• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rules and Regulations of the Role Playing Section [NEW RULE - READ]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rules and Regulations of the Role Playing Section [NEW RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING]

Our benevolent administrator, the Midnighter has promoted me to moderator of the Role Playing Section. I've been given full run of this section and I intend to bring the level of role playing quality of this forum back to what is once was. As such I have a new set of standards that all role players will abide by.

Rules are as follow with no exceptions unless stipulated by myself, or another moderator.

- All Role Players will now be expected to post an appropiate sized post depending on their post count.

I.E. All members are required to post at least two paragraphs per post. Paragraphs must be a minimum of five sentences in length.

I realize that this may seem like a chore, but I feel it is required. The amount of one lining within this section as of late is out of control. If you feel unable to make a post meeting these requirements then do not post, simply wait until you have more free time, motivation, etc.

- No member may join a role play without adhering strictly to the rules set by the role play creator/leader. Said rules must adhere to the rules set by the moderators in this thread.

Flaming is of course prohibited, but in this section it will be even more so. If you are not allowed into a role play by its creator/leader do not act like a child and say things like "It was stupid any way," or "Fine, but you suck, noobs." Be mature, display you role play skill, and give your best effort, these qualities will make role players want to role play with you.

- Any role play that goes for over one page without signs of progress will be closed. I've seen too many threads open and continue with 2-3 pages of OOC-Chat before ever actually starting. No more of that garbage. Any questions about beginning the role play, story line specifics, and template creation should be addressed via the personal message system.

I'm placing a limit on the number of times an rp may be reposted within a week. If your rp get no members simply bump it, do not close it and reopen it a day later. You may of course wait a week and restart said rp in a new thread.

- Any member who joins a roleplay and then LEAVES without good reason will recieve NEGATIVE REPUTATION from myself (VersionX) or another moderator of the section. There has been far too many cases of this happening as of late, and it must be dealt with.

If you find someone has left in your roleplay without informing you, be sure to PM me. Obviously, this will not be something I can do without being told of the incident.

- All storylines MUST be two to three long paragraphs long. By long, I mean long sentences, not short tiny little sentences. I also ask that you put 6-7 sentences per paragraph, if not more. Newbies MUST have two paragraphs for their storyline while Premium members must have three paragraphs for their storyline. The more detail, the better.

[EDIT] Due to some complains, [Okies, it was just one complaint. >.>;] I'm changing this rule just a LITTLE. If you're a newbie and want to get the hang of roleplaying, please put, as the VERY first thing, that your roleplay is a sort-of 'practice' roleplay. It doesn't necessarily have to be a practice roleplay, this just gives you the right to make a storyline less than two paragraphs or more long. BUT, this only goes for members who aren't premium members. I'm adding that to the mix because I don't want premium members abusing this rule. So, if you're a newbie and want to get the hang of roleplaying, then put at the VERY top that your roleplay is a 'practice' roleplay. If I see anyone abusing this bit, then I'll take it off. Thank yew~

This might, also, be a chore but this is just to cut down on the spam filled roleplays. If you see a storyline that is only one paragraph, feel free to PM me [Takushi Rena] and I'll get it straighten out for you.

- All profiles can NOT be short and detail-less. Its understandable that there are newbs who don't know how to roleplay very well and use short posts. It'll be fine if you have less than 50 posts, but its not all fine and dandy if you have 1,000. Don't make their past mysterious, put it there anyways. You can make it mysterious in a roleplay but you can't make it mysterious in a profile. Also, all appearances MUST have a description added to them, images are allowed as well.

Yet another chore-ish rule. This one is insanely nessecary, though. All I see are short, short profiles and I know everyone can do much better than this.

Any member that breaks these rules will be issued a warning. If said conduct continues, banning will be issued for the appropriate lenght of time.

Any members in need of advice and/or guidance may consult these threads.

http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=43326
Prodigy's Training Thread

http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=40610
Lord of Chaos Guide to Rping

I highly recommend consulting both of these threads even if you are an already experienced role player.

More rules and regulations will be editted into this post as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Re: (MUST BE READ)New Rules and Regulations of the Role Playing Section.

Just a quick introduction.

I've been assigned to sort this forum out. These rules will be being kept the same, and enforced as of now.

One thing I'll tell you: Don't expect me to sit and read through every single roleplay that comes through here. I will not do that. Instead, I'll give the first page a quick scim through, reading the most recent pages of each RP, and sort out whatever I see.

If I miss something, send me a PM with the link and what is bothering you about the RP, and I'll look into it as soon as I can, taking whatever needed measures.

Note - I have not decided if I will be taking this on full-time yet. To tell you the truth, I've been nagged into doing this, as no-one else currently on the staff wanted to do it. I've denied the position for a while now (since Morphaeus left), but upon seeing the state of this forum I've decided to take it up, atleast long enough to fix it.

Edit: This thread will merely be to inform you of any updates to the rules, not discussion of them. If you have any queries, problems, or something else of the like, contact me via PM.

Last edited:

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Re: Rules and Regulations of the Role Playing Section

Slight rule change:

ALL members are now required to post two sufficient paragraphs per a post. Hopefully, this small change will somewhat add to the standard bar. The under/over 1000 posts was not working, nor worth it, seeing as many great roleplayers have under 1000.

NB: I still ask of you all to PM threads where there is spam, or part of it does not stick to these rules. With all your help it'll be easier cleaning the section up.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Re: Rules and Regulations of the Role Playing Section [RULE CHANGE - READ]

Another rule has been added. This one is to take action against leavers. WAY too many times is this happening now.

Leave a roleplay without reason? Chances are now you will face a consequence.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Added another rule! :0

The storyline rule is to cut down on all the spam filled roleplays. Most of the time, if the storyline is short, so are the posts. Its understandable if you're a newbie but, there's got to be a whole lot more than just a couple sentences. If you see any RP that has a one paragraph storyline and lots of one paragraph posts, feel free to PM me about it and I'll get it straightened out.

Keep in mind this rule isn't here to limit your creativity, if you think it is. I know you can stretch it out and get lots more things into the air than just a few sentences!

[EDIT] Added one more rule D8; Its now the same thing with storylines, profiles, and [Most importantly] posts!

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Added a new bit to the storyline rule! :eek: This is just for newbies to practice getting the hang of roleplaying. Just keep in mind that this does NOT go for premium members, YET. Once I see how this rule goes and, if I don't see it getting abused, I'll let premium members do this as well. But, for now:

You can make a roleplay with less than two paragraphs if you're NOT a premium member. You just have to say that it's a 'practice' roleplay at the very top, even if it's not a practice roleplay. If I don't see this at the very top and your storyline is less than two paragraphs, it WILL be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back