• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas, no.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaplen14

Okay.
What if.. Roxas has everything on his plate.

I predict in the end that Roxas may have to save Sora...
But, I feel that its not that easy.
Axel's in danger, he recalls Xion's memory, Namine needs help, there is finally a connection to Ven, a connection that makes him long for Aqua, and Terra.

What would he do?

Roxas is important, but why? Is he our only hope.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
At this point, I think that either Kairi or Roxas will be our second playable character in the game (if there’s only one.) Nomura has said that Roxas is the game’s utmost secret and he has also said that revealing the other playable character would be a major story spoiler. One could easily figure that these comments might go hand-in-hand.

Either way, Roxas will likely play a critical role during this game. I could see him taking over for Sora at one point if he’s incapacitated somehow. He would certainly fit into that reluctant hero type if he is called upon to step up. I could also see him ending up as a Xehanort vessel, but I’m hoping that doesn’t happen since we’ve already seen him fight against both Sora and Riku. I’d like them to all fight on the same side for a change.

shady543

Awards
roxas yes

Got to agree with Zip here. I'm now betting and honestly 90% sure now it's Roxas who is the second playable character, the 10% being Kairi. The fact that he is top secret to the point we aren't getting any info on him and all that really does link together. All his cut-scenes may be a story spoiler probably. The secret could be that he is a guardian of light, but that really isn't that much more of a secret than Aqua getting norted tbh. I'm also happy I'm not alone in thinking that maybe we have to play as him at one point because of something happening to Sora, although it better not be norted. DAMMIT SORA YOU HAD ONE JOB :\

I wonder if he would team up with someone or go solo. Actually if what I'm thinking is correct does that mean he would go with Donald and Goofy lol.

there is the possibility though that nomura could go full plot twist on us and we get a playable character that is unexpected. Although the only unexpected main playable characters I can think of are ether Lea, young Eraqus or Mickey or one of the SOD/norted....

Last edited:

Megavoltage

Awards
If Roxas is playable think he'll still have two keyblades? That's his trademark but now that the Sora heart hotel is finally getting separated maybe that ability is dead.

shady543

Awards
nah sora still has the kitchen sink to set free yet and ven still needs a way out somehow

But yeah I'm also hoping it's duel wielding. We only ever got it for like one scene in both games. I want to play as duel wield roxas for real lol. But if Xion gets saved then he will probably lose that ability. :\

Megavoltage

Awards
Now you have me thinking about Xion. Will she still be able to conjure her original fake keyblade? Or get a new one from Yensid like everyone else is doing? Will she even have a part in the light vs dark clash? Will she get Norted?

I have a vague idea of what all the characters will be doing in this game... except for Xion. I just have no idea what her role will be.

mytomxxx

I wish we play with Kairi too tho =/ , she would work great in a tutorial level, and she is Kairi hehe.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
nah sora still has the kitchen sink to set free yet and ven still needs a way out somehow

But yeah I'm also hoping it's duel wielding. We only ever got it for like one scene in both games. I want to play as duel wield roxas for real lol. But if Xion gets saved then he will probably lose that ability. :\
I don't think this will be an issue, as this was only a problem because Xion was siphoning parts of Sora's memories, and was also siphoning Ventus' ability to wield the Keyblade. When she returned to Sora, restoring parts of his memory, the ability to wield Ven's Keyblade passed back to Roxas, who in turn passed it to Sora.

(I had to read a bit of the KH Wiki regarding Synch Blade to remember how this worked, so it might not be 100% accurate, but that's at least the gist of it.)

So if Xion is saved and becomes her own person, the ability for Sora and Roxas to dual-wield will be unaffected - whether Xion will be able to wield a Keyblade at all after the fact is questionable. But if they attempt to explain, it may just end up muddying the water further.
We're likely going to lose the ability to dual-wield in Kingdom Hearts III; the potential came from carrying Ven's heart, therefore carrying his Keyblade as well. Once Ventus' heart leaves Sora and is restored to his body, his Keyblade will leave with it, leaving Sora (and likely Roxas) with just his own. Unless they shoehorn in an excuse like "oh, because he's done it once he can do it whenever now."

shady543

Awards
Ah riiiiiight that makes sense. I'm somewhat actually hoping they come up with a reason for Roxas not to lose the ability since duel wielding has always been his trade-mark and we haven't really had an opportunity to really play as him with two keyblades. I wonder what the excuse was of him being able to use both before BBS and Days existed. :\

Also I've also been hearing that the second playable character isn't really a spoiler and more that they can't be shown until a later trailer for story purposes, so whether Roxas still applies to that since apparently he may not even appear in any trailers, I'm still unsure. But it just seems fitting that the top secret of KH3 would be the second playable character though, unless Roxas is somehow a bigger secret than that and if thats true it's honestly worrying. It could still be Kairi considering we always had a dive to the heart segment in mainline games and Kairi is the only character I think of who is the most fitting. Other playable options I can think of are Riku (which was obvious before but not so much now), Lea which I highly doubt, Aquanort, Terra wherever the diddly he is, sorry Ven doubt its you, YX, young Eraqus or Vanitas. :\

Ether way I'd rather not know who the playable character is until I actually play the game and find out for myself, so if they do reveal it in a trailer than that's gonna be hard to avoid. >.>

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean if Riku is NOT the second trailer, why would they promote him as much as SDG? Him and Mickey are on a lot of posters and banners. One could argue that that's just becsude he's a fan favorite but in that case they can just as well put everyone else on there. Furthermore, in most of the story summaries of KH3, SDG and RM are mentioned exclusively. I'm sure it's him (unfortunately, since I'd love to play as Kairi or Roxas more)

shady543

Awards
Because this is Nomura and he seems to love plot twists, I wouldn't put it past him to not have Riku or Kairi playable. :\

redcrown

Awards
Because this is Nomura and he seems to love plot twists, I wouldn't put it past him to not have Riku or Kairi playable. :\

If Riku doesn't get to be playable for at least a small segment, or doesn't get his side of the story in KH3 shown enough besides what we've already seen, I would seriously consider whether or not to buy the game. He is the deuteragonist after all, with more depth and development than the actual protagonist.

Megavoltage

Awards
If Riku doesn't get to be playable for at least a small segment, or doesn't get his side of the story in KH3 shown enough besides what we've already seen, I would seriously consider whether or not to buy the game. He is the deuteragonist after all, with more depth and development than the actual protagonist.
I really like Riku, he's great. But him getting such huge attention for characterization and was also recently playable in DDD(arguably as the main hero in this game since Sora needed saving) are both reasons for him to NOT be playable in KH3, in my opinion. It's time to share the spotlight and role of Playable Character with the others that are finally waking up after years of stagnation. I still want Riku to be hugely involved in the story! Again, I really like him! I want lots of Riku dialogue and cutscenes and helping in fights and plot importance. But playable? No thanks.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I really like Riku, he's great. But him getting such huge attention for characterization and was also recently playable in DDD(arguably as the main hero in this game since Sora needed saving) are both reasons for him to NOT be playable in KH3, in my opinion. It's time to share the spotlight and role of Playable Character with the others that are finally waking up after years of stagnation. I still want Riku to be hugely involved in the story! Again, I really like him! I want lots of Riku dialogue and cutscenes and helping in fights and plot importance. But playable? No thanks.

I agree completely.
KH3D was basically Riku's game, with Sora playable along the way. Riku got the final boss, and more of the Disney worlds were weighed in his favor for actually accomplishing goals. Like, so much so that as a Sora fan it almost got frustrating how much he was kind of made to run around doing pointless junk to fill time while Riku did the "important" stuff.
Riku has definitely become a great character, and I have grown to love him a lot. He went from the lowest of the low on my crap list to being pretty high up there in my good graces, which is hard to do. So I definitely want him to be around, but he has definitely had his time to shine. Now the other characters need their chance to round themselves out.
I am a huge Kairi fan because I can relate to her the most, and it makes me sad when people dismiss her character because of lack of screen time. I am hoping she gets a chance to do more and I think making her playable for a section or two will go a long ways towards helping that. I don't think Riku's character being playable will have a similar benefit.
I think whoever is playable should be not only advancing the plot, but rounding out some needed development holes in a character who needs it.
一石二鳥, right? Or something like that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can only agree with Megavoltage.

As great as Riku is, we have certainly about a dozen characters at hand right now who need the spotlight way more than him, especially since many of those were put out of the picture solely for plot/drama reasons for several years (and what they seem to be doing again with Aqua now) or because of outright neglect by the writing team (Kairi).

Of course a character doesn't need to be strictly fully playable to get satisfying attention by the narrative, but that certainly goes even double so for Riku himself as well.

There is lots of rightful criticism about how Nomura & co. handle such a big cast of characters, yet one viable way to do juggle a bigger cast of characters effectively is to not focus on the same characters every time.
It is correct that you cannot focus equally on the entire extended cast due to both logistic reasons and for the sake of keeping track, but you can focus on a different subset of characters every time. Riku had his big shining focus arc in DDD as even the main protagonist, so he doesn't need to take absolute center stage yet again.

mytomxxx

If Riku is not playable, he need at least to have much screen time, explaining what he is doing, cause he became a protagonist close to what Sora is, and by the trailers we see he are doing pretty important stuff. Would be kinda weird if he appear only one time or another.

Other thing is, even if we have another playable character, example if it is Riku, doesn't mean he will get too many focus. Roxas in KH2 is playable, but after that he kinda disappears, feeling like he only is there for tutorial and nothing else.

I wonder how Nomura will manage to deal with so many important character this time tho.

Obs: I would like to have feedback about my grammar, I'm not a english person so I don't know if I'm writing ok.

Last edited:

Platinum End

It would actually be cool as someone has said if Sora had been incapacitated and has led to the introduction of a Roxas playthrough to save him. And it would be cool af if Roxas was playable and had party members of Donald and Goofy. That would be the selling point right there.

Megavoltage

Awards
I would love it if Roxas had a big moment of heroism and saved Sora. And it would be interesting to see him travel with Donald and Goofy, he had very little to do with Disney characters in Days, time for him to mingle.

Awards
I would love it if Roxas had a big moment of heroism and saved Sora. And it would be interesting to see him travel with Donald and Goofy, he had very little to do with Disney characters in Days, time for him to mingle.

Especially since he IS his own person just like Sora told him, so his interaction with Donald and Goofy would have a different synergy. He might have Sora's memories and know all the relevant details, but his own perspective would be unique. As well as that, I can see D&G being unsure how to treat him. He's not their buddy Sora, but he's part of him. There's also the thing where he was part of Org13 even if he did quit but I don't think they'd hold that against him.

I'd actually be curious as to how he'd react with Sora's friends when Sora isn't around. We got to see Sora make friends with HPO and there was that whole thing where Sora got enough of Roxas' feelings about them to the point that he even cried when he left, the big baby. So having it the other way around would be interesting.

If nothing else, I'd love to see that interaction whether or not Roxas is the 2nd playable character. If it's from a 3rd person's POV that's be fine too.

Especially if it's Lea, I know so many rabid shippers that want the bromance to come back.

Actually tbh there needs to be more Sora/Lea interaction in general. The longest conversation Sora had with him was while Axel was dying. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back