• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roleplay Suggestions & Updates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey everyone! The section mods and I are working to bring more activity and fun things to do to the Roleplaying forums. However, the members need to be involved a lot on this: this forum is solely run by its members and we want to do things that's going to be fun and beneficial for you and your roleplays. So, why not create a suggestion thread?

The thread will be kept open for suggestions. Feel free to post up your ideas, and what you would like to see happen in the forums. This thread will also be considered a "hub" for updates on new things add to the forum (though some things may be getting their own threads) and any changes that have been made. Check this post for future updates and additions!

Also, feel free to collaborate with other members, too! Everyone is always welcome to start their own creations.

So, what would you guys like to see happen in the section?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Not to be a downer or anything, but I already tried this, and got little to no results.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Rep system brought back.

For just the RP section

I agree. I loved that system.

Not to be a downer or anything, but I already tried this, and got little to no results.

True. Although maybe if this one was left up,perhaps as a staple on all threads, more people will read it, sympathize with it and join? Sometimes being at just the staple of the Roleplay section by itself can cause me to scroll over it. Maybe if it was like an announcement, stating our place in roleplaying, we could have a better chance? And I believe your thread isn't up anymore right?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rep system brought back.

For just the RP section
oh gosh the ego of people in this section might skyrocket XD;; though i did love the rep system, it could cause that...

Unfortunately, that's something that I don't have a say in, but who knows? Maybe it'll come back one day? :c

I think I remember that, too, but this is meant to be something that's always there, rather than something that's meant to be constantly commented on. If anyone ever has suggestions, they can just post them up here! :D

True. Although maybe if this one was left up,perhaps as a staple on all threads, more people will read it, sympathize with it and join? Sometimes being at just the staple of the Roleplay section by itself can cause me to scroll over it. Maybe if it was like an announcement, stating our place in roleplaying, we could have a better chance? And I believe your thread isn't up anymore right?
Exactly! :> It's meant to be a staple in the section, so if anyone ever has suggestions, they can voice their ideas or concerns! It can also be a way that other members can create their own ideas, things like if they want to bring the roleplay tutor program back or other things like big projects in the community. It's meant to be a springboard for ideas, pretty much, regardless of whether or not it's something mod or member-created. If new things come in (whether mod or member-created), they'll be added here (...maybe, maybe not, i dunno yet lulz) or they'll be added in another thread.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Suggestion: I feel like there is a dire lack of new RP's being started in the section. While I understand that finishing those that have started is important, it's not necessarily beneficial since there are new members that are joining/wanting to get into role plays. I have seen that the ones that are open, for the most part, are always open for members to join, but some people don't really like joining half way through when everyone's already had the chance to get acquainted with each other.

This is all just speculation though. It's all from observation from what was working back when the section was thriving. There were new RP's popping up every week (sometimes every day.) I suppose the amount of RPers that this section had has dwindled over the few years I wasn't here, so that could be why there are less RP's being started... But now I'm just rambling. That's my 2-cents.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Suggestion: I feel like there is a dire lack of new RP's being started in the section. While I understand that finishing those that have started is important, it's not necessarily beneficial since there are new members that are joining/wanting to get into role plays. I have seen that the ones that are open, for the most part, are always open for members to join, but some people don't really like joining half way through when everyone's already had the chance to get acquainted with each other.

This is all just speculation though. It's all from observation from what was working back when the section was thriving. There were new RP's popping up every week (sometimes every day.) I suppose the amount of RPers that this section had has dwindled over the few years I wasn't here, so that could be why there are less RP's being started... But now I'm just rambling. That's my 2-cents.

Dr5XmrT.gif

We is few and we is old.​

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This is how we used to when I was 16.
-thelonepickle + guardian of hearts + every heart + rpangel + GodofDeath + Breaking Point + Takushi Rena + OmniChaos + AJ + LoC + Morpho + kingdomwolfe blade and da mods like Shamedo and Ulti were dominant in the section.
-Naruto just came out, those RPs were EVERYWHERE
-Kingdom Hearts II was out
-Keyblades, Keyblades, Keyblades!

Btw think about how times have changed significantly between then and now.

We have facebook, twitter, myspace, youtube is more prolific. (most of us weren't really OLD enough to use/know about this stuff 6-7 years ago)
Several other roleplay oriented sites have surfaced.
We've aged.
The Rep System is gone (well, like Rena said about egos)
Sloth overall.
-High School/College/Work

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
When I say "back when the section was thriving," I don't mean 7-8 years ago. I mean like 2-3 years ago. I don't remember any of those people actually, but the section was still pretty active. And even though times have changed it doesn't mean some older methods don't still work. Observing what worked and didn't work then can't be bad. If anything it could help better the section rather than hinder it.

and I know Professor, I know. *pat pat*

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Activity nine times out of ten is tied to people. We're kind of short on roleplayers...with a smaller populi, what you get is what comes out of them. Threads like these aren't just aimed at people that are already here, its also meant to attract people that don't normally come here. Clause for basically trying to hook new faces, and Orion has tried this, as well as Omni and all in all I completely understand their sentiments about having tried.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I completely understand that. It is tied to people and, like I said in my earlier post, it seems to have dwindled down to select few who still RP.

I just felt like giving opinion on the matter. Tossing ideas around and stuff, y'know.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Personally, I feel what the section needs is more outside advertising, as in outside the section and outside the forum. The Roleplaying section gets next to no coverage, which draws in very few people.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Personally, I feel what the section needs is more outside advertising, as in outside the section and outside the forum. The Roleplaying section gets next to no coverage, which draws in very few people.

I completely agree. I think maybe good large scale collaboration projects like I've seen beginning to formulate on the threads here, should be advertised to the entire KHI community much like the KHI awards were. That way specific projects that call for larger casts can advertise outside of the Roleplay section to people in other sections with the plotline of the RP and explaining what an RP is. That way its just not shown to people on this section.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
-thelonepickle + guardian of hearts + every heart + rpangel + GodofDeath + Breaking Point + Takushi Rena + OmniChaos + AJ + LoC + Morpho + kingdomwolfe blade and da mods like Shamedo and Ulti were dominant in the section.
-Naruto just came out, those RPs were EVERYWHERE
-Kingdom Hearts II was out
-Keyblades, Keyblades, Keyblades!

Btw think about how times have changed significantly between then and now.

We have facebook, twitter, myspace, youtube is more prolific. (most of us weren't really OLD enough to use/know about this stuff 6-7 years ago)
Several other roleplay oriented sites have surfaced.
We've aged.
The Rep System is gone (well, like Rena said about egos)
Sloth overall.
-High School/College/Work

Huehuehue

When I say "back when the section was thriving," I don't mean 7-8 years ago. I mean like 2-3 years ago. I don't remember any of those people actually, but the section was still pretty active. And even though times have changed it doesn't mean some older methods don't still work. Observing what worked and didn't work then can't be bad. If anything it could help better the section rather than hinder it.

and I know Professor, I know. *pat pat*

Uguuu neee

Ironically, at times the RP Section is second only to the Kingdom Hearts Section in the number of viewing guests on KHI - or so I've come to notice, at least.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Any ideas on bumping up pace in current Rp's ongoing now?
Sometimes you feel like that kid that just got his wings and you're eager to jump off a building and its either fall or fly you know?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Endless Warrior Sora said:
I completely agree. I think maybe good large scale collaboration projects like I've seen beginning to formulate on the threads here, should be advertised to the entire KHI community much like the KHI awards were. That way specific projects that call for larger casts can advertise outside of the Roleplay section to people in other sections with the plotline of the RP and explaining what an RP is. That way its just not shown to people on this section.

If front page advertising ever became a reality, I still have my three-tier war community project in my back pocket, where the war is fought on three fronts in three different threads: administrative, front line, and espionage. That would undoubtedly require a large cast.

Nightfall might, as well.

Ironically, at times the RP Section is second only to the Kingdom Hearts Section in the number of viewing guests on KHI - or so I've come to notice, at least.

And I would wager you that most, if not all, of those are likely bots.

Any ideas on bumping up pace in current Rp's ongoing now?
Sometimes you feel like that kid that just got his wings and you're eager to jump off a building and its either fall or fly you know?

I've slacked a bit on my end, what with work draining me a bit, but I plan to catch up on my roleplays.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The pace of current roleplays depends very much on explicit executive decisions made by their managers. What one thinks is a great plot twist could turn out to throw such a big wrench into things that no one knows what to do, and the like. And we can't just entirely open up that pre-creation creative process, for it renders the roleplay formula somewhat null.

More important than genre, format, setting and abilities are the broader considerations of general narrative, which I think a lot of people (even us good/veteran roleplayers) miss out on. That, and many of us have awesome ideas we'd love to try out as roleplays, even if that format isn't conducive to getting that idea advanced and further developed. An upcoming sci-fi planet-jumping escalating-series-of-disasters roleplay is meaningless if you don't enable people's characters and freedom as much as their gadgets and gizmos.

In terms of further advertising, I've an idea I'll propose to the administratorship. We can't reasonably having advertisements for just the roleplaying section. As an overall Creative Corner push, it might be feasible to have week-long top-of-the-page announcements happening, with one Creative section being advertised in one Series Discussion/Community Lounge area per week. One week it might be Creative Media in FOKH while RPing is in General Discussion, and then it changes the next week, with Graphics Shops showing up in Final Fantasy and Fan-Fiction in Forum Insanity. We'll see. As a supermod on the forum I need some degree of impartiality.

In the meantime I'm slowly developing a sci-fi original roleplay (like that'll get much attention) to a more friendly and free structure conducive to roleplaying.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
The pace of current roleplays depends very much on explicit executive decisions made by their managers. What one thinks is a great plot twist could turn out to throw such a big wrench into things that no one knows what to do, and the like. And we can't just entirely open up that pre-creation creative process, for it renders the roleplay formula somewhat null.

More important than genre, format, setting and abilities are the broader considerations of general narrative, which I think a lot of people (even us good/veteran roleplayers) miss out on. That, and many of us have awesome ideas we'd love to try out as roleplays, even if that format isn't conducive to getting that idea advanced and further developed. An upcoming sci-fi planet-jumping escalating-series-of-disasters roleplay is meaningless if you don't enable people's characters and freedom as much as their gadgets and gizmos.

In terms of further advertising, I've an idea I'll propose to the administratorship. We can't reasonably having advertisements for just the roleplaying section. As an overall Creative Corner push, it might be feasible to have week-long top-of-the-page announcements happening, with one Creative section being advertised in one Series Discussion/Community Lounge area per week. One week it might be Creative Media in FOKH while RPing is in General Discussion, and then it changes the next week, with Graphics Shops showing up in Final Fantasy and Fan-Fiction in Forum Insanity. We'll see. As a supermod on the forum I need some degree of impartiality.

In the meantime I'm slowly developing a sci-fi original roleplay (like that'll get much attention) to a more friendly and free structure conducive to roleplaying.

I like that *golf clap* I might join Orion, depending on how many RP's im already juggling. I also think along with you idea, samples of the content being advertised should be shown off, discussed, and explained to further attract people? If that wasn't already what you were already saying?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Snippets of recent posts and projects would be good, let people see more than just the fact theres a roleplay on, but what's actually happening in it.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
is it sad that i remember roleplaying with most of them?
seriously, one of my first roleplays on here was because of aj. in 2004. ;A; I'M OLD *SOB*

It's a good idea, but the only problem I have with it is new roleplayers coming into older roleplays. If a roleplay is 20 pages in, it's really hard for someone to jump in, even with a summary. An advertising system like that would be great for newer roleplays, but not so great for older ones. That's the only problem I could find with it. (That, and advertising in different sections may be a bit annoying? Not sure.)

With older roleplays, it's a matter of how busy the roleplayers are and what's going on in the roleplay. But anyone have any ideas on that one?

If it's possible that we can get things up on the main page, or even in the announcements, a Roleplay Spotlight might be a cool idea. The spotlight would cover original and canon roleplays, and offer a chance to showcase unique roleplays to the other members of the forum. Maybe the spotlighted roleplays would be suggested every week (or month) and voted on? Still trying to sort things out with it, though, but it seems like a neat little idea. ;u;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back