably." What if it isn't a system seller and both the PS4 and KH3 flop? Well...you have a huge problem there. Not to mention you made people buy PS3s to play the whole series on with the remasters and then you wind up NOT releasing the final game on it? I wouldn't be shocked if most players say "meh, I'm not buying a PS4 for one game at the moment" and KH3 doesn't do to well in the beginning if it is only on PS4...

It's not like PS3 graphics are bad...
coffee.gif

It's not like KH3 needs extremely high level graphics either...

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not like KH3 needs extremely high level graphics either...

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif

But it would benefit greatly from the processing speed of the PS4. No load screens, no framerate drops, plenty of room for platforming and enough RAM to allow for a ton of NPCs in worlds that should have them. There would be no negative on KH3 being on the PS4 besides it being on the PS4 in general xD

I agree that it is better if it is on PS3, but I'd rather the middle ground of having it on PS3 and PS4. (the PS3 version being a well-done downport of the PS4 version, of course)

kupo1121

Awards
But it would benefit greatly from the processing speed of the PS4. No load screens, no framerate drops, plenty of room for platforming and enough RAM to allow for a ton of NPCs in worlds that should have them. There would be no negative on KH3 being on the PS4 besides it being on the PS4 in general xD

I agree that it is better if it is on PS3, but I'd rather the middle ground of having it on PS3 and PS4. (the PS3 version being a well-done downport of the PS4 version, of course)

I thought FFXIII was pretty good with NPCs so couldn't KH3 have that many even if it was on PS3? If not, then I'm leaning towards PS4 now lol (yeah, NPCs really make a difference in my book, they can completely change the environment's mood)...I do think having it on both systems can't go wrong and porting it to PS4 would be perfect!

Awards

I dont care if they make a PS4 version if they still make a PS3 version. I'm not here for it being a PS4 exclusive. Video games and consoles are expensive these days. Yeah im sure the PS4 will only be like $450 like its been rumored, and that is less expensive than the PS3 when it came out, but thats still expensive. Especially for people who work minimum wage jobs and have other crap to pay for. Plus the games are most likely gonna be $70 bucks and thats A LOT as well. Besides, if Versus stays on the PS3 and if Nomura plans to use it's engine for KH3, it would be a REALLY amazing looking game even on the PS3. Versus is GORGEOUS and according to him, there arent a lot of loading screens either for that game. And I dont think RAM would have anything to do with NPCs in the worlds. Thats Nomura's fault. even on the older games, there still couldve been a lot more, so I'm sure with even more RAM, it wouldnt make a difference.

wii.red24

I dont care if they make a PS4 version if they still make a PS3 version. I'm not here for it being a PS4 exclusive. Video games and consoles are expensive these days. Yeah im sure the PS4 will only be like $450 like its been rumored, and that is less expensive than the PS3 when it came out, but thats still expensive. Especially for people who work minimum wage jobs and have other crap to pay for. Plus the games are most likely gonna be $70 bucks and thats A LOT as well. Besides, if Versus stays on the PS3 and if Nomura plans to use it's engine for KH3, it would be a REALLY amazing looking game even on the PS3. Versus is GORGEOUS and according to him, there arent a lot of loading screens either for that game. And I dont think RAM would have anything to do with NPCs in the worlds. Thats Nomura's fault. even on the older games, there still couldve been a lot more, so I'm sure with even more RAM, it wouldnt make a difference.

I second that both games and consoles are pretty damn expensive these days, and it's ludacris to pay $500 or more just to play Kingdom Hearts III. Developers are still making games for the PS3 and will continue to do so for awhile. Just look at the PS2 as an example games were still being released for it up until last year. I don't feel as if Square is done with the PS3 quite yet. Also i do understand that there is a shift now that the PS4 has been announced and more devs are looking into making games for this new platform but that doesn't mean that the PS3's life span is over yet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I am perfectly fine with Kingdom Hearts III being a PS3 game: Guys just because the PS4 is coming out later this year doesn't mean that the PS3 is dead, alot of people still play games on PS3 and will continue to for years to come.

This exactly. It's somewhat funny and apalling at the same time that just because Sony announced a new console people go directly completely bonkers and want all new games directly on the new device.
The PS2 did very well over several years after the PS3 came out.

And besides NPCs being a secondary issue (at least for me), even Final Fantasy XII, which last time I checked was on PS2, not 3, had already a vast open world to explore, a neat party system and tons of NPCs running around.

So with KH it isn't like technical limits would prevent them on adding useless bystander NPCs on home consoles (as even the PS2 could handle it), it's just that Nomura and the developer staff don't care about it because they don't see it as an important issue.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, all Nomura meant by that line was that he is hoping the HD ReMIX's draw in new fans in anticipation for the Final Battle.

Swednapper

The key word is "probably." What if it isn't a system seller and both the PS4 and KH3 flop? Well...you have a huge problem there. Not to mention you made people buy PS3s to play the whole series on with the remasters and then you wind up NOT releasing the final game on it? I wouldn't be shocked if most players say "meh, I'm not buying a PS4 for one game at the moment" and KH3 doesn't do to well in the beginning if it is only on PS4...

Well yes of course. But I just think it's better because the game would be much more future proof. There will always be people picking up the PS4 in the future that might buy KH3. The PS4 will be worth picking up so far what I've seen and the hype for it is high, the PS4 commercial was for an example the most seen commercial on YouTube last month. What I've heard Sony will ship 16 millions of PS4's the first year and developers all around the world is praising it.

Regarding the Remixes, well of course they are releasing it for the Ps3, it is obviously to grasp new fans to the franchise, and they can't obviously make it to the PS4 yet. If they haven't even began the development for KH3 yet I don't see why they should make the game to 10 year old hardware when they can make it better without any loading times, larger and more dynamic worlds and most likely 60FPS. It would only benefit the game, not make it worse. I personally want it to be a game that I'll never forget.

I understand that many of you people want the game on the PS3, I was also looking forward to the third game for the PS3 about 7 years ago and I am still waiting for it like a little child on Christmas eve. But my interest have calmed down pretty much the last three years. But after the PS4 was revealed I once again gained hope, my hype for the game is once again on top. Why? Because of the opportunities. I have the dream of a flawless game.

kupo1121

Awards
Well yes of course. But I just think it's better because the game would be much more future proof. There will always be people picking up the PS4 in the future that might buy KH3. The PS4 will be worth picking up so far what I've seen and the hype for it is high, the PS4 commercial was for an example the most seen commercial on YouTube last month. What I've heard Sony will ship 16 millions of PS4's the first year and developers all around the world is praising it.

This is true, but most of the major sales are looked at within the first few months and if the game doesn't do well, why support it with DLC or even continue supporting the series at all? It's too risky to say that the PS4 will probably do well so KH3 is preparing for that when the PS3 is already a viable option. If anything, I see it being smarter to release it on PS3 first, which everyone has, and then if anything, port it to PS4 and release it simultaneously or later down the line.

Why? Because of the opportunities. I have the dream of a flawless game.

Sadly, even on the PS4...that ain't possible :(

Swednapper

This is true, but most of the major sales are looked at within the first few months and if the game doesn't do well, why support it with DLC or even continue supporting the series at all? It's too risky to say that the PS4 will probably do well so KH3 is preparing for that when the PS3 is already a viable option. If anything, I see it being smarter to release it on PS3 first, which everyone has, and then if anything, port it to PS4 and release it simultaneously or later down the line.

I dunno, sometimes they got to take risks. But hell do I know. I just think they should make it for the PS4 if it's released later than the end of 2015.

Sadly, even on the PS4...that ain't possible :(
I know, but a man can always dream :'(

axel95

Awards
I think that they will release for the PS3 and PS4. It just doesn't make much sense to release a game on a console that most people will just be starting to pick up. If they release for both consoles, they get the best of both worlds in my opinion. Of course, Sony could have helped solve this issue by making the PS4 backwards compatible...

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I am not confirming anything, just speculating. I want to believe that this rumor has the decency to pass true due to publishing contacts and history of the series being only released as a physical copy.

I don't fully understand the contracts between Sony, Disney, Square Enix and Co., nor understand what new terms will stand if Kingdom Hearts III is announced for the PS4 using Gaikai's service. I think it's a bit too early to predict a accurate forecast at the moment in time until more information is released either from Sony Computer Entertainment or Square Enix when it's time to announce Kingdom Hearts III.

You seem to be under the impression that PS4=no physical copy. This is false. Sony has already revealed that the PS4 will continue to use discs, in addition to it's Gaikai services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back