• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas's memory loss...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Was it ever explained why exactly Roxas lost his memory before he started living in the data-twilight town?

He seemed to remember everything perfectly fine (Well, not everything, but...) before his battle with Riku... Did DiZ do something? Did Riku hit him on the head a little hard? Did Xion have something to do with it?

I can't seem to recall that ever being explained, so I thought I'd ask

Youniquee

Awards
DiZ probably erased his memory for conveniency. If he still remembered things about the Organisation and Axel, Roxas would try to escape and cause trouble for them, therefore hindering Sora's restoration process. Besides, he'll also know that he was trapped in Data-twilight town before the time was right, yes?
I don't think it was fully explained either, but this is just my take on it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
DiZ ordered Naminé to alter Roxas' memories, essentially brainwashing him in order to keep him from rebelling and also to throw the Org off his tracks.
That was also a reason why Roxas smashed the computer in anger once he regained his memories, as he realized that he was kidnapped, brainwashed and again only used as a tool just like the Org had done before.

Awards
I don't think it was fully explained/confirmed, but its pretty much true that it was DiZ's doing (having Namine erase his memories) especially considering near the end of the game when DiZ/Ansem dies he says "And Roxas, I don't know if you can here me, but I am truely sorry."

Key Wielder

Awards
On the sixth day when Roxas begins remembering everything by the computer, we see a flashback from right after Riku kidnaps him. DiZ explains the necessity for erasing his memories there:

DiZ said:
"He holds half of Sora's power within him. In the end, he'll have to give it back. Until then, he'll need another personality to throw off his pursuers."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back