• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RPG Heroes Too Young?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azerty

Do you agree or disagree that RPG heroes are too young these days? At first, it didn't bother me that the heroes in RPGs would usually be around 17-19 years old. However, it didn't bother me until now, but Sora was 14 in the first Kingdom Hearts and I think that he was a little young to be traveling to different worlds and swinging around a giant key. Now, I'm getting tired of the teenage heroes these days and I think that RPGs could use some older heroes? What do you think about this issue? :confused:

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
naw you're never too young to save the world. lol anyways they do this stuff in more than just RPG's it happens in movies, video games in general and other things as well. it's been going on for a long time so naturally a lot of people would get used to it. personally i think the games are targeted for the age in which the main character is and most apply to teenager age so it makes sense then. however i will not agree that it is a bit overused but i like it this way and i think the game companies will think the same for RPG's.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I don't think that they are too young. I just think developers aren't writing these young characters correctly. They are making all identical. If they are not too emo, they are too hyper. If they are not too whiny, they are too stupid. If they are not too tough, they are too timid.

I've yet to see a recent young main male character that has good balance. I just think game developers just aren't being creative enough with these young heroes.

Azerty

I don't think that they are too young. I just think developers aren't writing these young characters correctly. They are making all identical. If they are not too emo, they are too hyper. If they are not too whiny, they are too stupid. If they are not too tough, they are too timid.

I've yet to see a recent young main male character that has good balance. I just think game developers just aren't being creative enough with these young heroes.

So you're saying that it's an issue with personality? :closedeyes:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^Yep. That's it. You hit the nail right on the head.

Soraox

ving young characters isnt really a bad thing but they should at least have more games with people that like older then 20 years

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Yeah I do think that characters in these games must be older as in 20+ because you know that when your fighting against some titanic boss or if you just beat the game you think; "whoa a kid can NOT do all that..........thats rediculous". On the other hand if your main character is a battle worn warior of old, then your good.

Heck maybe it's just me but im getting kinda sick of the whole "TEENAGE FRIENDSHIP IS THE ULTIMATE POWER" thing.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Most of the RPG's i play have people in there 30's going to 40's as main character.... just japan is weird with young people.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
A vast amount of RPG characters are young. What is Vaan, lke 17? Sora and Riku are no older than 16 and they go about killing people. It's all harsh, but that's just the theme of the stories. It's like seeing a loli girl as a GTA main character. It's just the way the genre is.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Nah, I don't think so. XD I love teenage RPG Heroes, and how awesomely cool they are. :D Plus, alot of the time, other teens can relate to them. and for me, it would make an RPG much more enjoyable, than playing with a 36 year old man, who barely ever talks at all, due to something 'traumatic' that happened in his past. T.T;

k.h.master41

i think you people are crazy
most people love the teenage main characters ( i loved yuna in FF 10-2) because it is easier to understand them
keep the old people in like sam in splinter cell but come on; who wants to play a game about a forty year old man with a giant key fighting for a forty year old girl and his forty year old friend w/ disney characters?
plus some of the teenagers characters (the girls, i don't know if the guys because i really son't care what guys look like)
are really hot!!!i.e. Rikku, Paine, and of course Yuna (her eyes are the best thing about her!!!) just not leblanc, cuz her hair is way to short! -lol-

Azerty

i think you people are crazy
most people love the teenage main characters ( i loved yuna in FF 10-2) because it is easier to understand them
keep the old people in like sam in splinter cell but come on; who wants to play a game about a forty year old man with a giant key fighting for a forty year old girl and his forty year old friend w/ disney characters?

First of all, use periods and/or commas to seperate your sentences. :toungesmile: Second of all, sure Sora was the right age for fighting with Disney characters, but most of the Disney characters he fought with are "adults" of some sort. I mean, the main hero doesn't have to be too old, but somewhere around his or her early 20s, or even late 20s would be fine with me. I'm just getting tired of seeing teenagers saving the world from destruction. I mean, Cloud was 21 and look how popular FF7 is today. Not to mention, characters in older Final Fantasy games (NES & SNES generation) are in their 20s and they did a great job of being the lead. :bored:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I'm just getting tired of seeing teenagers saving the world from destruction.

See: FFXII.

Oh wait, people think it sucks because it's... not an overtly cliche story.

Cecil was older, Bartz was probably a teenager, FFVI didn't have a main character but Terra was 20, I believe.

Azerty

See: FFXII.

Oh wait, people think it sucks because it's... not an overtly cliche story.

Cecil was older, Bartz was probably a teenager, FFVI didn't have a main character but Terra was 20, I believe.

I thought that Terra was the main character in FF6. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back