• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas and Naminè the MVPs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
While I'm trying to figure out what makes Roxas such a super duper secret (which I'm hoping isn't being a Nort, cause that in itself can be predictable), it's truthfully him who hasn't been fully shown. We've only seen the back of his head, dual wielding, and he may or may not be the one pointing the Kingdom Key at Lea.

Naminè practically doesn't exist in any of these trailers, thanks Nomura. The only thing we got is the allusion to her with Twilight Town's mansion curtains in the scene with Ansem the Wise (makes me wonder if he's going to play a part in her return to make up for his actions pertaining to her). She's even more hidden than super duper secret Roxas. I just wish Kairi can at least mention her. Again, the focus on male relationships take presence with Sora barking on how he wants to bring Roxas back all over the place, yet nothing on Kairi's thoughts about her own Nobody (or shadow, whatever Naminè actually is).

Away from Nomura's dismal and annoying preference for male relationships and trios (to the point of bias) though, I'm going to hesitantly give him the benefit of the doubt as to why Naminè's existence isn't shown. There must be something he has going for her, or he would be better off not putting her on the cover. Which is preferable than people wondering where the hell she is. Could have put in the Rikus in her place at this rate.

But while we can all make fun that she's alone, I feel I'm the only one who doesn't see it that way. Mickey is also standing by himself at the top, mirroring Naminè at the bottom. Donald and Goofy are at a distance from him despite that they are a "trio", which goes against every other trio being close to one another. Naminè's position is also weird. She's at a place where she can direct attention to herself on the cover, and she's surrounded by two other trios specifically that if she stands or moved an arm, could reach them. She's also lined right under Roxas.

Basically, she might be the key to aid in those two trios, being that she's inherently powerful with her memory abilities.

Or her and Roxas are going to appear to help in their respective original self's darkest hours. This implies Kairi has her own thing going on, which I hope. If not, Roxas and Naminè help Sora.

Either way, it's her, Roxas, and/or Terra/Lingering Will that can provide support with things looking bleak.

It'd be pretty cool the blonds come in to wreck things.

Unless people have other ideas.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine's in this game has always been that she is not a keyblade wielder in a universe where you need one to be relevant. On the hero side she is taking a backseat to a lot of people.

If you are optimistic you can say Namine posses unique power that Nomura can weave into the plot to make her as important as the other heros.

If you are a pessimism than you can say Namine is just going to be backscreen filler after she is reborn.

shady543

Awards
With all the hype around Roxas, at this point I'm really starting to believe he is a wild card, especially with what was said about him in big hero 6. It seemed like it was foreshadowing of Roxas helping Sora in a time of need. I honestly think that Roxas will appear when Sora is alone with no friends and maybe the two will get them back in Cable Town or something. Ether way, something seems really fishy especially considering Nomura said the playable character can't be shown because it's a spoiler, and Riku being playable in the ROD is nowhere near spoiler territory. At this point I'm really starting to believe there is another playable character and we could be playing as Roxas at one point when everyone dies or whatever the heck happened during that scene. I still stand by that him 'being the biggest secret of KH3' really sounds like playable character territory or unexpected saving Sora wild card territory, or even both.

As for Namine and Terra, its interesting that those two and Roxas have hardly been shown. Considering Namine is on the cover I do hope and think she will be important for something endgame considering her powerful abilities. If not then why put her on the cover. Its honestly frustrating the way she gets treated because she was such a great character in COM.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine's in this game has always been that she is not a keyblade wielder in a universe where you need one to be relevant. On the hero side she is taking a backseat to a lot of people.

If you are optimistic you can say Namine posses unique power that Nomura can weave into the plot to make her as important as the other heros.

If you are a pessimism than you can say Namine is just going to be backscreen filler after she is reborn.

Pessimism is better than hoping imo, keeps expectations low.

But the Keyblade wielder thing is also left in the air, because Kairi is a wielder now. Roxas could wield the Keyblade because he's Sora's Nobody. Naminé by association of being so connected to her will be able to do likewise. I would choke if she suddenly has a Keyblade pop up in her hand. I'm torn if that would be OP.

With all the hype around Roxas, at this point I'm really starting to believe he is a wild card, especially with what was said about him in big hero 6. It seemed like it was foreshadowing of Roxas helping Sora in a time of need. I honestly think that Roxas will appear when Sora is alone with no friends and maybe the two will get them back in Cable Town or something. Ether way, something seems really fishy especially considering Nomura said the playable character can't be shown because it's a spoiler, and Riku being playable in the ROD is nowhere near spoiler territory. At this point I'm really starting to believe there is another playable character and we could be playing as Roxas at one point when everyone dies or whatever the heck happened during that scene. I still stand by that him 'being the biggest secret of KH3' really sounds like playable character territory or unexpected saving Sora wild card territory, or even both.

As for Namine and Terra, its interesting that those two and Roxas have hardly been shown. Considering Namine is on the cover I do hope and think she will be important for something endgame considering her powerful abilities. If not then why put her on the cover. Its honestly frustrating the way she gets treated because she was such a great character in COM.

You understand ;-;.

How the Rikus are shown before her is madness, Nomura must not give a damn about her because she isn't in some trio :c. Oh well.

I think she's the best developed female character (I gave my reasons in some other thread, but it doesn't fit here), whose life was just as tragic, but isn't defined completely by that tragedy. In other words, she's not a walking sob story. I like that. For the same reason I adore/love Larxene for being a breath of fresh air and different personality wise, even if it is negative.

It's also funny that Naminé and Terra are the only ones kept mum when they were the ones who actually spoke in the First Breath concert. I mean, at this point in time, I'm not going to go wild with theories about Naminé's hand in the game in case it'll end up disappointing, more so because her powers have the ability to legit, help everyone involved, and it's a gravely missed chance to not use it in any merit. The only other option is to make some other convoluted aspect up when you have basically all the plot device you need in Naminé that can possibly make more sense, lol.

What I wish, and I may be gripping at straws, is that if Roxas appears in Sora's darkest hour, then depending on Kairi's role, I want Naminé to be her stand. KH is a sausage fest as is, we need more female/female interaction and relationships. If we keep getting so much attachment to Roxas by Sora, the least the trailers can do is have Kairi mention the poor girl.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I do agree that Namine is one of the best-written characters. I feel COM in isolation is one of the stronger games of the series in terms of telling a clean story which obviously helps Namine's case out.

I just think she will fall victim to the numbers game of there being so many game original characters that will play a role in the series that she will be on the bench most of the game. Even on the women side Aqua/Kairi will get the bulk of the attention and then Xion is probably ahead of Namine as well.

I will be glad to be wrong because she is great but I think her role is going to be A) Get Revived B) Have a sweet moment with Kairi/Sora/Roxas/Riku C) Move to work with Ienzo in the labs studying memory or some nonsense so they can say she is helping out but off screen.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh boy, if Roxas is playable instead of Kairi, that's going to be a very decisive decision.

I think you mean "divisive" decision.
From what I've witnessed here and in some other parts of the net I have a suspicion that any other playable character that isn't Kairi will be met with some division and sour reactions.

Some people are so fixated on this aspect just like with the whole "more Disney worlds" one that it can only end in disappointment and probably some misgivings down the line.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As my favorite character of the series, my boi Roxas was going to be the MVP of this game for me regardless. It's going to take all my willpower not to speed rush the game just to get to the Roxas stuff, because KHIII looks beautiful, and I want to take my time to take in the backgrounds, the scenery, the disney magic, and the gameplay. Still I'm itching to know what super duper role Roxas is going to play. Can't wait XD

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
As my favorite character of the series, my boi Roxas was going to be the MVP of this game for me regardless. It's going to take all my willpower not to speed rush the game just to get to the Roxas stuff, because KHIII looks beautiful, and I want to take my time to take in the backgrounds, the scenery, the disney magic, and the gameplay. Still I'm itching to know what super duper role Roxas is going to play. Can't wait XD

I feel the same way, especially since Roxas exudes badass and I'm pretty sure it's going to continue in KH3, but like...what's up with my girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back