• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's 'Wings'?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
I was PMing Jacob Twilight earlier this evening and this came up in conversation...
I noticed that in more than one piece of KH art show Riku with one thing or other representing wings. These're the first three I came across earlier, just copied straight from the PM:

"1) http://kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=kh/artwork/83.jpg - That one's obvious enough.
2) http://kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=kh/artwork/8.jpg
3) http://kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=khm/v2/17/27.jpg - The way he's holding his sword in 2 and three also makes it look some kinda trippy wing symbolism too."

It's possible this could have some kind of meaning later. Or not maybe. XD
So what say you? Coincidence? Symbolism? My overactive imagination? SPEAK!! :D

SorasHeart106

Website
www.myspace.com
in the first pic the wing is part of a statue that every1 else is sitting/leaning on and the other pics the wing is from his sword, look at his hands to see how he carrys his sword. his sword is the soul eater; the blade does resemble a wing. but riku does not hav ne wings....would be kool if he did tho.

Jacob Twilight

SorasHeart106 said:
in the first pic the wing is part of a statue that every1 else is sitting/leaning on and the other pics the wing is from his sword, look at his hands to see how he carrys his sword. his sword is the soul eater; the blade does resemble a wing. but riku does not hav ne wings....would be kool if he did tho.
We know what it is, but we don't know what it means. The first picture must be more than just Nomura thinking "Oh, let's have Riku leaning on this inexicable angel statue amist the rubble for no big reason!!"

Or maybe it is... That's the problem...

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
SorasHeart106 said:
Dude, I know what they are. XD I was commenting on the stragegic placement of Riku on the statue against hte wing, and I somehow think the blade looks like one of those weird demony wingy things! ^_^ Each to his own I guess, maybe it's just my beaten-in tendency to search for sybols wherever I go (thank you very much A-level literature ¬¬) XD

Ansem/Sephy

We know Riku doesn't have wings, but you gotta admit, these pics are more than coincidence. I think it has something to do with redemption and repenting. FF always caried some sort of religious message, KH is no exception. These are interesting . . . I'd never noticed. Nice find!

SorasHeart106

Website
www.myspace.com
x_X;; sry if i sounded a lil harsh in my reply, gomen nasai :( . But yea...it cud have a deeper meaning. Like one person said, might hav a religious kind of thing to it. ^_^ Cant wait to see wut happens.....cant believe we hav to wait till March!!!!!!! x_X

IF_IL_II_IP

killer card thrower
in place of broken hearts and shattered dreams...
first pic he has wing
2nd pic hes holing his soul eater sword
3rd pic hes holding his soul eater sword
and yes they are strategicly placed to look like he has a wing but w/e. and u know how u said that it looked like one of those demony wings. maybe (idk please dont flame) but maybe nomura is showing that riku has a fairly stronger dark side then he does light which is y he joined dakness in KH1 then instead of picking light or dark he chose twilight so now hes like neither good nor evil but the darkness in his heart is alot more stronger then his good
again please dont flame if this sounds stupid ty =D

door_to_the_ligh

that's way too much to be coincidental. i think its nomura's symbolism (yay) to show that Riku is like a fallen "fallen angel" (that's right, he screwed up in being evil), meaning that at first he was good, but was tempted by darkness, which led him to follow a path to eventual evil.

And being a fallen angel he would have 2 wings (symbolically), not one. But later on, when sora defeats ansem, Riku gets his act together and starts to walk a path away from the darness, yet still using it to attain a balance between light and dark. Hence, the "one winged-ness": since hes only part dark, he "loses" his other dark wing. The remaining wing is there to remind him (and us) of the path he once walked upon.

And since he hasnt yet attained the "balance", he's still considered dark, which explains why he's got that "demonic" looking wing, and none representing light.

kinda farfetch'd i know but just a though:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back