• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas Project 2008 [WIP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ just out of curiosity how long does this take to make? i know a few people that make stuff on Photoshop and they say like one signature might take them like 5+ hours. i dont have the programs to make it but i always found it interesting...

obviously its not easy to do but how do you do it? lol im always amazed at this stuff lol

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Hehe. 3D is really time demanding. A lot of the progress includes testing and failing, fixing and tweaking untill you get what you want.

I dont know how intensive I will be working with Roxas, but I want to complete him as soon as possible... so I estimate about 4 weeks, till I am geting close to something?
Hehe I cant really tell.

You can watch this video, a nice timelapse how you shape and work with 3D.
YouTube - timelapse modelling 01
And this one is really nice as well: YouTube - Fat Dragon Timelapse 3D Modeling

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Re: Roxas Project 2008 [WIP#03]

roxas_wip03.jpg

- gave most parts of his jackets some thickness. I really hope I wont regret on that when Im going to simulate cloth on him >_<;
- Worked out a few textures and bump maps to his jacket
- Redid his zipper to a texture instead of actual model. Im not sure how that will look like when its closing in to an end.. but for now I think its wise to stay as lowpoly as possible.

Still it isnt so much to look at. I noticed a minor strange shape on his hand which must be corrected.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
wow that's really really amazing... it looks like it must of taken a lot of time just to do that. i'm looking forward to seeing how it will turn out. good luck on your project ! =D

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Next step! I sacrificed all kind of saturday social communication with my friends, colleagues and cute girls for this one. >_<;
Anyways I think it was worth it.^^ Here is the main difference between the Sora model and the upcomming Roxas model:
roxas_wip04.jpg

Shaders and details! click here to see large picture: http://newageninjas.com/suteki/wip/roxas_wip04xxl.jpg
It took me quite alot of time to make a good texture for bump maps to add the nice small details which defines the materials much better.

Speaking of materials, I cant quite tell what kind of cloth his inner jacket (the black one) consist of. I've seen some indication of... glossy plastic alike material. But Im not sure. For now, Ive given him a more default cloth material.
Looking for feedback of what you think.

ansemcontainer

Next step! I sacrificed all kind of saturday social communication with my friends, colleagues and cute girls for this one. >_<;
Anyways I think it was worth it.^^ Here is the main difference between the Sora model and the upcomming Roxas model:
roxas_wip04.jpg

Shaders and details! click here to see large picture: http://newageninjas.com/suteki/wip/roxas_wip04xxl.jpg
It took me quite alot of time to make a good texture for bump maps to add the nice small details which defines the materials much better.

Speaking of materials, I cant quite tell what kind of cloth his inner jacket (the black one) consist of. I've seen some indication of... glossy plastic alike material. But Im not sure. For now, Ive given him a more default cloth material.
Looking for feedback of what you think.

lol i think you meant upcoming "sora" model not upcoming roxas model....

your textures are amazing!i really! i mean i really cant wait for the final product... how long will the animation be?

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
ansemcontainer:

^^; Nonono.. I meant what I said. I did Sora last year, without any details, such as shader, spesific materials, seams and all that kind of stuff. This one is the Roxas model, which is "comming up" ^^; Sorry for the confusion.

Anyways Thanks for your comment :)
If anyone know something about the material type of his in inner jacket, except it is black, please let me know!
material.jpg

Here is a crappy webcam picture of some jackets I had lying around. The left one is plain with similar details as in wip file #4
The other one is rather... hmm leatherish.. plastic, with different cloth pattern. Its hard to see it, but Im still unsure of what kind of garment he is wearing xP

Blue

home is where the heart is
Oh wow,this looks absolutely amazing!

But,it's still not finished,isn't it?

Blue

home is where the heart is
He's currently looking very much like Roxas <3

But I will tell you as soon as I see something wrong,of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back