• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's Keyblade Customize?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blank points

Awards
Hello all. This is my first real thread, so if it is in the wrong section do let me know.

Anyway, I have been wondering, does anyone think that, seeing as in previous games we could change keyblades for Sora, Roxas, and TAV, that we will be able to customize Riku's keyblades in DDD as well? Seeing as he is more involved with traveling the worlds this time, I was wondering if they could possibly do this.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Definitely the right section kiddo, no harm no foul.

And honestly I hope so, but I want a variety of Keychains for both Sora and Riku thata re unique to them, not shortened/extended versions like TAV shared with like two or three exclusives. I mean, maybe as a bonus of beating the game in each scenario then we could have all the Keychains for both, but I think there should be some exclusivity involved with the Keychains if Riku has some.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I think Riku should definetly get some different keyblade designs. It would be cool if they have a similar kind of design to WtD but at the same time they had there own unique look. I do not want his to be similar to Sora's. Kind of like how TAV's matched to their different personalities and experiences.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I completely agree with everyone else. That was one of the things that disappointed me in Birth by Sleep.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
That would be a good idea.
But they'd probably all look like swords, mainly because that's what Riku's Keyblade look like.

Lonbilly

Awards
I'd love to see Riku's look more Sword like with a good amount of variation from Sora's. Besides, swords kind of go best with Riku's stance in my opinion. I try to put Kingdom Key there but... I just can't. Besides, sword form just goes best with him.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
That would be a good idea.
But they'd probably all look like swords, mainly because that's what Riku's Keyblade look like.

I never thought his Keyblade looked like a sword...I always thought it looked like a weird wing of some kind with an angel's wing. Like a demon and angel wing.

Lonbilly

Awards
I highly doubt that. They'd give him variety because why type-set Riku with only one style?

I actually wouldn't mind it - so long as it kept a base design of a sword but still possessed Keyblade-looks and what-not. The sword thing is sort of Riku's trademark, at least, in my eyes.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I highly doubt that. They'd give him variety because why type-set Riku with only one style?

Well, he has so far only had sword-like keyblades.
Plus, as mentioned by Lonbilly, his fighting stance is more of one used for a sword.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes, Riku and Sora should each have their own unique set. If they all go through the same worlds, then they should be designed differently, and not just change of length. I would love that, but is it possible that they might just be given one weapon each like in COM? That would ruin part of the game for me, they each need a set of Keyblades, not a single one. And if not, I know this is a long shot, but I would be okay with being able to level up the Keyblades and give them skill trees, like, I want Sora's Kingdom Key, hopefully with upgraded forms, to have a chance of stunning enemies, and Riku's Soul Eater to have a chance of instantly killing enemies. Hell, give Sora and Riku themselves skill trees, I want to be able to customize my own play style, so if I want, level 99 Sora can fight like Armor of The Master and Riku like Xehanort's Heartless w/ The Guardian. I'm getting off subject, sorry, my brain just went to amazing places. Anyway, bottom line, yes, Keyblades need more variety. Birth by Sleep was the worst game Keyblade-wise with lack of variety.

blank points

Awards
I completely agree with everyone else. That was one of the things that disappointed me in Birth by Sleep.

Yeah, I hear you on that one. I agree with everyone as well. You'd think that they would have thrown more unique keyblades in for the three.

Actually, I don't think I would mind it ethier, so long as they did not overdo it with a sword like design. I can agree, though. More variety would do the series good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I myself think there should be differences between Riku's and Sora's Keyblades.
With BBS, some Keyblades felt out of place in the hands of certain characters.

Treasure Trove really only fit with Ven, storywise. It looked good on Terra though.
Stroke of Midnight (Or whatever it was called, can't remember), fit with both Terra and Aqua. Aqua more so storywise.
Three Stars technically fit with both Ven and Aqua storywise, but it also looked alright on Terra.

That's how I felt about the Keyblades, some fit storywise with Ven and/or Aqua, and then just looked good on Terra.

I have to say though, Deep Space's Keyblade had to be my least favorite.
BBS reminded me a lot of KH1, and the Keyblade designs just added to that feeling. It felt like a step backwards from KH2 designs.

And @blank points, try not to double post.

blank points

Awards
Ah, right. Sorry about that. Still getting used to the basics of the forum.

Crazy Mario

I actually just had an idea for Sora and Riku's City of Bells Keyblade names! They would be named after two songs that focused on Quasi and Frollo and they occurred simultaneously. Sora's could be Heaven's Light while Riku's is Hellfire! :)

Lonbilly

Awards
I actually just had an idea for Sora and Riku's City of Bells Keyblade names! They would be named after two songs that focused on Quasi and Frollo and they occurred simultaneously. Sora's could be Heaven's Light while Riku's is Hellfire! :)

I actually could see Riku getting Heaven's Light (he's been with Quasi and Es), and Sora getting Hellfire (he's been with Phoebus and Frollo).

Crazy Mario

I actually could see Riku getting Heaven's Light (he's been with Quasi and Es), and Sora getting Hellfire (he's been with Phoebus and Frollo).
I was focusing more on their elemental types, but that works too and actually makes much more sense! Thanks!

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Well it'd definitely make sense for him to be able to customize it. I agree with everyone else, Riku seems to fit more sword-like Keyblades, while Sora's always had (with the exception of the UW and Fenrir) blunt-force kinda Keyblades.
Well, the word blunt kinda does fit with his personality. Not that the kid's stupid. Sora's just...well, you know, Sora.
It would be weird to see Sora get all of the dark keychains and Riku gets all the light ones. But this is DDD, where light falls into darkness and darkness rises into the light. So that would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back