• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas Project 2008 [WIP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Heya!
I figured out I would make a thread to my progress on another KH project Im currently diving myself into at the moment.
It started when I had this urge stop slacking and do something productiv-ly instead. I decided to give it a shot on modeling Roxas from KH2 ^^

roxas_wip01.jpg

First picture of my progress so far. I will upload more of them as the time goes and if there are any development to show.
So far, I think I got his arms pretty much correct, almost finished with them if I might say.I have made most of the basic elements of him done as you can see. However it all needs lots of details added to, which I will be focusing on from now on.
Im really not looking forward to do his hair, since I not yet have a good way or method for doing good looking hair. If any of you have seen the sora model I did last year, his hair was really... umm... nah..I just dont want to do that kind of hair again. Too time demanding and it doesnt even look good.

Im aiming to archive the same level of feeling and quality as the original KH 3D render:
kh_goal02.jpg

--and additional to that, I also want to create a 3d model showreel of him, in some pose.
Its a huge project, and a long shot (for me), and it might take months, but I hope I will manage, because I really want to make Roxas ^^

Anyways, come back once in a while when Im updated more pictures of the progres!
-mog -.-

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Just a minor update on his jackets
Im not really sure what kind of zipper he uses, but I think it looks like something like this xD

roxas_wip02.jpg

However, still not so much to look at yet. I hope he wont be too much hassle to work on >_<;

Vicodin

relative power
Stuff is amazing, as always.

Do you plan on making 3d images that show movement in the future, or just static?

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Thanks for comments so far *^^* Dont hold anything back if you see something which is wrong in the progress!

Vicodin: You mean like making an animation of him? ^^ I will be doing that as well as a part of my project. It will include character movement, facial animation and cloth simulation (extremely hard ;_;).
That was my goal with sora as well, however he was way too complex and difficult to rig due to all his clothes and accessories and belts he was wearing. Hopefully Roxas clothes will be much more easier to work with ^^ Time will tell...

Blue

home is where the heart is
Wow that's really great!I can't wait to see the result ^_^

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
Hey, do you reckon you'd be able to make the hair individual strands rather than huge chunks? That'd add a lot of realism to the render.

But hey, great work so far!

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com
BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW.

I take 3D classes, and I can honestly say that shit is just impossible. How the hell you managed to do that, HOW THE HELL ANY 3D ANIMATION LOOKS THE WAY IT DOES, I haven't the slightest. Your Roxas is looking awesome, so far.

Do you mind telling me what program you use? Is it Maya? I'm also curious to know which technique you went about creating the hands, they look totally spot on.

Well done again. <3

Subtly Inspiring
Pretty sweet model.
Can't wait to see what it looks like when you add the materials/textures.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Looks great! Hope it all works for you!

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Hey, do you reckon you'd be able to make the hair individual strands rather than huge chunks? That'd add a lot of realism to the render.

But hey, great work so far!
Thank you!
Thats an option indeed :3 But... Nah... I think it will look too realistic, compared to the rest. I must try to keep it sem realistic along with the original KH style. But I can promise you, I wont do hairchunks this time, because roxas's hair is way more complicated than Soras.

For those of you who wondered what programs I use. I stick to Autodesks 3D studio Max software for the 3D part. Later on I will use Photoshop to make textures and stuff.

Ojike: Hehe a full animation movie about roxas? HMm ^^; If everything up to that point goes as planned, then I might do it. I wouldnt mind making it, but its going to be painful long nights on me then ;_;

Thanks again for comments, Im glad that so many are looking forward to see more ^^
I will post more WIP's as soon I feel there is progress to show xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back