• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas's Dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRoxasNobody

When Roxas had dreams of Sora, it only showed Sora's memories from KH1. Did Roxas ever have dreams of Sora in Castle Oblivion in CoM? Thanks for responses.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora's Memories of CoM weren't things Namine tampered with. What leaked out were the Memories she either erased from Sora's Heart originally, or was trying to put together properly.

I don't think they leaked out, though it will certainly help explain Roxas wanting to leave the Organization if he saw what they put Sora through.
Still, doubtful.

Last edited:

Grey

^I thought that, too. Namine made Sora forget about his adventure in Castle Oblivion. When Roxas experienced the dreams, I expected it to be because Namine was doing a sort of 'playback' with the memories. Like, it took her the good part of a year to piece them together, then she had to replay them all in the correct order, so that they would become the memories Sora would recall.

That's how I always saw it. Therefore, Sora's memory up to the point where he reaches Castle Oblivion is intact, but beyond that point, the memory is gone.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
^I thought that, too. Namine made Sora forget about his adventure in Castle Oblivion. When Roxas experienced the dreams, I expected it to be because Namine was doing a sort of 'playback' with the memories. Like, it took her the good part of a year to piece them together, then she had to replay them all in the correct order, so that they would become the memories Sora would recall..

yeah, these were my thoughts also..

namine did say that while undoing the false memories in sora, she'll erase all the events that happened in CoM. ..that's why SDG was baffled about the line "Thank Namine".

it's kinda funny though how she needed a year to finish that,,

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Notice how at the part when Sora is walking up to CO, the screen gets fuzzy and blanks out. This is Namine's doing, making Roxas only remember what Sora could remember.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's a lot more explainable simply by Namine putting on the finishing touches rather than the Memories of CO not leaking to Roxas.
She didn't want Sora to remember them, so what was the point of putting them together after a year's worth of work?

it's kinda funny though how she needed a year to finish that,,

You do remember there's a whole freaking DS game that needs to be released that will explain this, right?

Blackwaltz25

The DS game 358/2 Days seems to tell about a little hiccup in the memory rewriting process for Namine. We've seen scenes where she's talking to AtW/Diz as well as Riku about something missing, and unless that something is returned Sora can't regain his memories properly. I'm guessing it has something to do with the creation of Xion and the fact it takes a year to rewrite Sora's memories is because of the amount of time it took Riku to find and collect this missing piece whatever it may be.

DarkRoxasNobody

I have one more question. Does Roxas ever have a dream where Sora was inside the egg/flower pod inside the Mansion in Twilight Town? But I guess not because Roxas would have found Sora in there a long time ago right?

Bakerboy

^^^ I don't think Sora knew he was in Twilight Town Mansion - I sure as heck didn't. Remember DiZ moved him there from Castle Oblivion, and, seeing as how Sora went to sleep in Castle Oblivion and had all of those memories erased, Roxas could never have seen those in the dreams since those memories weren't with Sora.

Now what I'm curious about is what exactly did happen to those memories of Castle Oblivion - are they just in Sora's heart still? Afterall, Namine told Sora memories can't be "erased" but the chains can be unlinked or something to that effect - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Grey

^^^ I don't think Sora knew he was in Twilight Town Mansion - I sure as heck didn't. Remember DiZ moved him there from Castle Oblivion, and, seeing as how Sora went to sleep in Castle Oblivion and had all of those memories erased, Roxas could never have seen those in the dreams since those memories weren't with Sora.

Now what I'm curious about is what exactly did happen to those memories of Castle Oblivion - are they just in Sora's heart still? Afterall, Namine told Sora memories can't be "erased" but the chains can be unlinked or something to that effect - correct me if I'm wrong, though.

This appears to be the case. I'm willing to bet those unlinked memories will be important eventually; otherwise, Chain of Memories might as well have been just Riku's story, with something to preoccupy Sora for a year thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back