• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas's body.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Alew

One subject that comes and go in the forums is the projected shell/ projected body/ walking heart theory.

For those of you that doesn't know it yet (like me a few months ago) this theory explain that the Sora at the end of KH, all KH CoM and the Prologue of KHII it's an existence consisting of a heart that thanks to Kairi's magic can project a body and that Sora's real body isn't back until Roxas merge with him in KHII.

Well, I have my doubts. What if is the other way around? What if the "projected shell" it's actually Roxas? In my opinion this makes more sense. Think of this: Kairi use her Princess Hug on Sora's Heartless purifying his heart, pulling back Sora's body from the depths of darkness and recompleting our hero as a whole. However, two Nobodies later named Roxas and Naminé were already created at this point. Kairi's body and soul never left the realm of light, she retained her body, yet she have a nobody... Of course I know that her case are pretty special (and unexplained) but that's precisely what makes me think this, if Naminé can have a body in such exceptional circumstances and yet still linked (and eventually returned) to Kairi, why can't Roxas physical presence be a similar case?

I hope that I explained my opinion correctly and please let me know what you think about this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sora's heart projecting the image of his body, and not Kairi's magic? I think the only thing Kairi did to Sora was cleanse his heart of the darkness and managed to turn him back into a (incomplete) human.

Assuming my line of thinking is correct, then what projected the image of Roxas' body? And based on what? Say, if it were Ventus' heart that split from Sora's, it should have projected his image, not that of someone that looks like him. Unless, of course, Sora's and Ven's memories were somehow affected after the split and the projection of Roxas' body is a messed up version of Sora's and Ventus' (don't know if I explained myself correctly xD).

Anagram

Banned
Keep in mind projected shell is a fan interruption of the event. Exactly what was done to Soras heartless by Kairi to make him human again is never defined. It's mostly a theory based around how Riku projected his image a few times in Kh1 even though it was obviously more ghostly or unstable. (like how he's transparent or has issue holding the image)

It is defined however that Roxas had the body & soul of Sora this his status as the nobody.
At work and lunch is almost over so can't really pull the sources, there's plenty others that can though. (some of the confirmation is in the kh2 reports I think)

To be honest though your idea would make far more sense. One of those many fan ideas that would make a simpler story while remaining true to lore. Seeing so many ideas like this makes me a bit sad since it just shows Nomora could've done all this shit way simpler using the lore he's actually made. Oh well.

I mean really Nomura. If Namine can be made from. Itching why couldn't Roxas?

Hirokey123

Awards
Eh I think it was left pretty clear that it's not the other way around, we also have a direct statement from Nomura on the matter.

1: Why do Roxas and Ventus look alike?
Because inside Sora, which is Roxas’ body, is Ventus’s heart.

There it is pretty much plain as day Roxas's body is Sora's and within that body was Ven's heart. And it's important to realize that Namine is special precisely because Roxas is normal in this respect. Both Roxas and Namine were born from Sora's body and soul because Sora lost two hearts at the exact same time. It's because his body returned to darkness and was reborn as a Nobody that both of them came into being one for each heart. Understandably Sora's Nobody got priority on Sora's bits so that left Namine with nothing and she's cited to be an extremely rare case unlike any other Nobody because she's not actually even a true Nobody, she's a Nobody that failed to become a Nobody. Roxas on the other hand is almost a perfectly regular Nobody but he was born with a heart so in reality he was born a complete person the exact reverse of Namine. It's even reflected in their designs Roxas's design is much like Sora's it's very complex and overly designed while Namine is the opposite she's intentionally minimalistic to reflect her phantom nature.

Master Alew

Well if it's explicitly stated in an official source that Roxas's physical body it's in fact Sora's then my ship already sank. In any case thank you all for your opinions, it was a short but very fulfilling debate :-D (and like Anagram I love that Roxas-Naminé parallel too).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seeing so many ideas like this makes me a bit sad since it just shows Nomora could've done all this shit way simpler using the lore he's actually made. Oh well.

Seeing the frequency of which this happens as well as the frequency of Nomura taking the most complicated route possible I'm actually suspecting that it is not like Nomura cannot do it any simpler, but that he does not want to do it simpler. <__<

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Seeing the frequency of which this happens as well as the frequency of Nomura taking the most complicated route possible I'm actually suspecting that it is not like Nomura cannot do it any simpler, but that he does not want to do it simpler. <__<

Hopefully the next saga features a complicated plot and characters executed in a not-so-complicated to understand nature. xD

Anagram

Banned

Hopefully he's just blinded and the surrounding staff is just to nice to point out his mess. That way we might, just might, get lucky and a blunt person joins his staff. >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back