• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Router help!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MARLUXIA1

I have a question, if theres a "wireless router", theres a "wire router" rigth? Can some1 answer this question, because I need to know so that I can play in "Wi-Fi".

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
I don't quite understand what it is that you ask.

The difference between a fully wired router (no wireless) and a wireless router... is that the wireless router (most often) has both wired AND wireless capabilities..

If you've got a wireless router period, it shouldn't really matter. It will allow connections from both wirelesss devices and wired ones.

Securing the network, however... is much more difficult with wireless networks than pure wired networks.

So in short:
Wired Routers: Do not have wireless capabilities.
Wireless Routers: Have both wired AND wireless capabilities.. (Almost all, anyways.)

~~Azzy

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
And if you get a wireless router then you'd better secure it, otherwise other people around you can steal it. . .and that's bad, one thing you could do is just input the Mac address into the router, that way only things that have that address, or more that you put in, can use it. Everyone else is locked out.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
I have a question, if theres a "wireless router", theres a "wire router" rigth? Can some1 answer this question, because I need to know so that I can play in "Wi-Fi".

yea ur question is kinda confusing, but if u wanna know how to play in/with Wi-Fi, then u need a wireless network, thus u need a wireless router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back