• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's memories in Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertexe

When Xion is in Destiny Islands,she has the memories of Riku n Zexion in Castle Oblivion.Xion's made of Sora's memory,so why does she have Riku's memory?

Abe15Light

maybe its due to the fact that the memories of the people who knew sora were messed around to so when namine was trying to fix soras memories riku's memories some how ended up in Xion, just a guess

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
hmmmm good question maybe somehow xion was able to have/get some of riku's memories or something?

KHBassist

Probably by being around Riku. By being near Roxas she sucks memories and power, correct? it could be the same sort of thing.

Diastyl

There's that possibility that some of Riku's memories leaked out while Xion was being made, so it made a part of her as well....

captain

Bronze Member
I rewatched the cutscenes today for fun.... Amd it's been a while since I played CoM.. but BbS stuff (what we know) is fresh on my mind...
Anyway, the scene "Snarl of Memories" where Xion has the Riku-Zexion nightmare...
Well this may sound weird, but listen to Zexion's words but as if he were speaking to a certain BbS character..

Zexion: Surely.. you must have known that this was going to happen.
Riku: Why would I know?
Zexion: Because, in your memory, you've been to a number of worlds before you came to this one. And, of course, in those worlds the only beings you met were the dark kind. That's all that's left in your heart: the darkest of memories. Your memories of home are gone- every one.
Riku: That's a lie! I remember everyone from the islands.. They're my.. my.. closest friends..
Zexion: And who threw away those friends? Maybe it's your own actions you've forgotten? It was you who destroyed your home!

RoxasAi

I rewatched the cutscenes today for fun.... Amd it's been a while since I played CoM.. but BbS stuff (what we know) is fresh on my mind...
Anyway, the scene "Snarl of Memories" where Xion has the Riku-Zexion nightmare...
Well this may sound weird, but listen to Zexion's words but as if he were speaking to a certain BbS character..

Zexion: Because, in your memory, you've been to a number of worlds before you came to this one. And, of course, in those worlds the only beings you met were the dark kind. That's all that's left in your heart: the darkest of memories. Your memories of home are gone- every one.
Riku: That's a lie! I remember everyone from the islands.. They're my.. my.. closest friends..
Zexion: And who threw away those friends? Maybe it's your own actions you've forgotten? It was you who destroyed your home

Yes i think i know what your getting yet but ( and i got to say i just realize it as i posting this) that i think he means before Riku came to that world the Castle Oblivion was.

At first i thought he meant that Riku when to worlds before the Islands or he had memory's before the islands. ( i could have just been slow)

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Probably by being around Riku. By being near Roxas she sucks memories and power, correct? it could be the same sort of thing.
yeah thats what i was thinking too

robertexe

wrong go replay Riku's scenario in CoM.Zexion says the exact same words to Riku.Their Riku's memories in CoM.He meant previous worlds as in the worlds Riku revisited in CoM

Unumus

Awards
maybe its due to the fact that the memories of the people who knew sora were messed around to so when namine was trying to fix soras memories riku's memories some how ended up in Xion, just a guess
Someone did say that Sora was the one that connected everyobdy so maybe he meant his memories too?

captain

Bronze Member
Just thinking along the lines of some people's theories.. and the who we've seen Terra interact with in scans the words.. and the way he acts towards his friends, seeming protective at first then drifting away.. just hit me.. The words in red are the main ones... But really the whole thing reminds me of Terra.

Zexion: And who threw away those friends? Maybe it's your own actions you've forgotten? It was you who destroyed your home!

At first i thought he meant that Riku when to worlds before the Islands or he had memory's before the islands. ( i could have just been slow)

I thought the same thing.. Maybe Riku, in his memory, HAS been to worlds before Destiny Islands.. o_O

wrong go replay Riku's scenario in CoM.Zexion says the exact same words to Riku.Their Riku's memories in CoM.He meant previous worlds as in the worlds Riku revisited in CoM

We're not retarded. I know exactly where it came from. What I thought was interesting was it seemed like this conversation could also fit with Terra in Riku's position..

TerraFTW!

We're not retarded. I know exactly where it came from. What I thought was interesting was it seemed like this conversation could also fit with Terra in Riku's position..

Although a lot of stuff could also fit with Terra in Riku's position.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd sooner explain the Memory leakage to the fact that scene took place in Castle Oblivion than because of any bond between Xion and Riku. She was made pretty much to absorb Sora's Memories, not everyone related to him, and that Memory had all but nothing to do with him directly.

Either that or some complications due to Riku being the Original Wielder of the Keyblade Sora has :\

Bob-sama

Xion went to C.O to see her origins, so along the way, she might have picked up scraps of memory from namine, since namine was there too when Zexion was with Riku.

although i do like Smile's idea about Riku being the true keyblade wielder.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Xion is like a memory sponge. All the memories floating about in CO may have been absorbed by her, and thus resulting in the memory of Riku appearing in her. Probably compounded by the fact that Sora and Riku are very close friends, and she's supposed to absorb Sora's memory, and she's in CO where memories are really crazy, and I have no idea where I am going on with this. Ok, whatever.

So either way, I think the most likely is that the memories were passed on to her from Castle Oblivion when she was in there, like, residual memories? Since the Castle was all about memories anyway.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The real complications in this mess is what happened to the Memories at the end. If she really did have Memories of Riku's, did they go back to him once she disappeared? Or does Sora now have Memories of Riku's inside of him? Which could no doubt make for quite a lovely mess :\

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
But what if the memories came from the Castle itself rather than from Riku, since Xion viewed the event from a third perspective rather than through Riku's eyes, which would mean that it may not have been Riku's memory.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Roxas viewed Sora's Memories from a third person perspective. And arguably, he was caught up in the mess as well, seeing how he was the one we originally saw there, and then he changed into xion, who then changed into Riku into Sora.
It makes sense somewhat seeing how Roxas was the one with Sora's Memories of Riku, but that still means that Memories that belonged to Riku are somewhere inside Sora :\

forget-me-not

Smile, I loved what u said about Riku being the real wielder, and that being the reason that Xion had his memories. Personally I think it's because she was made in castle oblivion, so maybe she got a bit more than sora's memories.
but if Riku seems similar to terra... well then they're probably very similar. I have a huge messed up theory about that, but this isn't really the place. plus, like i said, its a little messed up. anyways... yeah. oh, and also, i was thinking... if Xion has all sorts of memories of Sora inside castle oblivion, and she's inside of sora... i wud love for him to remember everything. that would be very interesting.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Smile, I loved what u said about Riku being the real wielder, and that being the reason that Xion had his memories.

I personally wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up tying them together. Would certainly explain why they showed us so little of them in the game despite Riku's obvious importance in Xion's story - it would affect the future of his story too much.
Xion was absorbing Roxas/Sora's ability to wield - an ability that might just link back to Riku. Throw in her ties to Castle Oblivion and you got all the basis you'd need to say she took too much than what she was supposed to.

but if Riku seems similar to terra...

I fail to see it, actually XD

if Xion has all sorts of memories of Sora inside castle oblivion, and she's inside of sora... i wud love for him to remember everything. that would be very interesting.

FM+ had him remember Namine to a certain degree. Seeing how Xion had at least some of his Memories of Castle Oblivion, as she was certain she met Axel there and then saw she wasn't 'her' in those Memories once she saw them from a third person pov, I think it's safe to say she's why Sora ended up remembering, once the fusion between him and Roxas was more solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back