• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roleplay Suggestions & Updates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
And in another year, we will be at this point yet again, only with fewer than last year.

When I get that degree, that job, and that apartment with the lady friend you won't see my black ass. So on some level THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. (I feel like I could quote krexia in terms of how often she posted in a section about the sametime she was working on her phD.)

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'm proposing the creation of a "character reference thread" sticky, which will be where members can post different characters in a pseudo-archive to be edited and changed however and whenever they want, and I want a general consensus on whether or not the community would be interested in seeing something to this effect.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm proposing the creation of a "character reference thread" sticky, which will be where members can post different characters in a pseudo-archive to be edited and changed however and whenever they want, and I want a general consensus on whether or not the community would be interested in seeing something to this effect.

http://forums.khinsider.com/battles/165128-battles-character-bin-character-archive.html

:)

btw whoever was moderating at the time besides orion didn't seek any interest in this idea, as he said so himself with basically saying "Why don't you guys use the KHIrpwiki?" If i could defend this idea of using a thread myself, I've already posted a lot of my favorite and most commonly used characters between 2009-present.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

The only problem I could find with this is the general lack of traffic the battle section regularly receives. Plus, positioning the thread in the battle section might make some people believe the thread is meant for just battle templates, and not general character archive (including all the roleplays and details therein they have been connected to).

btw whoever was moderating at the time besides orion didn't seek any interest in this idea, as he said so himself with basically saying "Why don't you guys use the KHIrpwiki?" If i could defend this idea of using a thread myself, I've already posted a lot of my favorite and most commonly used characters between 2009-present.

That was then. Jezza has expressed rather not having the wiki becoming a character archive again, as it did before, and is backing the idea this time around.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm all for the thread being moved to be completely honest. At the sametime, is it a bad idea to push for a sub-section exclusively for archiving characters rather than relying on a single directory style thread? (If I had to guess, that was the wiki's purpose)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm all for the thread being moved to be completely honest. At the sametime, is it a bad idea to push for a sub-section exclusively for archiving characters rather than relying on a single directory style thread? (If I had to guess, that was the wiki's purpose)

See the bolded part? Yeah, let's do that. It's better than having some craptastic wiki that hardly anyone uses.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

We don't need another half-dead section under the Roleplaying banner. The idea of the thread isn't to archive every character a roleplayer churns out with every roleplay he or she joins, just the more prominent/personnel favorites of theirs. The Roleplaying Tavern or the Roleplaying Academy would be better fitting of a new section over a character archive.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
We don't need another half-dead section under the Roleplaying banner. The idea of the thread isn't to archive every character a roleplayer churns out with every roleplay he or she joins, just the more prominent/personnel favorites of theirs. The Roleplaying Tavern or the Roleplaying Academy would be better fitting of a new section over a character archive.

WHY THE diddly AREN'T YOU A MOD
BRILLIANT!

but again, it was a suggestion and that alone. It takes the pull of administrations help in actually launching a sub-section if that would help in any way shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back