• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rise Against

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Alright couldn't see a thread already existing. Anyway Their new cd comes out in less than 2 weeks. I got all their cds and they seem to gain a bigger amount of fans with their last cd. Their new single Re-Education Through Labor is amazing and the idea around it is amazing. I love this band and they will always be in my top 3 favorite bands.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
They're too political for their own good, every song seems to be eclipsed by the questioning nature of modern political application and its limitations, and lacks really any grace in comparison to say the messages hidden within the works of bands such as Thrice.

They've always appeared a bit hit and miss in my eyes, Siren Song (album) is proof of this, it has a few gems (like the final four tracks on the extended version) but everything else is quite mediocre and samey and I find myself getting turned off quite easily. The Sufferer (album) diverged into too much genericism in my eyes, with only But Tonight We Dance as the really stand out track.

Needless to say they have never delved into 'bad' territory and I will be seeing them live at my University in March 09, as well as buying the new album when it comes out soon, but I'm not really holding out for anything spellbound.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
They're too political for their own good, every song seems to be eclipsed by the questioning nature of modern political application and its limitations, and lacks really any grace in comparison to say the messages hidden within the works of bands such as Thrice.

They've always appeared a bit hit and miss in my eyes, Siren Song (album) is proof of this, it has a few gems (like the final four tracks on the extended version) but everything else is quite mediocre and samey and I find myself getting turned off quite easily. The Sufferer (album) diverged into too much genericism in my eyes, with only But Tonight We Dance as the really stand out track.

Needless to say they have never delved into 'bad' territory and I will be seeing them live at my University in March 09, as well as buying the new album when it comes out soon, but I'm not really holding out for anything spellbound.

Ironically I do agree with you a lot more than I should being I do love these guys. Their first album "The Unraveling" I think was just amazing. I do like their messages sometimes, but I don't agree with everything they do preach in their songs. The reason why I love these guys is not for their message but for their sound. They are one of the few bands that I can listen to each album and say "that is Rise Against" each time. They didn't change their sound like so many bands do to hit the main stream. I would love to see them in concert this coming November, but need to find someone to go with me that I want to go with. When you mix Rise Against with my second favorite band "Alkaline Trio" it is like an organism extrodenaire.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Have one song by them in my library,[click]Paper Wings[click], I plan on checking out the rest of the album someday.

So, uh, their new cd came out today.

I'm liking it so far. Haven't listened to much of it yet, though.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I Love these guys. Great Music.

First Time i Say Them Live was back in Dec 2006 When they played a Show With MCR.
I have been listening to the New CD All Day today. Its pretty Solid. I still need more time to let it sit in so i can determine how great it is. Not to dissapointed.

Cant wait to see these Guys Next month with Alkaline Trio.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The new album is amazing. I think lyrically this is their best. "Hero of War" is amazing and if you want to see how amazing lyrically they are on this that song is the one to look at.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Did Anyone see the Music Video for Re-Education.

Its is Awesome. I loved how they Filimed it in the Basement of one of My Favorite Music Venues in which im gonna see them next month. Video shot in Downtown Chicago, Should Check it out.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I love Prayer for the refugee and like the angel.
And Swing life away... acoustilicious.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I didn't care to much for their new video. Them performing in the video is good, but the rest was just blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back