• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOR: Austrian retailer Gameware sets November 2020 release for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm not happy this game is $60 dollars if true, but still I will get it. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan dedicated to this series, so I'm use to it and I've never bought anything Kingdom Hearts related that I regret due to price. I'd buy ReMind all over again with all the stuff it gave me that I love. Nomura already stole my heart, so it's only natural he steals my wallet, it's the fate of a KH fan. I'm looking forward to this game, and I think the story might shock us with some surprises.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH games lose value really quickly so I ain't worried. The switch version on the other hand...

Eh, that'll drop at some point. Maybe not as fast as the PS4/XB1 version just because Switch games stay higher for longer, but it’s a 3rd party game so it’s bound to see a drop. I can bet you by Easter of next year, it’ll be on sale for $20.

D

Deleted member 252753

Eh, that'll drop at some point. Maybe not as fast as the PS4/XB1 version just because Switch games stay higher for longer, but it’s a 3rd party game so it’s bound to see a drop. I can bet you by Easter of next year, it’ll be on sale for $20.
On the eShop at least Square Enix tend to put their games on sale fairly often.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Another one, this time from Belgium

T6FK7yi.png

Switch -> https://www.cld.be/showItem.aspx?id_art=120464

PS4 -> https://www.cld.be/showItem.aspx?id_art=120462

Might have updated after seeing the Austrian listing, might have updated because of info from the manufacturer or distributor, who knows. Always take with a grain of salt until Square Enix comes out and confirms a release date and an actual, non-placeholder price.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Nov 13...moar puhlease. We're edging closer and closer to a release, and with TGS right around the corner (Sep 24 if covid doesn't do its thing) we're sure to get more info and a trailer. BRING ON NOVEMBER

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nov 13...moar puhlease. We're edging closer and closer to a release, and with TGS right around the corner (Sep 24 if covid doesn't do its thing) we're sure to get more info and a trailer. BRING ON NOVEMBER
TGS is already an online digital event this year due to COVID. I don't think COVID will affect the trade show any more than it has already.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm not happy this game is $60 dollars if true, but still I will get it. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan dedicated to this series, so I'm use to it and I've never bought anything Kingdom Hearts related that I regret due to price. I'd buy ReMind all over again with all the stuff it gave me that I love. Nomura already stole my heart, so it's only natural he steals my wallet, it's the fate of a KH fan. I'm looking forward to this game, and I think the story might shock us with some surprises.

I know this isn't what you're saying, but I'm gonna say this anyway so people can read it -- Nomura isn't the one setting the prices on these things. There's a whole department that spends hours looking at pie charts and bar graphs that make those kinds of choices. I see people putting blame on Nomura for that, so I just want to say this now as a general statement (again, not to you specifically).

That being said though, if people here don't like people being skeptical about the price of MoM... Wait until we actually get a release date lmao. I'll still buy it, but it's still gotta justify a $60 price tag. We really don't know anything about the game, so I imagine once we get a bunch of news for MoM, we'll have a better idea of what's actually in the game.

Also, on another note, quick question. Where are people getting the idea that the Switch can't run Unreal Engine graphics on KH3's level? Because I'm seeing people also wanting a Kingdom Hearts collection on the Switch and if that's the case, then you can pretty much kiss a collection goodbye. You can't put most of the games on there and then NOT include one of the most important ones. In that case, you're better off sticking to PlayStation or Xbox. Surely the developers can tweak it to where it would run better on the Switch's hardware (if it needs that) and if that's the case, who's to say they won't do the same for Melody of Memory? I'm not saying we're literally gonna get a KH0.2/BBS Secret Episode type of scenario in MoM, but maybe we shouldn't write this game off as a 100% rhythm game just yet.

2 quid is good

Awards
Also, on another note, quick question. Where are people getting the idea that the Switch can't run Unreal Engine graphics on KH3's level?
Discussion about the Switch's capabilities is like a pendulum, as in it swings from "The Switch couldn't run a toaster!" to "The Switch can run The Witcher 3!" and never stops in between.

If there was a short playable section I'm fully confident in the Switch's toaster power levels to run it. Maybe it'll be sub optimal but I still think it'd be just fine. And I'm not exactly someone who's a big fan of the switch either.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Discussion about the Switch's capabilities is like a pendulum, as in it swings from "The Switch couldn't run a toaster!" to "The Switch can run The Witcher 3!" and never stops in between.

If there was a short playable section I'm fully confident in the Switch's toaster power levels to run it. Maybe it'll be sub optimal but I still think it'd be just fine. And I'm not exactly someone who's a big fan of the switch either.

That's what I think too, I mean, isn't The Witcher 3 a particularly big game with a lot of resources? Double for Skyrim, and it runs those games fine as far as I can tell. I haven't heard anything about Doom, so... I think some people are taking the bare specs of the Switch and running with it more than I think they should be.

It's like when people heard the PS5 was going to be "weaker" than the Xbox Series X and ran that to the mountains, and then when the game showcases came out, that talk ended quickly. Most fans aren't developers, and that's no disrespect, but it's like asking a dude on the street how to make the perfect medium-rare steak instead of the guy who cooks food for a living. Maybe the random guy might be a chef who just ended his shift, or maybe the only thing he cooks are pizza pockets in the microwave (and there's nothing wrong with that). But who's opinion are you going to listen to more?

That's why I'm gonna assume the developers know what they're doing, but if the cutscenes are anything to go by, I'm thinking we're good.

And again too, if Melody of Memory is "too powerful" for the Switch to handle, then RIP to a KH Collection on the Switch, because KH3 would be a nightmare in that case. If some things are downgraded on the Switch, that's fine, but I highly doubt it's one KH world away from turning into a Hot Potato.

the red monster

Awards
I know this isn't what you're saying, but I'm gonna say this anyway so people can read it -- Nomura isn't the one setting the prices on these things. There's a whole department that spends hours looking at pie charts and bar graphs that make those kinds of choices. I see people putting blame on Nomura for that, so I just want to say this now as a general statement (again, not to you specifically).

That being said though, if people here don't like people being skeptical about the price of MoM... Wait until we actually get a release date lmao. I'll still buy it, but it's still gotta justify a $60 price tag. We really don't know anything about the game, so I imagine once we get a bunch of news for MoM, we'll have a better idea of what's actually in the game.

Also, on another note, quick question. Where are people getting the idea that the Switch can't run Unreal Engine graphics on KH3's level? Because I'm seeing people also wanting a Kingdom Hearts collection on the Switch and if that's the case, then you can pretty much kiss a collection goodbye. You can't put most of the games on there and then NOT include one of the most important ones. In that case, you're better off sticking to PlayStation or Xbox. Surely the developers can tweak it to where it would run better on the Switch's hardware (if it needs that) and if that's the case, who's to say they won't do the same for Melody of Memory? I'm not saying we're literally gonna get a KH0.2/BBS Secret Episode type of scenario in MoM, but maybe we shouldn't write this game off as a 100% rhythm game just yet.
By people asking for KH collection, it means 1.5+2.5 which would run on the switch just fine.
it's also easy money for square so it's really weird that it didn't happen yet

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
By people asking for KH collection, it means 1.5+2.5 which would run on the switch just fine.
it's also easy money for square so it's really weird that it didn't happen yet

Yeah, but business wise, it's not gonna make sense to port 1.5 + 2.5 when you're missing 2.8 and 3. It'd just be another version of buying multiple consoles to play the series. At that point, besides the portability, it makes more sense to play on a console that has all of the games. If I were a new fan and only had a Switch, I'd be pissed if I ended up having to buy new console anyway.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, but business wise, it's not gonna make sense to port 1.5 + 2.5 when you're missing 2.8 and 3. It'd just be another version of buying multiple consoles to play the series. At that point, besides the portability, it makes more sense to play on a console that has all of the games. If I were a new fan and only had a Switch, I'd be pissed if I ended up having to buy new console anyway.
I just want KH games on switch because I want me some portable KH goodness to play, not to get "caught up" on anything. Creating a separate save file for each boss, so I can kill time by fighting every Disney boss in KH2 or very org boss was 1 of my past times back in the day & having that option on a portable system makes my mouth water.

It's not an issue to me that, say for example, Borderlands 3 isn't on Switch because BL1/2/Pre-sequel is still a ton of content for a portable system.

Also, Skyrim was a 360/PS3 game. Not on the same level as Witcher 3/KH3.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I just want KH games on switch because I want me some portable KH goodness to play, not to get "caught up" on anything. Creating a separate save file for each boss, so I can kill time by fighting every Disney boss in KH2 or very org boss was 1 of my past times back in the day & having that option on a portable system makes my mouth water.

It's not an issue to me that, say for example, Borderlands 3 isn't on Switch because BL1/2/Pre-sequel is still a ton of content for a portable system.

Also, Skyrim was a 360/PS3 game. Not on the same level as Witcher 3/KH3.

Right, but porting a game to a new console means an entirely different audience now has access to the series. There's plenty of existing fans that want a portable KH experience, but is that justifiable enough to port it to a system that won't get all the games? Because I guarantee you there'd be a lot of new fans coming in via the Switch. These are all conversations they'd have to have, and they have to keep new fans in mind, especially moving forward.

Think about how many people want Persona 5 on the Switch, but are salty that Scramble is the only Persona 5 game they're getting (as far as we know). Although in that situation, it doesn't seem to be a hardware thing, it's just Atlus possibly having an exclusivity deal with mainline Persona games probably, but still. In the end, they're gonna have to buy a PS4 if they want to play the full story anyway (if we're talking about Royal).

If Melody of Memory is a one and done thing for the Switch if the hardware is an issue, then it is what it is, but a collection is a different beast entirely. It all depends on what's actually in this game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
& literally the next day rumors of a Switch Pro in Q1 2021 start surfacing, with Bloomberg in particular saying it could be 4K. That would certainly change the discussion if there's a more powerful Switch that's more capable of running KH3.

the red monster

Awards
& literally the next day rumors of a Switch Pro in Q1 2021 start surfacing, with Bloomberg in particular saying it could be 4K. That would certainly change the discussion if there's a more powerful Switch that's more capable of running KH3.
It will be a pretty shitty move if only the switch pro will get it, screwing over the older switch users. but it won't be the first time.. new 3ds ran games that normal 3ds couldn't.

Chie

Awards
I don't understand people who are specific about what games are "worth" what prices. You can't quantify a creation's worth especially not by just looking at what the genre is. It only has to do with how much you want it, and then how much you enjoy it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Wake the mods, Nov 13th release date confirmed:

EDIT: -Playable Roxas with Xion/Axel
-Switch exclusive mode with 8 players local
-Maleficent battle with The Encounter
-Aleous still doesn't speak.

MORE EDIT: The apparent boxart:
PkbfAqj.jpg

Last edited:
Status