• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rivals - A Final Fantasy XIII Type-0 RP [No Spoilers]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Rivals – A Final Fantasy XIII Type-0 RP

If you believe that history has a tendency to repeat itself, then why not do something to prevent chaos and catastrophe? Nations on the brink of war hiding behind the facade of camaraderie and peace. Tensions begin to break over the construction of "War Machines". No one knows the exact point of where they are being created. But some speculate that these Machines may be humanoid based and designed to destroy a few select nations. But then again...those are only rumors.

Rumors...

Welcome to Rubrum’s Magic and Combat Academy!

We would like to congratulate you on becoming one of the rare students to be admitted into the most prestigious academy in all of Oriense. Taking honor in such a name would extend accolades to you as well as your family. Hopefully you will get along with your fellow peers and ultimately grow in your usage of magic as well.

A few things about the academy that you should consider before moving in: there are dorms fitting only two students per room. So choose who your roommate will be wisely. Word of caution, most of your time will be spent outside of the dorms anyway so do not fret if your desired roommate is not a viable fit. As per your geography, Oriense is an extremely vast world as we know it and still have yet to discover its secrets. Four nations make up the world and are bound together by the forces we know as crystals. Suzaku Fiefdom of Rubrum which holds the crystal of Magic, Milites holding the crystal of Weapons, Lorica harboring the crystal of the Shield and Concordia containing the crystal of the Dragon.

Suzaku Fiefdom of Rubrum
(Current Location)​

Located in the south-west region of Oriense, this nation is known for its drastic changes in weather from blistering heat to misty rain. Although natives are usually apt to adapt to the changes in weather quite easily. From a military standpoint, most Suzaku soldiers are cloaked and use the rocky climate to their advantage. Despite not having any advanced signs of technology, people from Suzaku are often seen using transportation such as airships and simple teleportation devices. The Academy is located in the middle of the ocean right off the coast of Suzaku.

The Academy

The Academy is relatively small in that it only admits up to 100 students every year and graduating 100 which leaves a solid 400 student count. A precise fifty-fifty ratio of male to female. Students from all over Oriense gain entry to the academy. While a few misfits may slip through the application process, a strong mind is necessary to gain entry. Uniforms are also a necessity to even walk about the campus while school is in session. Otherwise, free dress is in order. As with all other schools, books, meals, housing, etc are all taken care of by the Academy itself.

Class Zero

If you are reading this information sheet, then you will be placed in Class Zero despite your year. Colors being that of red, black, and white to distinguish you from the rest of the classes. No, there is no skill or intelligence requirement far off from being admitted into the school of course. Just you and some of your Classmates will be assigned to take on missions by yourself or with others. Do not fret, we will not send you on missions that you cannot handle. Classmates will spend the majority of their time together. Same class schedule and same housing dorm. Different classes may interact with each other during off hours of the day when there is nothing to do or when school has a day off.

About

First things first: THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS RP. I feel like I can’t stress that enough. I don’t even know what the central plot of the original game is let alone trying to follow it. It’s an awesome concept for an RP and even better concept for a video game. So do not worry about spoilers. Also, if you want to talk about the actual game, there is a thread for that so do it there please. That being said, this RP is EXTREMELY open ended. Heck, I have a few plot twists but nothing that screams: “Oh hey here’s the end” despite there being a mild push towards a goal. So as RPers yourselves do what you can to get the ball rolling and keep it steady on track. The only thing I ask is that you guys and gals don’t go off and have a million different plots going on. I’ll steer it that much.

Combat

Much like any other KHI RP battles, the same exact rules apply. No insane amount of dodging and getting hit so many times you’re still able to move a million miles an hour. When you’re hit, you’re hit. Shot with a gun? Yeah, you feel it. Unless you have some kind of perk in your abilities or are healed. Otherwise, you are not a god. in terms of strength, your power will progressively get stronger as you survive throughout the RP. So as it begins, if you haven't trained up to a certain standard, please do not try and blow up the Academy if you are an incoming freshman.

Weapons

As the concept of the game goes, there are a multitude of weapons that can be used. No two weapons should be the same. You can literally use ANYTHING. A guitar, briefcase, heck, even a phone would do. That being said, the same category of weapons can be repeated (i.e. broadsword, greatsword, shortsword, katana)

Student Development

Students will be sent on missions in groups of two, three or four. Upon completion of those missions, you as the Roleplayer can choose whether or not to gain an ability OR a spell. Not both. As students of the Academy, your growth will be limited up to seven of a spell an ability. Meaning if you want to be maxed out, you will be sent on a total of 14 missions.

Magic

The use of magic is forbidden without any permission from a staff member. Using magic or weapons outside of jurisdiction can and will result in expulsion of that student or students involved in the situation. However, as far as types go, the recurring Final Fantasy spells can be used. Nothing so far as Ultima, Flare or Meteor can be used in your template.

Trinity Surge

Teamwork is a valuable asset in this RP. If by yourself, you will most likely die. No joke. That being said, Trinity Surges allow for special attacks or perks for three members of a surge. Before the RP starts you should PM which members the class you would want a surge with and what it should be. For example, an attack surge would allow a relatively powerful attacks combining spells, abilities, summons, or weapons. Or something that is in effect but is a subtle spell such as haste when all members are fighting together.

Rules

001 – Again, no spoilers. If I or someone else sees one you will immediately be kicked. I can’t stress that enough

002 – No Godmodding or Powerplaying. Simple, right? Just don’t do it.

003 – Romance is allowed. I mean we are just teenagers in a school. Just don’t have sex in the hallways please.

004 – Posting. Do it. If you join this RP and randomly stop posting without a previous notification I’ll be apt to kick you.

005 – Posting…again. Make sure you actually post a reasonable amount of words. No one, two, or three lines of posting should be seen at all. It just looks like you’re not even trying.

006 – Creativity. Get those juices flowing. You pretty much can do what you want in this RP. Well…not really. But it does give you room to be creative so take advantage of that.

007 – If you want to have a character that is not part of the school let me know either by posting, VM, or PM.

008 – Speaking of characters, make them REAL. I-I mean in terms of emotions. Nobody really likes the static character that doesn’t relay any emotion. If your character is like that, just make sure we understand their thought process.

009 – Have fun with this! Not every part of this is meant to be dead serious. There will be some laughable situations.

010 – Because 10 is a cool number.​

011 - At the tip top of your temp post 'Sometimes I get a feeling that _____'

012 - Any questions or concerns check the FF wiki first AND THEN come ask me. You have to put in a little effort as well.

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Class Zero Roster​
Evelyn Lydia - [Evangeline]
Madeline Erimentha - [Evangeline]
Scyria Mircalos - [Darkfyre]
Leon Tribal - [Nigga Sauce]
Caesar Hajdu Gordon - [Superbia]
Alexander Alcott - [Sean]
Jess Gamble - [Sean]
Taku Paloso - [Kazem]

Rubrum Staff
Alys May - [Sean]
Alichor Mircalos - [Darkfyre]​
Victor Tribal - [DJQuackQuack]

War Machines
Vona - [Sean]
Erebos Irving - [Superbia]

Other Important People

Invergus (Ty Dex) - [Superbia]​

Last edited:

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Sweet. I'll probably be making like a good four characters for this :)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
The first of many :3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, good temp, Dark. Accepted.

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
It's much like any other school. Deans, Principals, Professors, etc. Though a combat instructor is fair game.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Those are some good looking templates guys. I should be throwing down two more pretty soon

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Double post....mah b.

But uh, we'll get this under way next week sometime once a few more characters roll in (mine included).

Kazem

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back