• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Romeo x Juliet

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
OMG, I cannot believe that NO ONE has posted a thread for this Anime! If you enjoyed reading Romeo & Juliet or just enjoy tragic love stories, then Romeo x Juliet is for you!

Description:
Lord Montague organizes a coup d'etat against the Capulet family. In the end, he manages to kill the entire Capulet family including Lady and Lord Capulet. Little does he know, those serving under the Capulet family manage to save Juliet, thus becoming the sole survivor of the Capulet family.

Juliet, up until her sixteenth birthday, has been living as a teenage boy named Odin, who now lives in William Shakespeare's home.

When her sixteenth birthday arrives, the truth about her past, and who she is, is finally revealed. It is now her duty to go against the Montague family who are now ruling Neo Verona.

Just like the orginal play, Romeo and Juliet meet and eventually discover their love for each other. Little do they know, a cruel fate is bound to be bestowed upon them.

With a butt kicking Juliet, and a Romeo who thinks of other things than just girls, this anime is sure to please. There are some new twists thrown on old characters, as well as new ones being introduced, such as William Shakespeare himself. Overall, the anime has fight scenes, witty moments, and of course, romance.

And for all the girls out there...TYBALT IS GOD.

Theme Song:
INORI ~you raise me up by Lena Park

Urunda hitomi no oku ni
Kawaranu kimi no sugata
Doko made sekai wa tsuzuku no?
Todaeta hibi no kotoba

Kogoeru arashi no yoru mo
Mada minu kimi e tsuzuku
Oshiete umi wataru kaze
Inori wa toki o koeru

Inori wa toki o koeru

潤んだ瞳の奥に
変わらぬ君の姿
どこまで世界は続くの?
途絶えた日々の言葉

凍える嵐の夜も
まだ見ぬ君へ続く
教えて 海渡る風
祈りは時を越える

祈りは時を越える

-This is just the TV version of the song...the single is said to be released on June 28th :D

NOTE:
You can find episodes on Veoh and you can also download them at the RxJ community on Live Journal!

ONTO THE DISCUSSION!

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
While we were reading Romeo and Juliet in my 9th grade English class, I had wondered what it would be like in anime form. I may check it out sometime.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
It's beautiful, it really is. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not loving this more... I haven't watched this since episode 4. I know what's going on, though, and it looks like it's already heading slowly towards a climax.

And I do love the opening song... true, it's just the Japanese version of You Raise Me Up, but Lena Park sings this wonderfully. :3

Kazuhiko Inoue is hilarious as William. XD But Okiayu Ryuutarou is... Okiayu Ryuutarou. Smex on a stick. Kind of like that. ;D

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
I've only saw the first episode of this but already I can feel the love for this anime coming on to me lol xD
The trailer was awesome & I luv the theme song.I was never a big fan of Romeo & Juliet [i fell asleep actually in English class becuz of it] but I guess I like the simple ideal of the tragic love story.

Darnit,I need to watch more >.<

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
OMG yes, you guys much watch more.
Once I start watching something, I try to keep up with it :D Or else I get really behind, and I hate getting spoiled D:

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
is there any action in this? or is it a romance anime?

Yes im aware its romeo and juliet, but hopefully they added some good action scenes in it.

Also, is it only a set amount of episodes? if so i might download it, i dont wanna get hooked and have to add it to my weekly anime download list along with Naruto, Bleach and Deathnote, along with catching up with Konjiki no Gash-Bell!!...

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
I'm pretty sure there are a set number of episodes...I'm not really sure though.
And yes, there is action...I mentioned that in the description >__> I mean, there is a war going on between the Montagues and Capulets D:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
i would most likely not watch cause its Romeo and Juliet. To much of love not enough action i think it would be like. I rather like tons more action then love in my animes but thats just me i guess

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
You guys, is based off of Romeo and Juliet but is interpreted in a much more creative way D:
True, it is a love story, but there is a lot more action than you're giving the show credit for.

Juliet has a sword and kicks more ass than all the guys combined, and Tybalt weilds TWO swords and kicks so much ass that it's nuts.

Trust me, there are sword fights, people getting their butts kicked by Juliet, fellow allies sacrificing themselves, and betrayal among supposed allies.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
ok ok im downloading episode 1... but wont be able to download anymore untill next month when my download limit goes back up again.

i dont mind the romeo and juliet play, and i think the movie with leo was awesome. so this should be interesting.

Edit: I watched first episode. its interesting... its very loosely held to the actual romeo and juliet by shakespeare, but i think thats a good thing, it can take its own path and major critics of the play wont be able to criticise for being off the mark. the family roles of romeo and juliet have almost been reversed from the play, i guess they can have abit more fun with it

just a few questions.
-Why doesnt Juliet remember where she used to live, or why she needs to dress as a boy?
-Why arent there 2 palaces? or atleast 2 families? the montagues are obvious as to who they are, but what about the capulets? or are they all just living in williams play house?
-Why did the montagues take over the palace of capulets? is there more in depth story of why it happened later in the anime?

Last edited:

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Even though it might be useless to revive this but might as well do something. This anime is good. Though, like ONE PIECE, it's sometimes overlooked.

Answers If you already know this, then ignore.

-In the beginning, juliet somewhat hit her head causing her to lose a bit of memory. Plus she was only 3 years old. She dresses up as a boy to hide her identity because she is a capulet.
-There are two families. The capulets were killed in a coup de tat by the father of Romeo. This makes Juliet the last capulet. They live at William's theatre to hide from the Police of Neo Verona.
-The montagues took over because of the coup de tat that occured when Juliet was only 3 years old. That means every single capulet is dead excluding Juliet. Technically is rule, get killed, killer rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back