• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Romantic drama without a name.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
I had a dream. I'm going to write about it. Romance drama.

April 24th, 2008.

The light turned red and Alan started to walk across the street. It was a beautiful sunday afternoon and he was wearing a slightly beach themed outfit. The cars racing by gave off a breeze that made him feel even better than before. Three miles he had walked in the heat, all so he could go to Alex's house for a few minutes.

He stopped at the walk button and pushed it, whistling a song that he couldn't quite remember. As he waited he replied to a few texts, then went on his way across the street. About a block ahead was Alex's house. He'd be there in no time. To his left was a place he had been planning to stop at first.

It was a relatively small stand that stood outside of a Starbucks just below the canopy. Only a few people were in line so he hurried to claim his spot.

"Yeah, can I get the blue ones?" He said. The man nodded and went for them. When they had been packaged he handed them over at a price of seven fifty. Seven fifty wasn't that bad at all. He only had two fifty left, which was originally meant to buy a lunch, but he could go without food until dinner. For her, he could do pretty much anything. Besides, his stomach was doing that thing that it did when he was around her. It somehow lifted and sucked itself in, not in hunger but in excitement and horror at the same time.

In five minutes the house came into view. Alex sat outside on the porch, under the overhang. To Alan, she looked like a young wife who just planted her first garden. The idea made him hope for something similar in his future with her. Maybe a kid running around in the yard. Who knew. Either way he would like doing it, and that's what really mattered. With her, he could do anything and be happy.

She smiled and so did he, at the same time his face turning red. From behind his back he produced twelve blue tulips wrapped in plastic. Her face lit up in a way that he knew he was lucky to see. Her red and blond hair was tied in a pony tail and bangs splashed over her face. She was wearing a small green and white tank-top with short white shorts. This is what he wanted to come home to every day. After two years they still loved each other as much as they did when they first met.

"Hey," he said, breaking through a dry barrier in his throat.

"Hey yourself. Thank you." The way she said it made his spine shiver. She rose and leaned in for a kiss. It was long and sweet, a kiss that was mostly only lips touching but still tasted of the orange juice she had just drank.

"Yeah, no problem. They were only like two bucks, so I figured I'd get them. I remember you saying something about how you like tulips."

"Yeah, I remember. Thanks babe." Alex folded her hand over him and he sat with her.

Her phone vibrated and she quickly picked it up to answer the call.

"Hello," she said. After a few nods she hung told them okay, then hung up. A truck pulled into the drive way and she gave him a kiss goodbye. "I love you, Alan. Thank you for the flowers. I'll see you tomorrow." As she got in the car, he noticed a glance from her friend, one that he thought was filled with disgust. Her boyfriend gave a look also, one that was apologetic and sorrowful.

She left and he walked home. It was three miles, but that five minutes was enough to hold him over until the next day.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
She isn't a very nice girlfriend.

Well, I wouldn't say that it's my favorite thing that you've written. I don't really know anything wrong with it, but I can't point out anything that you necessarily did right either, if you get what I'm saying.

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
Unfortunately, like all of my others, this is going to get darker.

For the better or worse I'm not sure. Thanks for the comments, and thanks for reading. I'll put something up in a few days, something longer and hopefully better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back