• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: More Monsters Inc. screenshots from KINGDOM HEARTS 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well it does come across as a tad bit suspicious that his face isn't in any of these, not even in the HUDs. Oh I know, "the HUD isn't finished yet". OK, but Mike & Sully have HUDs, wouldn't core party take priority over guest party members? In fact Mike & Sully have multiple expressions in their HUDs when static images would do for placeholder, & the HUDs exist despite the in-game models not being finished yet. So I starting to think there should've been at the very least a basic version of SDG's HUDs in these screens. It strikes me more a faker couldn't make Sora's face look even halfway believable & chose to hide it instead.
Well, one thing to consider is that Sully and Mike have set designs? Like, they know what they are going to look like, so it's easy to make HUD icons for them knowing that they probably won't change much design-wise (any change would mean having to redo them). SDG on the other hand will have likely gone through many iterations of their new forms/designs, so it makes more sense to wait until those designs are finalized before making new HUD icons for them, otherwise there's a very real chance you'd just be doing a lot of work that would just get tossed out as the designs changed. So it's not really about importance or taking priority, but more about minimizing potential wasted work. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
The Japanese text reads 「ソラ、火を消さないとまずいよ。」which means "Sora, if you don't put out the fire it's gonna be a problem!"

Maybe we have to put it out with Blizzard, and the Flame Cores are going to keep stoking the flames.

Either that, or Donald pulls a Donald and uses Fire on where there's fire.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Sora looks a lot better up close! And this is the first we are seeing of a map!!! And also Goofys HUD when his health is low. We have not seen this before, right?

By the way, the subtitles in one of the pics says "Sora, we have to extinguish the fire". With blizzard perhaps?

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Echoecho6

Awards
If this ends up being the one world they don't reveal before the game comes out, I am gonna be pretty salty about being spoiled.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Yeah, with these, I also believe that this has to be real. There's no way someone would waste their time doing all of this.
That being said though… Goofy's face looks atrocious.
iOoWquJ.jpg

Sora's design is okay. I like Donald's.

Goofy's is pure nightmare fuel. o_o Really hope if this is real, that they change that design, yeesh.

"But the Rayman fake... anybody can Photoshop".

Man, whoever even assumed that these were fake to begin with were really lying to themselves. Again, Kingdom Hearts III assets have not been publicly released, how can you fake this?

It's still possible someone could have made this whom has a lot of time on their hands and is just really really bored. XD I've created models and imported them myself in unity before. Takes a long while if you're doing everything from scratch, but still possible. I'll only accept it if it's confirmed in a new trailer honestly, because this still has that possibility of being fake. Though I'll agree it's a pretty low possibility, as most people who fake leaks do it very lazily and use pre-existing assets.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well it does come across as a tad bit suspicious that his face isn't in any of these, not even in the HUDs. Oh I know, "the HUD isn't finished yet". OK, but Mike & Sully have HUDs, wouldn't core party take priority over guest party members? In fact Mike & Sully have multiple expressions in their HUDs when static images would do for placeholder, & the HUDs exist despite the in-game models not being finished yet. So I starting to think there should've been at the very least a basic version of SDG's HUDs in these screens. It strikes me more a faker couldn't make Sora's face look even halfway believable & chose to hide it instead.

Eh I dunno, I think its more suspicious with the camera angles hiding them. Well except Goofy, who should stay hidden lol. I think the new portraits are made with the models, and clearly the monster versions aren't done yet? So I feel thats a good reason to not change their portraits at this current build. I found that suspect in the last leak, but again since they showed Goofy now, I dunno lol.

Goofy's is pure nightmare fuel. o_o Really hope if this is real, that they change that design, yeesh.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]It's still possible someone could have made this whom has a lot of time on their hands and is just really really bored. XD I've created models and imported them myself in unity before. Takes a long while if you're doing everything from scratch, but still possible. I'll only accept it if it's confirmed in a new trailer honestly, because this still has that possibility of being fake. Though I'll agree it's a pretty low possibility, as most people who fake leaks do it very lazily and use pre-existing assets.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Ideally actually finished lighting and stuff may make him look better. They could downsize his eyes I guess but I'm not sure if they will ha.[/FONT]

ImVentus

Awards
Well some source said that these could have possibly been from back in 2015. I mean that could be possible, nothing's impossible.

Comments on Facebook are so immature and ignorant, it's insane with this leak. Some of them just make KH fans look dumb.
Honestly though I'm tired of seeing this as fake and is just happy to see more of this. I believe this to be real.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If most of the remaining the remaining worlds were Pixar, I'd be happiest. I like Pixar movies more than Disney originals and from what we've seen so far, they look a lot better on the engine.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah so Donald's old hat is like clipping through his new head model and its kind of misshapen. Maybe their clothes really are just placeholder? I dunno, that hat looks super bad. Like they would never keep it, at least not like it is right now. The clothes are the only thing I don't like about Sora so I kind of hope ha, the colors clash too much. I love the scale hair cuz spiky anime hair, thats amazing. And the color scheme is fun for his actual...fur?

Goofy is the least interesting, Donald is cute with his moogle wings and probably a cyclops. I hope lighting does help poor Gooby ha. Those eyes are scary tho lol, maybe he should become a master scarer.

Neo_

Awards
Have we seen Goofy's death icon before?

But honestly, if it's fake I want a "making of" video from the fake leaker.
Five bucks says it doesn't appear in the game and we never get an explanation if it was fake or cut.

If it's fake, the people/person who made this need to be hired instantly. Just seeing the hazmat team standing up high dousing the fire...

If this ends up being the one world they don't reveal before the game comes out, I am gonna be pretty salty about being spoiled.
They revealing them all bruh; they want you to be sick of the game before it comes out. :tongue:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
DarkosOverlord said:
Man, if this is real it's a loss for me.
I don't really like any of the designs and this is the ugliest Sora I've ever seen.

I loved when I was controlling a boy exploring worlds and not a shapeshifter chameleon.
I don't mind the transformations, but I agree that this is the ugliest Sora design I've ever seen already and we haven't even seen his face. I like Donald & Goofy though. (I think Donald is one-eyed?)

I think it would've been more interesting plot-wise for him to be human in a Monsters, Inc. world, tbh. Turning into monsters, this'll probably end up a drive-by of the movie plot like most of the KH2 worlds.

ImVentus

Awards
For some reason I feel like Monsters Inc won't follow the movie and continue the (own take) on it's world. Like Toy Story, Big Hero 6 & Olympus Coliseum. We don't know about Tangled yet though. But it just kind of seems like the creators have listened to the more popular approach with original storyline for worlds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't mind the transformations, but I agree that this is the ugliest Sora design I've ever seen already and we haven't even seen his face. I like Donald & Goofy though. (I think Donald is one-eyed?)

I think it would've been more interesting plot-wise for him to be human in a Monsters, Inc. world, tbh. Turning into monsters, this'll probably end up a drive-by of the movie plot like most of the KH2 worlds.
If Sora stayed human I wonder what that would have meant for Donald and Goofy? Would the monsters be afraid of them as well?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Huh. Haven't even thought of it that way, but maybe this is one of the reasons transformations usually don't sit well to me: I might unconciously link them to an even higher chance of just having a rerun of the movie.
Yes, I am well aware that doesn't guarantee anything but. It is true that if Sora was human it'd be a confirmation that the world was either a separate story or set after the first movie and humans are no longer considered toxic.

If Sora stayed human I wonder what that would have meant for Donald and Goofy? Would the monsters be afraid of them as well?

See, this is why earlier I said that Donald and Goofy throw this whole trying to find a canon reason for transformation out of the window: they're not human in the first place, but transformations apply to them just like with Sora.

For example, if Sora truly needs to transform into monster because humans are a no-no I'd question why Donald and Goofy didn't need to disguise themselves as humans in Deep Jungle.
Clayton did all of that for mere gorillas, why didn't he try to capture and sell two legit talking animals.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For some reason I feel like Monsters Inc won't follow the movie and continue the (own take) on it's world. Like Toy Story, Big Hero 6 & Olympus Coliseum. We don't know about Tangled yet though. But it just kind of seems like the creators have listened to the more popular approach with original storyline for worlds.

I disagree, I think this is one of the worlds where it follows the movie's narrative. All signs point to that. If it was an original story, Boo wouldn't have been present.

ImVentus

Awards
I disagree, I think this is one of the worlds where it follows the movie's narrative. All signs point to that. If it was an original story, Boo wouldn't have been present.

There's always a chance for a sequel. Could explain Boo missing the outfit. But that's just a thought.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While having a world leaked was nice, I sure hope no one at Disney or Square got in trouble for this. Or worst fired.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
While having a world leaked was nice, I sure hope no one at Disney or Square got in trouble for this. Or worst fired.

The absence of reaction is also odd, they spared no time in silencing Utada's father or Bill Farmer back in the day.
Perhaps they were going to announce it soon and are trying to get the hype going by letting the leaks flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back