• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor: 40GB PS3 for $399 and FFXIII delayed till 08

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Rumor from PSU said:
Sony to make a cheaper PS3 available to consumers soon? Another game delay...

First the 60GB PS3 dropped in price, then Sony announced the package wont be out for long, and now gamers that have no PS3 are loosing hope that the price cut will ever happen at the right time. Well Game Informer might have some relieving info for those gamers and not so relieving info for the rest.

First off Game Informer has suggested that Sony is planning to release a new 40GB PS3 package that will only cost 399 dollars USD, 100 dollars cheaper than the current price dropped 60 GB PS3.. Game Informer suggested that the announcement was supposed to be made at E3 and was surprised when the announcement wasn’t made.

The second rumor Game Informer is suggesting is the new Final Fantasy game could be delayed until 2008 or beyond. Apparently FF XIII is under going several problems that may take a year to fix and get together. Along with problems the game also has several other features that are not developed as of yet.

Game Informer also suggested that PSN could be receiving an awards program similar to the one offered in Xbox Live and all games coming out this fall will feature the program. Not much more info was given other than Sony is trying to work with third parties to incorporate the feature.
Rumors: 40GB PS3 for $399, Final Fantasy XIII delayed

I don't know, I like the idea of a price drop to $399 so more people can afford it, but 40GB just isn't enogh.

D

Deleted member 36435

The second two rumors aren't that big of a suprise but the first is...

D

Deleted member 36435

I also forgot to say that a 40GB PS3 is just stupid, stick with what they have now and put money into developing games not a bunch of consoles.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
SuperEclipse what thread did you make that got closed by monkey. I just needed to know because everytime I go a thread with you in it that's all you talk about lol.

As for the Elite thing. I just think MS did the wrong idea by having that 3rd SKU, and also it cost more you'd think they would have gotten rid of the Premium, or something. Also Sony didn't raise the price of the 80GB to $679 that's why I'm not mad at them. (well I am mad about the 80GB being $600 again grrr...).

Anyway in this rumor their not diss any console. If monkey closes it then he just does.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
May I ask something?((re posted)

How come people dissing MS and saying MS is ripping off there fanbase with the Elite..((I mean Sony fanboys here was using that ammo left and right.)))

Maybe because the Elite is a ripoff? They should've included built in wifi as well as HDDVD, as we all know they released it to compete with the PS3.

The PS3 offers great value, and a cheaper model that isn't too lacking in features can attract a wider audience.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Rumors: 40GB PS3 for $399, Final Fantasy XIII delayed

I don't know, I like the idea of a price drop to $399 so more people can afford it, but 40GB just isn't enogh.
You can upgrade the hard drive. It's not that expensive. But this could be a good or bad move. How do we know that it will come with all the features of the other PS3s SKU(besides hard drive space)? It could a stripped down version.

May I ask something?((re posted)

How come people dissing MS and saying MS is ripping off there fanbase with the Elite..((I mean Sony fanboys here was using that ammo left and right.)))
And people are dissing Sony for making so many worthless SKUs(including me). So what's your point?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well dragonmaster I do know you can upgrade the HD(hard drive), but still they might as well keep the 60GB if this is proven true. Which knowing Sony this shouldn't even be a rumor cause they can't keep secrets.

Masamune

Big Boss
FFXIII being delayed doesn't surprise me.

but i hope the PS3 price drop is true. =)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyway, FF13 being delayed is likely, as they just announced today its still only 13% complete.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Wait 13% you got to be kidding. I thought this game was suppose to be out early 08, or something like that. Oh well I'd rather them delay it then rush something that ends up like Gundam when the PS3 launched *shivers*.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it's more like late 08. And they said 13 percent in like January, I wonder why its STILL 13%.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
seriously pawn shop is the way to go. at my cousin's pawn shop an xbox360 is like 250 bucks and it's brand new. has the styrafoam casing and everything.

T

Tyler Durden

My other post kind of didn't appear so...

New PS3- Good. Even cheaper, and 40 GB is more than enough. If you don't think so, then you are planning on downloading too much crap onto the hard drive; just get the 80GB.

Not Having Games for PS3- Ridiculous. Assassin's Creed, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Call of Duty 4, Madden, Haze, Lair, Warhawk, LittleBig Planet, echochrome, etc. are all this holiday. Not to mention all of the already released games, and the great PS2 games.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
40GB PS3? What's up? I guess it would promote better sells, but its still a rumor. 40GB would be enough if you are just playing games, I guess a little download time could be taken from that. And I, myself believe that FFXIII will be released early 2009, yeah, a delay for Square Enix games means another year added on.lol But then again, that's just my thoughts.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Ha no offense Conquerer not to diss Sony, but they can't keep a rumor/secret from anyone. Just like their new Sixaxis design, and this new Twisted Metal I'm starting to hear about.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
I just got my GameInformer today.This is in the Loose Talk, but im guessing its true, so here's the scoop why its delayed and when it might come out:

"...Word is that it's a mess right now, and the localization process itself is expected to take a full year. This is about three months longer than usual. Seeing as how the game likely won't come out in Japan until the end of next year at the earliest, it looks like we're in for a long wait" - Loose Talk, Game Informer 172 Prototype

They talk about the PS3 but ill add that later if you guys want. So since Square usually releases US verisons a few months after JP verisons, I'm guessing around early 2008. But then again, US FF12 came out the same time as the JP FF12, it can be the same but I'm giving them at the earliest 2008 since they like to check their work lol.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Conquerer if you go over to PSU.com there should be an article about "Twisted Metal coming to PS3".
The reason why it's a rumor is because of the picture it has the clown(sweet tooth) laughing in the aftermath of a big explosion with black smoke, or so they say it's sweet tooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back