• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rikus change because of Sora...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuIsMine77

Website
www.freewebs.com
I decided to start this thread after thinking on the subject some. I didn't mean this to be spam, so please, no flaming.

This is a thread about things that you thought didn't quite make sense in KH. I know many of you will think everything was perfect, and this thread is just useless, but I beg to differ.
Now, I need to be helped out....

So, when we go back to seal the treverse town key hole we meet back up with Riku for the first time. It seems they are pretty calm about seeing eachother, and Riku states that he has been searching everywhere for Sora. Sora kind of flaunts his keyblade and new friends. But after a moment Sora ask about Kairi. When Riku says he doesn't know where Kairi is, Sora kind of forgets about the happiness of finding Riku and starts worrying about Kairi. Then gets in a fight with Donald and Goofy about taking Riku. Riku disappears, and this is the part I don't get, Sora just SHRUGS it off and goes on to just worry about Kairi when he has lost Riku once again. Maybe if he cared a little more Riku never would have turned bad. I know Sora is big on 'I care about my friends and I want them to be safe'- ness, but is that just for Kairi? Because when Riku disappeared he didn't seem to upset.
Didn't Sora care about losing Riku again? If you ask me, Riku has every right to be upset towards Sora. And after Riku turned bad, Sora wasn't all about trying to figure out why Riku turned bad, or trying to save Riku from the dark side. He just cared about Kairi.

All in all, I'm just starting to rant. But still, ranting about this some how is very important to me. I think Sora was a bit heartless towards Riku in the beginning. He actually kind of ditched Riku as old news for his new friends. If I was in an unknown place and had no ideal where my friends were and had no ideal what was going on, I'd be overjoyed to see a friend, and h*ll no would I lose them, or sort of toss Riku over my shoulder like Sora did.

Riku and Sora have been friends before even know Kairi existed, but now Sora thinks only of her and nothing of his oldest friend? :(

Just tell me what you think about this subject (not what you think about me being stupid enough to bring the subject up). And please reply your opinion in a civilized manner (aka no flaming me).

sora_123

my model is 'don't blame u're actions onto others'. Riku had a pretty good idea of what he was doing. Come on now he's older than sora, besides, finding Kairi was just a competion for Riku, who knows if he really care about finding her. That's what makes sora the true keyblade master, he doesn't go lamenting himself for what he did or did not do. Compare to Riku, Sora at least knew what was the right thing to do.

sora_123

u just contradicted u'reself on the 'no flaming please' suggestion. I just gave my opinion, if that's so wrong just tell me why don't u agree, i'm open to u're opinion.

RikuIsMine77

Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm not flaming you. Flaming is calling someone stupid and telling them this topic should be closed or whatnot.

I did none of that. I was simply asking a question. I didn't tell you that your theory is wrong. But you should be able to support it and have enough wit to debate. Just because I might simply state, in a harmless way, that I disagree doesn't mean I'm flaming you.

I'm glad that you posted your open. I just want a nice little debate about why you think that, and I'll tell you why I differ.

nothingness

well i think that after sora and riku met for the first time and riku dissapeared, sora probably wanted to find kairi now that he's seen riku. So after they find kairi and save her and put her back at the destiny islands, sora wanted to find riku and mickey, but in CoM sora didnt find riku. So in kh2, the seach continues

its funny case when sora wakes up in traverse town for the first time, he just says "where am I?" When Riku wakes up in Hollow Bastion, he calls out for Sora and Kairi...

moogles

Riku doesn't care what happens to Sora as long as he finds Kairi. Sora cares about both Kairi AND Riku.

Jampsa

I think he started to think about finding kairi after riku disappeared cause once he knew that riku was alright and safe the only thing left to do is find kairi

moogles

Yeah. Riku is capable of taking care of himself. Kairi is a little less battle hardened and needs protection from danger.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I always saw it as RIku was the one being a jerk. Most of my hatred/dislike of Riku stems from throughout the entire game, everytime we encountered Riku I was like "Aww, Riku, your such a bastard', and I still think Riku is a bastard

Riku preached about Sora forgetting all about Kairi and him, and replacing them with D & G, but if you pay attention to the conversation of thier first meeting in Traverse Town, Sora does the exact oposite

Sora expresses how great it was to see him, explains that with D % G's help, he was able to travel to many world just to find him, saying how he looked everywhere and took on many adventures looking for them, and told him how great it would be that they could search for Kairi together when he comes along with them on the Gummi Ship

Donald acts like a d*ck and says he can't come, and Sora fights back saying how Riku was his friend, and that he would come too and eventually him, Riku, and Kairi would be together soon

Riku leaves, yet had he stuck around, Sora would have convinced Donald (If you think aobut it, there was no way Donald could really deny Riku coming along) and him and Sora could have been buddy-buddy again, and eventually find Kairi

But instead, Riku ran away, most likely in spite or out of anger, thus leaving himself open to be manipulated by Meleficent and the darkess

So Riku became evil, continued to be a bastard, and eventually convinced himself that Sora was not his friend, Sora had replaced him and Kairi, Sora did not want to actually help Kairi, and that he, himself, were a much greater person, a stronger person, and a person capable of controlling the darkness, and using it to save Kairi

coolazice7

^yeah, muffinman hit the nail on the head. it all does come back to riku opening himself to darkness and simply assuming sora ditched him. sora shrugged riku off when he left because sora knew riku was fine and could handle himself.

DJFirewolf

I always thought of Riku as the "big brother" of Sora and Kairi, though he also rivaled Sora and liked Kairi. And though he was supposed to be the true keyblade master, the darkness overcame him, pursuading him that it was more powerful than the light, and the keyblade went to Sora. Riku ends up in Hollow Bastion away from Sora, Kairi, and anything else familiar to him. He meets Maleficent, who tells him about Sora, because she's been keeping tabs on him, and tried to persuade him that Sora had replaced him with Donald and Goofy and completely forgotten about him. Riku refuses to believe Maleficent and when he meets up again with Sora, he is skeptical of Donald and Goofy, though continues to believe that he and Sora are best friends. He also still believes that he is the better and more fit to lead. When he sees Sora with the Keyblade, he knows that Sora no longer needs him to be the "big brother". He is slightly crushed by that fact, and when Donald refuses when Sora asks Riku to come along, and Sora and Donald bicker while Riku is right there, he storms off away from them. Hurt, he returns to Maleficent, who continues to coerce him that Sora has replaced him, and asks him to join her. He loses a psychological battle with himself and agrees, yet later he accepts it with half-heartedness.

nothingness

that makes so much sense compared to everyone elses theories. and one of he main reasons riku used the darkness was to save kairi, rikus intentions were for good but eventually he gave in to darkness and then ansem took over and thats when riku realized what he became. After he ansem took over and riku went to kingdom hearts (around there) he talked with mickey and all he wanted was to save sora and kairi/know if sora a kairi were allright, and riku became good again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back