• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: Austrian retailer Gameware sets November 2020 release for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

UPDATE 8/17/2020: Gameware has removed the date from their website.

Austrian retailer Gameware has recently listed KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody for a November 13th, 2020 release date in Europe.

Keep in mind that this date has not been confirmed by Square Enix and should be treated as a rumor.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Via @So_Ethereal on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It's believable enough.

That's a couple days after the release of the OST, which I've suspected from the start will get packaged with MoM in some sort of Collector's Edition.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
lol i littaly said the it would be in the same month as the ost it make the most sense to do it that way

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hope so. It'll be great to have something to play during Thanksgiving.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
November, so I can get this with the KH3 manga around the same time. That's pleasantly convenient.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I‘m Austrian and I‘ve never seen a game for 62,99€ lmao what a weird price. So probably placeholder or the price that retailer is selling it at...
i also never heard of this retailer but meh doesn‘t play a role I guess

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I am choosing not to believe in this rumor based on my own emotional desire for the game to come sooner. If you express the belief that this is a rumor with credence, not only will I vehemently disagree-- I will consider you my Forum Enemy for the rest of my life.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was predicting a December release for Christmas sales. But November is close enough. Whether or not it's true I hope an official announcement comes soon. We are nearing the end of 2020

the red monster

Awards
Makes sense. i predicted november release since the reveal. black friday and christmas is when people spend their money and they know it.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Assuming this is legit...man I called it. But that's just an assumption. Nov isn't too far away, just three months, I'm pretty hyped.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just remembered why November 13th sounded familiar. Same day as Yakuza 7.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I just remembered why November 13th sounded familiar. Same day as Yakuza 7.

Off-topic, but I started playing Yakuza 0 for the first time, as a brand new fan, and I'm enjoying it! Now I'm gonna have TWO new games to spend time with this holiday season LOL.

lol i littaly said the it would be in the same month as the ost it make the most sense to do it that way

Yeah, I mean it's a musical game, so... It's completely reasonable. Maybe they'll even put some Melody of Memory-exclusive tracks on the OST as well, since I'm sure MoM will have its own renditions of previous songs. Dearly Beloved, for example.

As for the price, I know it's a placeholder, but I do wonder what it'll actually be. There's so much to this game that we don't know about.

2 quid is good

Awards
That price is utterly terrible, I can only assume it's some type of direct conversion from something else, either way, if this game is anything over 35/40 that's a huge no from me dawg.

AR829038

Awards
That price is utterly terrible, I can only assume it's some type of direct conversion from something else, either way, if this game is anything over 35/40 that's a huge no from me dawg.
Agreed. That price is damn steep for a rhythm game. The only explanations I can think of are that maybe it's a glitch on the site (most likely), the listed offerings are some kind of special edition deal with a host of extra collectible materials (which, even then, HELL no!), OR Melody of Memory is actually much more of a game than the trailers would have led us to believe. I'm hoping for the latter, because if that pricetag is any indication of what the game will cost in US dollars, then I'm noping the heck outta this and just watching someone's playthrough on YouTube. Ain't no rhythm game worth that much outta my wallet.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Agreed. That price is damn steep for a rhythm game. The only explanations I can think of are that maybe it's a glitch on the site (most likely), the listed offerings are some kind of special edition deal with a host of extra collectible materials (which, even then, HELL no!), OR Melody of Memory is actually much more of a game than the trailers would have led us to believe. I'm hoping for the latter, because if that pricetag is any indication of what the game will cost in US dollars, then I'm noping the heck outta this and just watching someone's playthrough on YouTube. Ain't no rhythm game worth that much outta my wallet.

This is what I'm thinking. Then again, I think the Persona dancing games were full price, although those games were filled with remixes and actual dancing instead of simply rhythm-input. It all depends on what Melody of Memory really has in it. If it's a KH2.8 sort of deal with added content, then that's one thing. If it's a rhythm game alone at $70 and the game itself isn't really meaty, then that's bad on Square's part.

One thing to mention though is that they said that there's 4 modes in Melody of Memory, but I think they've only talked about three. I wonder what the last one is. Also, if Kairi's backstory is tied to Sora's memory, why is it that KH1 Sora's the one tying her past together, shouldn't it be Kairi herself? I know, her heart was in Sora's in KH1, but it still should be her.

If the price is true, then I think MoM is a KH2.8 sort of deal. But man, this is probably the most uneventful KH release ever. Even 2.8 had a lot more fanfare. Ray of Hope is a banger, we got the opening movie preview, stuff with Aqua to look forward to... Man we even had the Back Cover movie (which didn't tell us everything, BUT did tell us a bit about the Foretellers and was an entertaining watch regardless). KH MoM is like... "Oh yeah, we've got a new KH game coming soon............ See ya." COVID-19 is most likely a factor in all of this, so TGS is the next best thing, but dang.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
That price is damn steep for a rhythm game.
Why? What makes a rhythm game less worthy of a full-priced release compared to anything else?
Just like anything else, there are rhythm games released at full price (Project Diva, DJMAX, Taiko), and budget titles released for less (Amplitude PS4, Invector, MUSYNX)

2 quid is good

Awards
Why? What makes a rhythm game less worthy of a full-priced release compared to anything else?
Just like anything else, there are rhythm games released at full price (Project Diva, DJMAX, Taiko), and budget titles released for less (Amplitude PS4, Invector, MUSYNX)
Maybe the fact it's using decade old assets and a gameplay system ripped straight from two previous titles? As much as I would love KH Theatrythm, there's nothing groundbreaking, visually or otherwise, that point to it justifying the same type of price that a 30 hour game with brand new graphics and a new gameplay system had.

Like you said, there are budget titles released for far less, and this is a budget title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back