• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rock Band 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Now even keyboard cat can join in the fun.

KeyboardCat.gif

Story: 'Rock Band 3': What's new, what's notable - USATODAY.com
Video:'Rock Band 3': Keyboards are the key - USATODAY.com

I'm interested to find out how much that entire bundle will cost and how those string guitars will be used in gameplay.

Infinite Complex

I'll be waiting....
fading into the background of history.....
this is a great idea. the keyboard is a great add. if what the article says is true, it's the real notes, so i could learn them on piano. what im wondering is:are songs going to be limited to requiring a keyboard? or will they make their own keyboard part?

αsiя

space coke
If they're doing keyboard, they better have a lot of Queen songs.

Awards
Songs Announced So Far (By Decade):
2000s
Combat Baby -- Metric
Dead End Friends -- Them Crooked Vultures
Get Free -- The Vines
Lasso -- Phoenix
Me Enamora -- Juanes
Oh My God -- Ida Maria
Portions of Foxes -- Rilo Kiley
The Hardest Button to Button -- The White Stripes

1990s
Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction
In the Meantime -- Spacehog
Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots
Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth

1980s
Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake
I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett
Just Like Heaven -- The Cure
Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio
The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News
Sister Christian -- Night Ranger

1960s-1970s
Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
Break On Through -- The Doors
Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...3-the-songs-announced-so-far-/1?csp=obnetwork

-
And They already have a decent track pack of Queen for download:
Another One Bites the Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
One Vision
Fat Bottomed Girls
I Want It All
I Want to Break Free
Killer Queen
Somebody to Love
Tie Your Mother Down
Under Pressure

Children of Bodom also uses a lot of keyboard..Journey, Dream Theater, etc

Pretty much any band from the 80s to different stuff today

Awards
Oh, and also:
Rock Band Pro. This new music learning mode lets players develop real-world music-playing fundamentals for keyboards, guitars and drums. More realistic music notations replace the standard color-coded notes during gameplay. For guitar, numbers flow down the screen along six guitar strings, telling you where to place your hands on the neck and when to strum.
Two new guitar controllers in the works have actual strings where you strum; one is a full-sized, fully functional six-string Squier Stratocaster from Fender. "It can tell where your fingers are based on technology in the neck and the bridge of the guitar. No buttons," Drake says. "While you're playing it, it feels exactly like playing a real guitar," because that's what you're doing.
The other is a Fender Mustang Pro controller from accessory maker Mad Catz with a field of buttons in each fret. As your fingers compress the smaller non-colored buttons on that guitar's neck, your finger positions are represented in the game's display. "You can go from plucking single notes to power chords and bar chords, we have crazy stuff like tapping and slides," Dubrofsky says. "If you ever had any aspirations of connecting with the music in a deeper way ... you are really going to like Rock Band 3."
For drums, three new cymbals are added to the standard four drum pads, and you are forced to play the correct cymbal at the right time. "It really immerses you more. You feel more like a drummer," Dubrofsky says. "It's not only for expert levels. You can come in on easy and actually play Pro drums. We have all the different levels established. It's actually really fun. You are playing up on the high hat or down on the snare, and it feels more like a kit than ever before."
On keyboards, Sussman says, "we're actually utilizing the full two-octave range that the keyboard controller has. Everything that you are playing, whether you are playing on easy or expert, is accurate musical information. The track looks like a real keyboard track, and you are playing notes on the keyboard that if you were to step away from the game and were to play on a real piano, they would be the right notes."
Pro players can use the mode for private practice or incorporate it while others play the game's standard arcade modes. "You can be an expert keys-player playing with an all easy band, no problem," Drake says.
Thought the parts I underlined were pretty cool. Read the rest for more details.

So it basically is starting to teach you how to really play guitar.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Crossing my fingers for Piano Man.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I still think that they should have songs that don't require all of the instruments, just a certain mix. It'd be fun to have some straight up acoustic songs that only required a guitar and mic. Or whatever.

Awards
It's not like you have to play all instruments.. and dlc like "Polly" from Nirvana are already out there, has basically nonexistant drums. They have songs where vocalists are nonexistant.

The only problem is that they take away from the multiplayer/(band) aspect from it if they do that. Whilst there are some great songs and all like that, the popular number is limited and all, and most derive from a band song as it were.

poo, with all the money people (like myself) have pumped into video games, even Rock Band, you could pretty much get you a good acoustic guitar if you wanted. I have an Alvarez acoustic/electric, and I'm getting an Ibanez RG in two weeks.

But yeah, all I'm saying is that, since RB2, you can still play your characters you made and any song only your instrument of choice, and that already have a few where some instruments either are nonexistant, or basically are. And not every song is going to have a keyboard, as a lot of bands don't use them, or the potential 3 vocalists. Hell, some don't even use 1 vocalist most of the time.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I want some Motion City Soundtrack and Ludo.

Of course, they use a Moog which isn't the same. . .And would be kinda boring. . .Still.

I understand what you mean, I still think some more "solo" DLC would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back