• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ring on the 4th finger, chinese explanation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
I was skimming through a few books in my english classroom and looked into a few books about the chinese. in one chapter, it gave an explanation on why the ring goes on the 4th finger.

I am not sure whether or not anybody on this site knows about this explanation but i will post it anyways for those who don't and those who do, give opinions. I am not saying that those who don't know about it are not allowed to give their opinions, feel free to.

The chinese beleive that your thumbs represent your parents, your index represents your siblings, your middle finger represents yourself, your fourth finger or "ring finger" represents your life partner, your soul mate, your spouse, your w/e, and your pinkies represent your children.

Now, put your hands together with the tips of all your fingers touching but bending your middle fingers inward so that the flat middle bones of them are touching. It is kind of hard to explain but you must make it so that you your middle bone part of your middle fingers are touching one another. If you have that done, make sure that all of your other finger tips are touching.

Once you have accomplished that, make sure that after each seperation that you have rejoined hte fingers once again, seperate your thumbs, they seperate because your parents are not always going to be there and you will leave them. Now seperate your index fingers, this represents that your siblings will move away from you. Seperating your pinky fingers represents that your children will eventually grow up and move away from you to go out into the world on their own. Now, makeing sure that after each seperation that you have rejoined your finger tips together, try to seperate your fouurth "ring finger". Unless you are double jointed or something, you hsould find it very difficult, maybe painful to seperate or maybe even impossible yourfourth finger. The chinese beleive that the reason for this is that your soul mate, spouse, significant other, is not meant to seperate frmo you, and that is why you have the ring that is given to you from your significant other as a symbol for your bond and love on your fourth finger.

I am not saying that i think that those who divorce do not love each toher enough or were never meant to be together or their marraige was a mistake or anything. This is just something that i read.

Please leave opinions and comments. This is my first post in a very long time so my grammar may be weak.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
so should chinese finger traps go on the 4th finger as well?

[sigh]

That was interesting though, I suppose it makes more sense then the vein theory. [That there's a vein that goes directly from your heart to that finger, this is false.]

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
That is interesting. The vein theory that you guys are talking about...Greeks used to believe that the "love" vein ran through your ring finger. At least, that's what I've been told. I can't vouche for how credible it is. I mean, that the Greeks used to believe it...not whether or not it's the "love " vein.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Technically no. There's a vein that goes from your heart to, what was it again? Oh yeah, everything.

Well, yes, there is a vein, but the theory was that it only connected the heart and ring finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back