• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rules / Guidelines Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
RULES/GUIDELINES THREAD
Welcome to Kingdom Hearts: Arcana (or Arcana for short)! Before you start posting, make sure you take a look at everything in this thread. The rules apply to templates and posting, while the guidelines explain what sort of things you need to do when creating a thread in order to keep everything organized.

If any changes/additions come up in the future, I'll announce this in the Announcement thread. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to answer! c:

Rules
Joining/Posting Guidelines
Template Guidelines
FAQ
-- Coming soon!

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Rules / Guidelines

RULES

1. Literacy is a MUST, but you do not have to have perfectly written posts. You do not need to write 1,000 word posts, nor do you have to have flawless grammar and spelling. As long as its legible and you're posting about 2 paragraphs per post, it's perfect!
  2. No godmoding! Each character template will be checked to make sure that characters aren't overpowered and will be accepted if they aren't. If you godmode in any RP thread, you will receive a warning. Two warnings and you'll be kicked out of that thread. If you receive multiple warnings, you will be removed from the future Arcana roleplays.
  3. No powerplaying! Powerplaying is only acceptable if you allow someone else to control your character. (You can add a list of people who can control your characters on your template thread, if you like!) Powerplaying offenses will be approached the same way as godmoding offenses.
  4. Keep your posts' content PG-13. This includes swearing, violence, romance, etc. Keep it kid-friendly and you'll be fine. Anything inappropriate will be resulted in your thread being closed. Multiple offenses will result in removal from the roleplay.
  5. No mary-sues/gary-stus. Nobody's perfect and that applies to characters, too. If you have a mary-sue character, your template will be denied, but you can fix up the problems and always try again! (I don't see this being too much of a problem, but just keep this in mind~)
  6. No Keyblades! The only characters who may wield Keyblades in this roleplay are Sora, Terra, Aqua, Ven, and King Mickey. (Possibly Master Eraqus and possibly Master Xehanort, too, but no other incarnations of Xehanort can wield Keyblades. I may also accepted Roxas and Xion, but please ask me first.) I will not accept any other characters, canon or original, who wield Keyblades.
  7. Canon characters from Kingdom Hearts, Disney, Final Fantasy, and the World Ends with You are welcome! You'll have to make a template for them, though. But anyone is welcome! (Keep in mind that this takes place during KH1.)
  8. Lastly, have fun! Be nice to your fellow roleplayers and have a good time! I hope you enjoy the roleplay! C: (If you've read the rules, make sure you include the phrase "Now, return my friend's heart or pay the price!" with your first template, otherwise your template will be rejected; you don't have to include this with any other templates.)

Keep in mind that there is a password in this post that you will need to include with your template. I will not accept templates without the password, but hopefully it's easy to find ;w;

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Rules / Guidelines

HOW DO I JOIN?
JOINING ARCANA:
Before you can join the roleplay itself, you need to post a character template in the Character section; you can see more about writing and posting your template over here. These will be reviewed by the section mods to make sure that it follows the roleplay rules (specifically, we're looking at godmoding/powerplaying, mary-sue/gary-stu attributes, and over PG-13 content. We will deny the template if it's completely illegible, but this is unlikely.).

If they're accepted, then you're ready to start roleplaying! If it's denied, then the mods will outline what's wrong with the template and what you'll need to fix to be accepted.

After acceptance, it's time to start roleplaying!

Roleplaying is going to be EXACTLY the same way it is in the other sections. Creating threads, however, will be a little different.

CREATING A NEW ROLEPLAY THREAD:
In this roleplay, there are several types of roleplays you can join and create. There are Event, Story, and Battle.

Event roleplays are divided into chapters and will affect the overall story of the roleplay. Because of the impact they have on the story, these can only be created by mods! (However, you can definitely suggest a storyline for an event either in the Feedback thread or through PMs!)

Story roleplays play out like normal roleplays, but on a smaller scale. These can be open to everyone or can be open to a specific group of people. These are here to help develop your characters and develop the world that the characters are in.

Battle roleplays are just like roleplay battles. These serve the same purpose as story roleplays.

In order to keep things organized and to keep everyone from creating multiple threads in different worlds, here's the guidelines you should use when creating a new thread:

In the thread title, please use the following format: "[PREFIX; you can choose story or battle] ► [World name] [Open OR closed; open is for everyone, while closed is only for invited members] Thread Title!"

Here's an example: "STORY ► [Traverse Town] [Open] Exploring the town!"

To reduce clutter and to keep the story in order, only 2 active threads set in one world are allowed at a time! If you see two threads that already list one specific world, definitely consider joining one of those RPs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back