• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor: New bound title for the PS3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslayers

Website
gamingsource.org
The latest 1UP podcast features information about a possible new exclusive title for the PlayStation 3. Towards the end of the podcast, Shane states that he has been speaking to representatives from Square Enix, who have told him that "Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

So what can it be? There are many possibilities, but the popular ones are obviously Final Fantasy VII related, a new Fabula Nova Crystallis title or even Kingdom Hearts 3. Whatever it is, we'll see it soon.

Source: NeoGAF.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I'm assuming it's either Kingdom Hearts related, Final Fantasy VII related, or Dragon Quest related.

There's not really much else it could be, but it has to be something to big to win back the hearts of Sony fanboys.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Chrono Trigger and Cross remake for the ps3 XD. I know they're making a port for the DS, but still.

Or FFVIII remake, not seven.

D

Deleted member 36435

If it is the FFVII remake then Square is doing huge services for each company.
FFXIII - Microsoft
358/2 - Nintendo
FFVII Remake or ??? - Sony

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Considering we've already been told there is an upcoming announcement involving FFVII, and now that we know this unannounced title is supposed to help out Sony, I'm willing to bet it's an FFVII remake. That's the only thing that would top the FFXIII announcement last week.

what

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Chrono Trigger and Cross remake for the ps3 XD. I know they're making a port for the DS, but still.

since they're porting it to the DS, they might as well port Cross to the PSP, which is what some people already think.

Um, why? VIII was good, but not good enough to warrant a remake before VII.

I agree with Cursed. If Square said they were going to swing the ball back towards Sony, it's a FFVII remake. It's the only thing big enough that would make the fanboys forgive Square for FFXIII on the 360.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i dont think square has any interest in having those "disgruntled fans" forgive them. =P i think they just want to make more games like any company would XD

Vegnahollows

That would not be a smart business move.
Square cancelled a Mobile phone game because they had to fund the Fabula Nova Crystallis.
I think something smaller, perhaps a PSP game?

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

That would not be a smart business move.
Square cancelled a Mobile phone game because they had to fund the Fabula Nova Crystallis.
I think something smaller, perhaps a PSP game?

so wait........does that mean that the other FF13 with those kids who look like there wearing school uniforms is not gonna be Mobile

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
^ make more money lol..... thats #1 on their agenda, no matter how they do it. BUSINESS MAN!

and what better way to make money than a FF7 remake?

if it was on PSP, i sense the first multi disc PSP game....

Twilight12

That article proves nothing. Not that I want the remake or anything.

Actually, it does.

right column said:
For years, fans of Final Fantasy VII have been calling for a remake, so it was to great excitement (and ultimately great disappointment) that Square Enix showed off a "Technical Demo for the PS3" at the Sony Press Conference during E3 2005, which re-created the original intro for Final Fantasy VII rendered in real time on PS3 hardware.
The characters in the demo, including both Cloud and Aeris, looked almost as good as they did in the entirely CGI Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, which speaks highly of the processing power of the PlayStation 3.
However, Square Enix denied that the game would indeed be remade, reiterating many times since then that the technical demo was just that, a technical demonstration, and did not indicate that a Final Fantasy VII remake project was in the works.
From our interview with Square:
However, when pressed, the reps also noted that further plans for content based on FFVII haven't been set, per se. They affirmed that the resulting reaction from fans over the demo footage and the content related to FFVII shown at the party has been overwhelmingly positive. As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo, and the very notion of a FFVII remake is certainly something Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment, but at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but when.

We, as well as the rest of the Final Fantasy VII fanbase will be holding our breaths, and you can keep up to date on the status of a remake by visiting our gamespace.

Read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back