• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

roxas dual-wielding in kh3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tempo

Awards
hey gamers can you remind me of something lore related?
is it Canon that roxas can still dualwield in kh3 bc "he has his own heart and his simulation self's heart", or something like that??? like did nomura officially state that in an ultimania or some other interview, or is there some other reason or is it still currently unexplained? if it's basically "rule of cool" that's fine with me i'm just trying to recall if there was an official reason

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering how KH III seems to throw much of established lore into the wind or ignore it the explanation "rule of cool" would probably be sufficient.

Originally there was the lore-based rule that dual-wielding is only possible for people who have two hearts within them. This applied to Roxas originally with either Sora's heart (to which he's closely connected) and Ventus' or with his own newborn heart plus Ventus'.

Sora could do it because of having his own and Ventus' heart.

In contrast Mickey, despite owning two Keyblades with Kingdom Key D and Starseeker he could never wield them together at the same time.

In KH III since Keyblade transformations are a thing dual-wielding could also be explained with it, like it being a single Keyblade split into two weapons, different looking or not.

An official explanation doesn't exists though but I am not surprised about that since the return of the suffering characters was more or less treated as a side thing anyways crammed into the series of final battles and not given much attention beyond some lip service and one or two scenes.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My head canon is that the Replica body is using Roxas’ heart and Data to recreate them, like how Xion does. Also from what we’ve seen, Replica Keyblades work the same as real ones.

Back