• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: KINGDOM HEARTS PS4 Collection Mega XL Bundle coming November 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
i would guess a kh3 bundle would be 2019 though

I dunno. They're hyping up KH3 a lot. I feel like a collectors box could release at the same time with all the games (2.8/1.5+2.5/3) included in the box.

KHZYX

Not gonna buy this for myself, as I already own these titles, but it may be a last minute Christmas gift for my best friend, and possibly a girl I like (although I can't remember if she has Xbox One or PS4 :p)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I dunno. They're hyping up KH3 a lot. I feel like a collectors box could release at the same time with all the games (2.8/1.5+2.5/3) included in the box.
yeah but i but a time that would be after kh3 and when all the patching is done though

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This screams 100% Black Friday to me. And it doesn't surprise me they'd do a bundle collection because, Kingdom Hearts is a hot item right now with the other major game titles out there. Therefore, it's smart of them to use November to do it with Kingdom Hearts becoming more of a thing with KH3 on the horizon. Like, seriously, the amount of merchandise showing up in stores is unreal now. lol. So they'll probably go quick and sell out fast.

I personally won't bother buying it again, cause I own all three games already on separate consoles; which doesn't bother me. xD

Soldier

Awards
Oh no, Kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5+2.8.....
I already beat EVERY game on the previous 2 bundles for the PS4, i don't have any more time left to burn through them like a heat seeking laser. I am NOT going through that lingering hell again! the nightmare that was Xaldin's data battle... No heart!

Although i do appreciate the influx of more merchandise, still love the Sora costume that i ordered online.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Y'all think this bundle would come with something new? I would be happy with some new Nomura Art :)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
New SKUs for the holiday season always look better on sales reports compared to old ones, too.

Good point. It also makes it easy for them for a marketing standpoint to just say, "Buy this collection for the full KH experience." No need to direct someone to multiple games with obscure number naming conventions, so from that angle it makes sense as well. It's not how I would have handled it, but it does make sense from a business perspective with some more thought.

Y'all think this bundle would come with something new? I would be happy with some new Nomura Art :)

I'd say there's no chance. The box art will probably be something simple, nothing really new, and the bundle probably won't include anything new at all. Even the smallest things require development time and effort from someone, and this is basically just a package deal of games that are already on the market. Plus, you also risk upsetting your most loyal fanbase who bought the previous collections at launch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh no, Kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5+2.8.....
I already beat EVERY game on the previous 2 bundles for the PS4, i don't have any more time left to burn through them like a heat seeking laser. I am NOT going through that lingering hell again! the nightmare that was Xaldin's data battle... No heart!

Although i do appreciate the influx of more merchandise, still love the Sora costume that i ordered online.

You probably wouldn't. The discs would be identical & thus use the same save files & trophy lists.

Sorakh212

Awards
On one hand I'm glad they will be putting all the games to date so far in one convenient collection so everyone can have access to them but on the other I can't help shake the feeling that they're milking this like crazy. This franchise has and always will be very near and dear to me but man they sure do go out of their way to port and ultimately milk these games time and time again. Wouldn't be surprised if they had another mega or ultimate collection after KH3 comes out tbh.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I want to say I'll skip this, but there will probably be some kind of pre-order swag that'll sway me

And then the KHIII Collector's Edition will have this included and I'll have like 8 copies of these damn collections

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There's always XB1, Switch, and/or Steam ports.

Personally, I would consider that as a smart business practice as oppose to outright exploitation.

I wonder if they'll place a secret ending in Re: Chain of Memories. It would be a smart opportunity to add Namine's conversation with Terra and place hints with Marluxia's somebody.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only purpose for buying this would be is if they fix the glitches found in the individual PS4 releases.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The only purpose for buying this would be is if they fix the glitches found in the individual PS4 releases.
Those were patched out. These discs will probably have the patches pre-installed though.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wouldn't say it was milking. Or at least, not the usual type of milking.

They have to know that their core consumer base will only buy the game so many times. I don't think their sales numbers would allow them to think rereleasing it over and over will land them a heap of cash (just my assumption)

I think their intention here is to further push the idea that people who haven't jumped on yet has the opportunity to get absolutely everything relevant to KH3 in one or two nice bundles. It almost becomes a "There's no excuse as to why you haven't played any of the games before KH3" situation coming about imo. Like, if an admittedly large part of our fanbase still hasn't jumped onto any of the collections thus far and got themselves caught up while waiting for KH3, then.... ?

The only excuses I can think of is lack of time (then what time do you have to play KH3, or you just really dislike the gameplay THAT much. I can't imagine this collection will cost too much either (but I totally understand the struggle of lack of cash since that was why I didn't play a few KH titles myself)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is most definitely just about getting a new collection out before the holidays to push into average consumer’s hands. The core audience is not the target audience of this release.

It is also about clearing up the message behind the collections. Imagine being a sales person trying to sell both games to people. It’s verbose and confusing.

A straightforward “Kingdom Hearts Collection” just makes more sense to the average consumer over a string of numbers and words like Grizzly made note of. To this day I cannot believe the marketing team allowed Nomura to use weird names for these remasters.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wonder, will the name be “Kingdom Hearts Collection Mega XL Bundle”? Because that sounds just as stupid to me. I feel like a really simple “Kingdom Hearts collection” or something would be more than enough — maybe even call it the “Dark Seeker Saga” or so? Though I guess that’d be a better name for a collection whcih includes the ReMixes and KH3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back