• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RUMOR: Fantasia confirmed by PlayStation Magazine?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
IKfBpzd.jpg

Credit goes to Rentwoq from Reddit for the PlayStation Magazine evidence. It's easy to be assumptive and say that the interviewer mixed Dream Drop Distance with Kingdom Hearts III until you see that Fantasia was mentioned alongside Toy Story and Tangled, so this definitely doesn't seem to be a typo. So what's everybody's thoughts on this world reveal assuming this information is not at all erroneous in any way, shape or form?

notnow123487

Awards
If this is true and they actually have insider info, I think the comment about split perspectives between Sora and Riku is far more interesting.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm all for Fantasia returning

I mentioned this years ago, but I would love a tutorial with Kairi doing the segments from 2000. Sora and Riku did the first film so she should get the sequel.

kingsoraful

Awards
I'm not sure Fantasia would return. They did both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 in DDD. I guess we shall see it debunks the rumor though and it confirms that there's more worlds that have not been revealed. Expect 4 to 5 more worlds on top of the ones we know. As it will have less Disney worlds then kh2 which means more then kh1 which had 10 to 11. I'm not sure PlayStation magazine though would know this info.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Do we have the whole article scans? Bc I also think that it was saying that Riku was playing. Making me think that they are getting KH3 and 3D confused lol. Even more so with this fantasia thing.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
They did both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 in DDD. Expect 4 to 5 more worlds on top of the ones we know. As it will have less Disney worlds then kh2 which means more then kh1 which had 10 to 11. I'm not sure PlayStation magazine though would know this info.

You definitely haven't seen Fantasia 2000 because that movie was not at all represented in Symphony of Sorcery. And we don't know the context of less "Disney worlds". Timeless River was a Disney world but you had to access that by going into Disney Castle, likewise, Tron could only be accessed through Radiant Garden.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I for one would like Fantasia to return. Mostly because I want to see a fight against the Firebird from Fantasia 2000. However I'm not sure if they have their info straight or not. Like Psycho pointed out they may be talking about Yen Sid's tower. I could see someone making that mistake if they haven't played the games before and just went by what they saw in trailers. The "split between the perspective best buds or Sora and Riku" part almost makes me think whoever wrote this may still be confused with DDD or didn't pay attention at all. Which hurts the credibility of the article once more. I really hope Fantasia does return, but if it does I wouldn't credit these guys as knowing as much as getting lucky.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Do we have the whole article scans? Bc I also think that it was saying that Riku was playing. Making me think that they are getting KH3 and 3D confused lol. Even more so with this fantasia thing.

However I'm not sure if they have their info straight or not. Like Psycho pointed out they may be talking about Yen Sid's tower. I could see someone making that mistake if they haven't played the games before and just went by what they saw in trailers. The "split between the perspective best buds or Sora and Riku" part almost makes me think whoever wrote this may still be confused with DDD or didn't pay attention at all. Which hurts the credibility of the article once more.

This is Kingdom Hearts III's official plot summary: "Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the tyranny of light to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort's plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the Key to Return Hearts, while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders. KINGDOM HEARTS III features a mature Sora as the main protagonist who sets forth on an adventure with Mickey, Donald and Goofy through new and legendary Disney worlds. KINGDOM HEARTS III will make full use of next generation console technologies to showcase a stunning universe packed full of worlds based on Disney properties."

At least from what I can decipher, this plot definitely has some sort of split perspective element. Riku and Mickey presumably have to find the Birth by Sleep trio so I think they have enough importance in the plot to warrant a heavy outlook on their perspective. I mean, in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, we had extended scenes of Organization XIII so it wouldn't be the first time that we had a constant back and forth element between two parties.

I for one would like Fantasia to return. Mostly because I want to see a fight against the Firebird from Fantasia 2000. I really hope Fantasia does return, but if it does I wouldn't credit these guys as knowing as much as getting lucky.

To be honest, we don't know the extent of Fantasia's importance in the game (assuming it is a world). It could be the world that Kairi's training in with Lea, it could be a mini world in Disney Castle/Town for Sora, Donald and Goofy, or maybe Riku and Mickey have to cross it as a means to enter The Realm of Darkness. Regardless, if any Disney property is going to do justice with the Kingdom Shader then it's Fantasia.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Wasn't there something about there being a playable character that we didn't play as before? If so, will we play as three different characters again? I wouldn't dislike Sora, Riku and Kairi as playables, with DG, Mickey and Lea? as sidekicks. I'm still dreaming of another game with playable BBS trio, but I know it's rather unrealistic in KH3.

I'd love to see Fantasia in KH3.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Fantasia world? Yes please. Not really excited if we're really getting another split characters game, I'd prefer just Sora, but it's not the worst thing that could happen either. Not ideal but I could live with it. I suppose it could cover more of the story, having stuff happen at the same time in different places and all. This is such a weird reveal though, if it's really true.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Yeah I definitely don't want a split characters game for KH3. I'm pretty sure it's more about split stories with Riku and Mickey cut scenes following their quest. For KH4 I might be open to that, but I'm so ready for another SDG focused game with the secondary playable character doing an intro.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
These blue flowers?
yensidtower.jpg

Also a closer look.

latest

I'll add this from DDD to compare. It's still possible considering that KH3 has much better graphics.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back